Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I want no credit... says the man ringing the radio to tell his story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

2smiggy wrote: »
    so many heroes in the country ...

Heroes with Joe Duffy, could be a tv show in the making

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

John walks into a bar on top of a skyscraper. He sits down beside a guy drinking a pint of Guinness.
    The Guinness drinker lets his pint down, gets up and jumps off the roof, leaving John speechless.

2 minutes later the same guy walks back into the bar, orders another Guinness and jumps again.

This process is repeated a few times. John doesn’t know what’s going on. The next time the guy came back John asks, “how the hell are you doing that”.

The man replies, “it’s all in the Guinness”.

So John promptly orders a Guinness, drinks it down, runs to the edge and jumps. He dies.

The barman turns to the guy.....
    “ you’re some cnut with drink in you, superman “

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

All together now ......Aaaah !

Plug yer vent, luv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

It was like an episode of Casualty Joe

KaBOOM

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Tormented by smoke

3pm Joe.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Did you CHECK the smoke?

Why what did it say?

Knock on his door and check him missus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

Through the plugholes ?? Holy Feck . Those apartments are made of rubbish !

• Advertisement

Wtf? Darcy's got a prodder now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Get off the mixing desk D'Arcy

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Darcy getting impatient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good man Ray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Jesus. 400k.

That was incompetence Joe that is what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Ray presses the wrong button again.

A loud interruption to Joe’s finale. Farcy at the buttons.

Well I haven’t had a belly laugh like that in a very very long time. Thank you Lahvlahn, yer a tonic!

I’m awarding that show a Gold Star

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

I often wondered what a matinee was, now thanks to Joe I’m up to speed so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Larnix Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

On Drivetime now plugging a show that will be plugged the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

What's a larnyx Joe? Is it similar to a larynx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Well I haven’t had a belly laugh like that in a very very long time. Thank you Lahvlahn, yer a tonic!

We are all going to hell for laughing today. :)

I just couldn't help it and was surprised to read others in the thread were laughing too. :D

Jeff2 wrote: »
    We are all going to hell for laughing today. :)

I just couldn't help it and was surprised to read others in the thread were laughing too. :D

I expected John Pertwee to show up in a phone box :)
    And I had a great laugh also.

• Advertisement

Could you imagine D'arcy working in the military, calling in the air strikes.

"Oh, not that village......... eh, it wasn't my fault it as the producers they made me do it. "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Just listened back. Good stuff today I like variety of topics sometimes rather than the same point being reiterated for over an hour.

Personal highlight the was the brief return of Joe talking of the past in the present tense to set the scene for the 1984 Bob Dylan Slane story a la his botched attempts to do the same on D day for some reason.

Also appreciated the 'no...No....NO' reaction to the story of the neck flap puffer as if it was the first time hearing about it even tho he had said moments earlier there was a gross story on the way.
    I dont mind the falseness of it I just like the acting, must have picked up a few tips from his stint in deh panto (they literally brought down the house did you know?)

Dr No (vocal chords) - I laughed

Just thinking, imagine if Lar Nix transplants were offered to those who had to have their own removed. And of course, as with any donor organ, beggars can’t be choosers, you take what the transplant team give you once they have type matched it for blood group and fit.

The speech therapist arrives at your bed and begins to get you vocalizing, and instead of sounding like a dalek, you now sound like the generous donor, whoever they were, man or woman or etc. And you ought to have no reason to complain, but to be ever grateful to the person who gifted you their Lar Nix.

Just thinking, imagine if Lar Nix transplants were offered to those who had to have their own removed. And of course, as with any donor organ, beggars can’t be choosers, you take what the transplant team give you once they have type matched it for blood group and fit.

The speech therapist arrives at your bed and begins to get you vocalizing, and instead of sounding like a dalek, you now sound like the generous donor, whoever they were, man or woman or etc. And you ought to have no reason to complain, but to be ever grateful to the person who gifted you their Lar Nix.

All very well until you've given Marty Morrisseys lar nix or worse still that Ursula Jacob one :eek:

Resistance is futile !:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

When Joe said 'larnix' the first time today I thought it was just a mispronunciation. Anyone can do that. But it soon became apparent that he simply did not know how the word is either spelt or pronounced.
    Do RTE not have a pronunciation department where ignorant broadcasters can check the proper pronunciation of a word before they embarrass themselves on air by continually repeating the mistake.
    Is it not the job of the producer(s) of the show to whisper into Joe's headphones:-
    "FFS Joe the word is larynx , pronounced LAR-INKS".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

maybe the producer mispronounce it as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This a fake but.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,438 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Moothtoosis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

de cinema clip epic

the kids after
    dad: so what was plot like?
    kid: uh?? what no idea

Promo

Man dat held woman who died, where’s the daughter to pass on dying words?

The Stradbally postman who disappeared one Christmas

Moonlighting party or something or other

a topical murder today

the year is 1929

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

- more self less stories of rescues, including drunken Thomas from yesterday. They must have tracked down de daughter
    - unsolved moorders , including some postman from years ago. Detective Pikachu Duffy on da case
    - moon light media, have you dealt with them. Joe feels like shutting down a business. It's been a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,438 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

- more self less stories of rescues, including drunken Thomas from yesterday. They must have tracked down de daughter
    - unsolved moorders , including some postman from years ago. Detective Pikachu Duffy on da case
    - moon light media, have you dealt with them. Joe feels like shutting down a business. It's been a while

The company can take advantage of that in their advertising. Like the rogue trader who was exposed by BBC Watchdog. He advertised his wares subsequently "As seen on BBC TV".

• Advertisement

The only Moonlight Media I can find is in London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

- unsolved moorders , including some postman from years ago. Detective Pikachu Duffy Horatijoe on da case

FYP caller.

The company can take advantage of that in their advertising. Like the rogue trader who was exposed by BBC Watchdog. He advertised his wares subsequently "As seen on BBC TV".

It’s almost like wen da writer a da bukes duz imply dat de proceeds of his buke do be do be do be do be do be going to da chislers charities and dat........so to speak.

It’s almost like wen da writer a da bukes duz imply dat de proceeds of his buke do be do be do be do be do be going to da chislers charities and dat........so to speak.

And I say again... there was I wurkin in de libraries when Duffy was looking for contributions to de buke from de patrons. I was eagerly handing out these pamphlets and telling everyone that the money was going to chiselers, urging them to cooperate if they had info; what with the Crumblin hotspittle being a walk away. What a dumb fool I was.

And I say again... there was I wurkin in de libraries when Duffy was looking for contributions to de buke from de patrons. I was eagerly handing out these pamphlets and telling everyone that the money was going to chiselers, urging them to cooperate if they had info; what with the Crumblin hotspittle being a walk away. What a dumb fool I was.

Are you cast down as a result of your foolhardiness, so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Are you cast down as a result of your foolhardiness, so to speak?

1850 715815

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭shearforce

We’ve had militant smoker Dathi, a woman who can smell cigarette smoke coming through her party wall, 16yr old kids petrified of seeing a couple going at it in the cinema, multiple people who’s training ‘kicked in’ and saved someone or at most dialled 999 and of course a Dalek
    What a week to be alive
    Can it finish on a high note….probably not

"It was terrible, Joe. I really believed the smooth-talking con man and all his false promises."

"Dat's a terrible line, Cat, back after dese..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

"My son is very clever, Joe"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭shearforce

Roger_007 wrote: »
    "My son is very clever, Joe"

he's doing a degree in Thurles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement