Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Do you not tink dat de dubbalinese references to de childers bukes and dat are de funniest ting ever so to speak and dat? Did you not nearly did doyed wit de laffin and dat when you did be readin dem?
    It's a Liveline-thread tradition at this stage.

Leave ir ouh', Broyan, jus leave ir' ouh'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

You know what my ambition in life is right now? To hang out will the cool kids on here some day when Liveline is on and make profound comments on the show as it happens. I am off work on Monday so maybe that will be the day ... or maybe not.

Good lawwwd as PBH would say .... we get it Joe, what you are doing is auditioning to take over from Myles Dungan on the History Show which would be a much more suitable fit and would mean that you could escape the hard graft of a notorious work ethic needed to host a 75 min DAILY * Monday - Friday caller driven show and migrate to a weekly 1 hour devotion to all that is good and timely.

Possible topics for the first month:
    The Childer Expelled and Deported from the Gaeltacht (Shout out to Alex and his Mam)

The Childer Who Are Maybe Not Childer Hauled to Court by Barry Kenny (sorry Iarnrod Eireann) - great company. great staff Choo Choo

The Childer (aged over 12) Separated From Their Parents by the Tyrant who is MOL (On a 35 min flight to Manchester because they refused to book a seat beside each other) and Their Reunification (35 minutes later on arrival in Manchester)

The Childer (aged 16+) exposed to severely non childer like behaviour in a cinema in the great, great metropolis who didn't complain to anyone there but told their Dad.. who told Joe .. who told the cinema... who told the nation.

The Childer (aged 99+) who are still mere petals travelling on the LUAS each day
    but unable to check the cast down as they check the workers or the passengers. and

The Childer who .... f course you can name him caller..... don't name him caller, GDPR and all dat .... EXPUNGE ... EXPUNGE. What colour was the childer, caller?... BAD LINE , BAD LINE

....Promising stuff, indeed.

But on today's programme we had another Mammy defending her son who is doing a degree ... in Thurles .. but had difficulty using the Ticket Machine that was working perfectly according to herself. I thought cases before the court were sub judice (sp)/ Though it is great to have Joe Duffy SC on hand to defend the young lad. One thing I don't get is how the mother sort of implied that after son fell asleep he was tackled by an IE employee. But the summons ws about not havibg a ticket between Clondalkin and Fonthill about 5 mins out of Heuston. Sorta got the impression that he was asleep for a while so maye thi shappened when he was coming back?

Also those references to Moonlight Marketing/Promotions. The last tie we heard such coverage of the nocturnal sky was in relation to a pretty high profile murder case.

The cross promotion of other RTE "stars" is now laughable. Most shows are a plugfest but yeah it is a guilty pleasure of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Conor84 wrote: »
    You know what my ambition in life is right now? To hang out will the cool kids on here some day when Liveline is on and make profound comments on the show as it happens. I am off work on Monday so maybe that will be the day ... or maybe not.

Good lawwwd as PBH would say .... we get it Joe, what you are doing is auditioning to take over from Myles Dungan on the History Show which would be a much more suitable fit and would mean that you could escape the hard graft of a notorious work ethic needed to host a 75 min DAILY * Monday - Friday caller driven show and migrate to a weekly 1 hour devotion to all that is good and timely.

The Childer Expelled and Deported from the Gaeltacht (Shout out to Alex and his Mam)

The Childer Who Are Maybe Not Childer Hauled to Court by Barry Kenny (sorry Iarnrod Eireann) - great company. great staff Choo Choo

The Childer (aged over 12) Separated From Their Parents by the Tyrant who is MOL (On a 35 min flight to Manchester because they refused to book a seat beside each other) and Their Reunification (35 minutes later on arrival in Manchester)

The Childer (aged 16+) exposed to severely non childer like behaviour in a cinema in the great, great metropolis who didn't complain to anyone there but told their Dad.. who told Joe .. who told the cinema... who told the nation.

The Childer (aged 99+) who are still mere petals travelling on the LUAS each day
    but unable to check the cast down as they check the workers or the passengers. and

The Childer who .... f course you can name him caller..... don't name him caller, GDPR and all dat .... EXPUNGE ... EXPUNGE. What colour was the childer, caller?... BAD LINE , BAD LINE

But on today's programme we had another Mammy defending her son who is doing a degree ... in Thurles .. but had difficulty using the Ticket Machine that was working perfectly according to herself. I thought cases before the court were sub judice (sp)/ Though it is great to have Joe Duffy SC on hand to defend the young lad. One thing I don't get is how the mother sort of implied that after son fell asleep he was tackled by an IE employee. But the summons ws about not havibg a ticket between Clondalkin and Fonthill about 5 mins out of Heuston. Sorta got the impression that he was asleep for a while so maye thi shappened when he was coming back?

Also those references to Moonlight Marketing/Promotions. The last tie we heard such coverage of the nocturnal sky was in relation to a pretty high profile murder case.

The cross promotion of other RTE "stars" is now laughable. Most shows are a plugfest but yeah it is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Impossible to argue wit anything in that post.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

It's a Liveline-thread tradition at this stage.

Leave ir ouh', Broyan, jus leave ir' ouh'

Just trying to contribute to keeping this wonderful, wonderful tradition alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Thank you for your service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You sound cast down Brian.

Btw, Mr. Duffy says “wonderful, fantastic”, not “wonderful, wonderful”.....so to speak. Your contribution is however noted. Well done! Well done!

Conor84 wrote: »

Are you new here? Oh....wait....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Playback

Where are smokers supposed to go !!!!! Klaxon

Daawhee

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Btw, Mr. Duffy says “wonderful, fantastic”, not “wonderful, wonderful”.....so to speak. Your contribution is however noted. Well done! Well done!

If I had an obsessive interest in the works and words of the great man, I would probably have known that.

• Advertisement

If I had an obsessive interest in the works and words of the great man, I would probably have known that.

A-ha! Well spotted!

Your obsession seems to be this thread and one poster in particular. :rolleyes:

A-ha! Well spotted!

Your obsession seems to be this thread and one poster in particular. :rolleyes:

You seem cast down by that.

You seem cast down by that.

Flattered tbh.

Flattered tbh.

Rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,438 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

High praise indeed from the two best contributors to the thread.

I am flattered to achieve such a high ranking, with only 9 posts. Quality over quantity I suppose.

I am flattered to achieve such a high ranking, with only 9 posts. Quality over quantity I suppose.

Maybe those 9 posts are myths?

Rightly so.

How could I not be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Maybe those 9 posts are myths?
    "AHA" is the great man might exclaim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Can you lads not just add each other to your ignore lists?
    #tedious, so to speak.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Can you lads not just add each other to your ignore lists?
    #tedious, so to speak.

Just trying to help maintain the tone of the thread.

• Advertisement

MOD NOTE

Be very aware that various bans and sanctions will be issued to any further posting that tries to derail the thread, more particularly by those who participate with sole purpose to so do.

Sarcastic replies here will too result in sanction so don’t bother doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dat Cat got claws so to speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Dub-a-Lin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Mulchie in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Mr Culchie Goes To Doobalin.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

unadulterated kip caller?, so to speak ??

Was it Shirley Temple Bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Orwellmerchant

get it out caller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

'Did she have a mic and amplifier ?'

Second time it's been asked in as many minutes.

Not even listening, not even listening......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Orwellmerchant

What type of talent caller?

What around the neck ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a dwarf?

Joe wants him to f=cking define an exact age for busking ....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

She didn't seem to have supervision
    There seemed to be a parent there

Which was it caller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

tired and bored like us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,217 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I've seen Allie on Fridays on Grafton Street loads of times.....she's very talented

Would this girl be a wandering type ?

De unwell, Joe.

"Dub-a-Lin can be heaven,
    With coffee ar eleven,
    And a strooool down Stephen's Green"

Surely de guards would have investigated this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Doesnt Joe normally "check" callers when they say Junkies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

poor dad having to stand around all day listening to the same songs over and over.

Wats dis...? Dubland fm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Unwell is the word you should be using allie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

So there are druggies and scumbags on Grafton Street - stop the press. :rolleyes:

Right so, that's the PC term sorted out.

Junkies.
    Junkies

You cant say dat !

Junkies

Don’t call dem dat Donr call dem far

Dey are de Unwell, caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Well done caller, managed to say Junkies 4 times.

Well done, well done.

Joe doesn't like the word "junkie" ... is it the latest non PC wrongthink word ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement