Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Very good documentary during the week by Peter Taylor on BBC about de Troubles, gave anyone not knowing the goings on a good catch up lesson so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Very good documentary during the week by Peter Taylor on BBC about de Troubles, gave anyone not knowing the goings on a good catch up lesson so to speak.

I hope it wasn't recorded in Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sligojoek wrote: »
    I hope it wasn't recorded in Germany.

Rumours was BASF and AGFA VHS tape used, zie Germans are calling the shots now in this country so to speak.

We'll be wearing their stazi/gestapo uniforms next.

It's a disgrace, Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

And 10,000 mentions on this thread.

Bad line dx, bad line. But oh, I forgot, that never happens.......

Well at least you’re not claiming Mr. Duffy’s plug-eens are myths so that’s progress I guess.

• Advertisement

We'll be wearing their stazi/gestapo uniforms next.

It's a disgrace, Joe.

De Hugo Boss uniforms?

Visiting someone who's unwell, so to speak.

I hope day get weller soon so to speak. You’re a great strength to dem, don’t forget dat. And remember, de burdens may get burdener but yer shoulders will get stronger so to speak. Take care petal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Well at least you’re not claiming Mr. Duffy’s plug-eens are myths so that’s progress I guess.

When Bad Line was discussed someone claimed that it happened regularly.

This was posted 26 June:

Duffy uses bad line regularly so you will def hear it if you listen in regularly

The tactic of him taking a break on awkward calls then going to a new topic (and no mention of last call) happens at least once a week I would estimate.

But it never happened since then, so I think it is a myth. Nobody gave any examples from before 26 June.

I never heard Duffy talking about his books. It could well be a myth, just like the Colours thing is a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

This was posted 26 June:

Duffy uses bad line regularly so you will def hear it if you listen in regularly

The tactic of him taking a break on awkward calls then going to a new topic (and no mention of last call) happens at least once a week I would estimate.

But it never happened since then, so I think it is a myth. Nobody gave any examples from before 26 June.

I never heard Duffy talking about his books. It could well be a myth, just like the Colours thing is a myth.

What colour is the myth caller? :pac:

Uncharted wrote: »
    What colour is the myth caller? :pac:

It's black propaganda.

• Advertisement

. It could well be a myth, just like the Colours thing is a myth.
    As the kids say, "It ain't that deep".

Sometimes Duffy does the bad line thing.
    Sometimes he asks ridiculous irrelevant questions about the colours of things.
    Sometimes people say jokes and satitise his broadcasting style.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The book has had a mention/plug almost everyday for the last two weeks. The wonderful, marvelous Freya is getting namedropped regularly. Then there's the regular mentioning of his twitter accounts where the book cover is the first thing you see.

As the kids say, "It ain't that deep".

Sometimes Duffy does the bad line thing.
    Sometimes he asks ridiculous irrelevant questions about the colours of things.
    Sometimes people say jokes and satitise his broadcasting style.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Similar myths were propagated in the British media in a relentless campaign against the EU. Which some people think softened up the people to go for Brexit.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

Just had a look at his twitter there. He could do with employing a proof reader.
    Cannot recommend this display of our heroes and heroines , so important to support them and get new recruits into a magnificent profession.
    Join us 1:15 RTÉ CURIOUS MINDS BESIDE MAIN HOUSE PAST THE STAGS HEAD. COHEN HEADS IN CONVERSATION WITH LEONARDS COHEN FRIEND AND WRITER JOHN MC KENNA

Similar myths were propagated in the British media in a relentless campaign against the EU. Which some people think softened up the people to go for Brexit.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/
    Are you really comparing this - fairly light-hearted - thread to the likes of UKIP lies, or somehow equating Duffy's position in RTÉ to that of Britain in the EU? That analogy is bizarre, caller.

This was posted 26 June:

He mentioned his new buke several times last week - but let me guess, we're all part of a wider conspiracy against RTE and you and we all got together here and colluded to formulate this lie to chastise your hero. Ok.........

"the colours thing" as you describe it is (like the buke mentions) absolutely not a myth.

Are you really comparing this - fairly light-hearted - thread to the likes of UKIP lies, or somehow equating Duffy's position in RTÉ to that of Britain in the EU? That analogy is bizarre, caller.

S/he appears to be doing just that, or else trolling. I hope it's trolling.

He mentioned his new buke several times last week - but let me guess, we're all part of a wider conspiracy against RTE and you and we all got together here and colluded to formulate this lie to chastise your hero. Ok.........

"the colours thing" as you describe it is (like the buke mentions) absolutely not a myth.
    S/he appears to be doing just that, or else trolling. I hope it's trolling.

Your latest post proves that you can write in English, without using nonsense made up words. If you stick to this in future, I would regard that as progress.

Your latest post proves that you can write in English, without using nonsense made up words. If you stick to this in future, I would regard that as progress.

Well let’s just avoid the subject when you’re wrong then, shall we? Ok!

Just on a point of clarification however; I don’t use nonsensical (note correct usage) words so to speak, I was writing phonetically* - perhaps if your own standard of the written and spoken word improved and/or broadened you wouldn’t need that explained to you.....and dat. You might perhaps seek to improve your own command of the language before criticising others use of same?

*phonetic writing is an accepted literary style. Perhaps the most famous exponent using this style is the Scottish writer, Irvine Welsh (whose work includes Trainspotting). I assure you it’s not a myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭boetstark

Ally Dick wrote: »
    She is in her bigoted C of I enclave

Have you a problem with COI

• Advertisement

We Lahvlahn Threaders seem to be in a position of national power beyond the wildest dreams of our satirical imaginations! My goodness me.

We Lahvlahn Threaders seem to be in a position of national power beyond the wildest dreams of our satirical imaginations! My goodness me.

I think s/he mistook Da Lahv Lahn Thread for De Conspiracy Theories Thread so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Well let’s just avoid the subject when you’re wrong then, shall we? Ok!

Just on a point of clarification however; I don’t use nonsensical (note correct usage) words so to speak, I was writing phonetically*

Savage put-down and dat, so to speak, sez I.

McDermotX wrote: »
    At least de book is getting a good Irish printin'. I would assume ?

Helping local businessessss an dat.

Just like the foiver Fridays dat Lahvlahn started to get the country off de floor.

Not unless Ireland is in Germany so to speak.

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Savage put-down and dat, so to speak, sez I.

I thought you were permanently banned Brian?

Guys it's Sunday evening, nearly 9pm; Tipp won the all-Ireland, there's neither a cow milked, nor a child washed in the house. Chill out, enjoy the rest of Glenroe and save the aggro for Joe tomorrow xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Guys it's Sunday evening, nearly 9pm; Tipp won the all-Ireland, there's neither a cow milked, nor a child washed in the house. Chill out, enjoy the rest of Glenroe and save the aggro for Joe tomorrow xx

Watching Daniel, and contemplating suicide :)

Watching Daniel, and contemplating suicide :)
    The Fleadh is on TG4 if that's any good to you caller?
    You'll have to switch to the Sunday Game if Sligojoek comes in.

I think s/he mistook Da Lahv Lahn Thread for De Conspiracy Theories Thread so to speak.

And there was I about to add “National Social & Political Influencer” onto my Kinkedin CV

• Advertisement

And there was I about to add “National Social & Political Influencer” onto my Kinkedin CV

That’s a new one to me - is that for “erotic” jobs so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,949 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

De Hugo Boss uniforms?

A Boss spokesperson said, "We don't like to talk about that... look, a shiny thing."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Notional powder, something like the good G. Ryan partook of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Thing is bad line bad line in this thread is often followed by an ad break on the show where the person is gone when it's back on.

On today’s show?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/thats-where-it-belongs-irish-bar-staff-in-us-film-themselves-pouring-conor-mcgregors-whiskey-down-the-toilet-38413947.html

Combining two of Mr. Duffy’s pet hate topics - one punch death fighting and de demon drink. It’ll be hard to make a natural segue into a plug-even about de buke, but I’m sure Mr. Duffy will do one of his “famous” transitions....

Ominous, ominous developments on the border
    The price of a scone in Ireland
    Overcrowded trains
    Believe It Or Not x 3

• Advertisement

"Believe it or not" overload in the promo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Believe it or not
    Believe it or not
    Believe it or not
    Believe it or not.
    :):)

Ominous, ominous developments on the border
    The price of a scone in Ireland
    Overcrowded trains
    Believe It Or Not x 3

ie. plugs for the book.

ie. plugs for the book.
    Gardaí and PSNI puzzled by the motivation of the blast. Appealing for anyone who saw a chauffer-driven Jaguar fleeing the scene.

Me fookin leg is bust again, almost sure patellar tendon has snapped, can’t walk or straighten de legeen at all. Should I go to Swiftcate NOW and miss de Lahvlahn or listen for potential Gold to ease de pain (screaming aloud & nearly blacked out from de paaaaain) and afterwards go to de clinic. Or try a Versatis? Vote 1, 2 or 3.

• Advertisement

Me fookin leg is bust again, almost sure patellar tendon has snapped, can’t walk or straighten de legeen at all. Should I go to Swiftcate NOW and miss de Lahvlahn or listen for potential Gold to ease de pain (screaming aloud & nearly blacked out from de paaaaain) and afterwards go to de clinic. Or try a Versatis? Vote 1, 2 or 3.
    I vote 1, 2 and 3.

Go to Swiftcare now, demand a Versatis and if it isn't forthcoming, call Joe and give-out blue murder.

In all seriousness get well soon Cat. Sounds like a dose, mind yourself petal

Wat colour are de Versatis patches?

Moan about trains, disgrace, Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Pre-buke yer seat so you can read yer buke in comfort.

I vote 1, 2 and 3.

Go to Swiftcare now, demand a Versatis and if it isn't forthcoming, call Joe and give-out blue murder.

In all seriousness get well soon Cat. Sounds like a dose, mind yourself petal

Sorry to hear about your latest unwellness Cat. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Barry Kenny on next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

usually people ‘buy ‘ a ticket etc. , when they are aggrieved / feel a claim coming on they have ‘purchased ‘ the item .... they think it ‘does sound more legal like ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Such a child

Very uncomfortable, for sure, but Why was it "dangerous"? In fact, it's safer to be tightly packed than standing in an empty carriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Honestly, what is his f**king problem with Barry Kenny. He's always making snide remarks about him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement