Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

sligojoek wrote: »
    Alex from the gealtacht? That was a month ago.

Totally different self entitled guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

Sure it's so easy to get mixed up between Alex and Rudolph!

Sorry lads was just being sarca:stic - two memorable callers with the same "name"!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Listening to playback now.

"Daithi you need to check yourself."

"Stop this guff, and it is guff"

Conor84 wrote: »
    Sure it's so easy to get mixed up between Alex and Rudolph!

Sorry lads was just being sarca:stic - two memorable callers with the same "name"!
    :rolleyes:

I figured that. Nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Listening to playback now.

"Daithi you need to check yourself."

"Stop this guff, and it is guff"

I particularly loved the "apologize to that lady........apologize......" repeated over and over as the call was faded out to the break (which in reality was a few seconds of dead air.......very professional)

The only apology I heard was from Duffy when they came back........Daithi was already on his way to the smoking area down the local boozer to tell his fellow future cancer associates about how he 'stuck it to Duffy'

Gold.

• Advertisement

Aha! But I forgot to mention Exhibit B, the laughter in the background on Daithí's line. If we could hear that through radio, Joe certainly heard through his headphones. He knew he was dealing with a joker.

Daithí made one big mistake, he went too far and lost credibility. I reckon he's a friend of Bláthnaid (all of whom love Joe, she says) I'm just gonna say it - NOT GOLD!!

Just caught up on today's show and think I agree about Daithi. I'm a smoker too but don't think anybody smoker or not would have been so genuinely belligerent on national radio to a woman who had just announced she had cancer and a tragic background.

From listening though I thought it was Blathnaid laughing at Daithi. I might br totally wrong and apologise if I am but she too just didn't feel genuine. All my friends love you, shout out to Niamh, so upbeat and sounded especially young for a 45 year old.

I think callers her might be right and it was a stitch up but if it was it was definitely gold and something that the callers on here could only dream of!!

You're right. Joe asked her was it her laughing and she said it was.

On listening, I think Daithi was a wind up merchant. I'm as fond of a smoke as the next man but I'd never ever do it if I thought for a second that I was inconveniencing anyone else.

He got Joe's gander/dander up. That's good enough for me.

Of course he's on a windup.......I mean the way he comes on speaking in the manner that he does to people who've suffered or experienced death is completely beyond the pale. With a mere muppet-level command of the English language as well.

Oh.......

You mean Daithi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

On listening, I think Daithi was a wind up merchant. I'm as fond of a smoke as the next man but I'd never ever do it if I thought for a second that I was inconveniencing anyone else.

He got Joe's gander/dander up. That's good enough for me.

Is it a coincidence that Dathi was able to get up Duffy's skirt and the lack of a buttery poster today. ? Are they one and the same ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Liveline Radio Promo featuring the Guffmeister.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The podcast is a lot shorter in duration. I have the smoking comedy gold, and the other one about the guy trying to find the man he saved, but that's all I have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Must get a listen back to this later. Lost the head again, some professional.

I may be wrong but I think the end was edited. They left out Joe at his very angriest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Posted this in the Newstalk thread the other day, but it’s probably more appropriate here:

(Mark) Cagney is on with Farcy now. He was talking about the time TV3 were digging at RTÉ fees and Farcy dropped in a not so subtle “well I wasn’t here then”. :pac:

Should I listen back to yesterday’s show? Isn’t there a platform where you can listen to the full show other than the podcasted segments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Is it a coincidence that Dathi was able to get up Duffy's skirt and the lack of a buttery poster today. ? Are they one and the same ?.

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

No.

Shyte :). Anyone want to but a Cape magnifying glass,a deerstalker and a pipe ?. Wery little use.. present owner retiring from detectiving:):)

If anyone was still awake at 2.30 they played the clip on the 2am - 3am highlights of the day package. The anniuncereven said Joe sensed a wind up when introducing the clip. In fairnes s to them they playedmost of the clip except the take a break, YOU APOLOGISE, dead air finale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

RTE now interviewing a Muslim lecturer about how he was "abused". I tell you they are consistent in pushing the agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Aha! But I forgot to mention Exhibit B, the laughter in the background on Daithí's line. If we could hear that through radio, Joe certainly heard through his headphones. He knew he was dealing with a joker.

Daithí made one big mistake, he went too far and lost credibility. I reckon he's a friend of Bláthnaid (all of whom love Joe, she says) I'm just gonna say it - NOT GOLD!!

Not sure what I believe really, except that it was a very strange interaction.

Surely there isnt anybody that would actualy genuinely hold Daithís opinion?

Think I heard 'guff' lobbed in there a few times while Joe was at maximum vexation.
    A tribunal needs to be set up to get to the bottom of the matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

A tribunal needs to be set up to get to the bottom of the matter

...and the ould tribunal, goes jingle jangle...

Not again puleeze.

Rehabilitative.... didja hear Duffy’s attempts to pronounce it on promo on Ronan Collins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Rehabilitative.... didja hear Duffy’s attempts to pronounce it on promo on Ronan Collins?

rehab bill or three sounds bout right

"The show was lit up yesterday, to excuse the pub."

Anne Cassin was visiting Howth Yacht Club on Nationwide yesterday, they are looking for new members it seems. No sign of the Rear Admiral or de nails in de walls so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Passive smoking expert has called us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,162 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Should I listen back to yesterday’s show? Isn’t there a platform where you can listen to the full show other than the podcasted segments?
    Duffy apologised!
    He went ape shít. Then there was dead air as he went to a break. Then he apologised to us all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Merciful hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

a bit of dogging is ok ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

Anne Cassin was visiting Howth Yacht Club on Nationwide yesterday, they are looking for new members it seems. No sign of the Rear Admiral or de nails in de walls so to speak.

Only of the non-goolied variety seemingly . Sexism or wha' ???

This could be good.

Good start... a roide in public

Was it the son doing the bold thing??

Pics or GTFO Joe

is the caller talking through his shoe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

16 year old lad?, sure he would love to describe it in detail.

• Advertisement

An erotic lahvlahn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

2smiggy wrote: »
    a bit of dogging is ok ?

Great for those who have a dog.;)

And was de Spiderman any good caller ?

**** to the left of me, riding to the right, here I am...

SEX, Joe

• Advertisement

Shocked me @rse

It's naaawda croime in Oireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My 16 year old self would have loved that

cozar wrote: »
    16 year old lad?, sure he would love to describe it in detail.

"Blow by blow" so to speak caller:pac:

whoy was your son looking at the riding, that was going on behind him ? peeping tom ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Gold incoming...

Heavy petting, so to speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭shearforce

"scared..."

of what

Two couples engaged in it at the same time

Did the young lad watch the film at all Joe?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement