Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

BPKS wrote: »
    So if this documentary to be release around the same time as Joe's buke (as a promotional tool for de buke so to speak), I wonder who exactly is footing the bill for the documentary?

Answers on the back of postcard to :

Dee Forbes
    RTE
    Donneybrook
    Dublin 4

Wot’s de proize?

This ticket selling con artist needs to be brought to justice. My blood is boiling listening to that story of him walking away with 420e of that womans money. You'd wonder how people can be so gullible though. A nice 10 years in the nick seems appropriate for a waste of space low life like this lad. In reality he'd do no time. Criminals paradise. Soft as putty is the justice system.

There’s a percentage of the population living off conning others/stealing in high and low places. I’ll say no more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

So if this documentary to be release around the same time as Joe's buke (as a promotional tool for de buke so to speak), I wonder who exactly is footing the bill for the documentary?

Answers on the back of postcard to :

Dee Forbes
    RTE
    Donneybrook
    Dublin 4

I said as much a few weeks ago so to speak- on the 12th day of August and dat:
    My contempt for the charlatan grew once again today as he offered this particular beauty in the 2mins I heard:

I was in Nordren Ireland a few weeks ago filming* about a buke I'm writing at the moment with The Irish Times Nordren Ireland Correspondent Freya McClements.

https://twitter.com/joeliveline/status/1155242318619975680?s=20

She was only appointed to the role on July 27th FFS, the way he said it made it sound like she was doing it 20years.

AND THAT'S BEFORE WE TALK ONCE AGAIN ABOUT HIS SHAMELESS PLUGGING OF HIS OWN COMMERCIAL VENTURE. DEE FORBES WHY AREN'T YOU STOPPING THIS?

*filming also indicates we're going to get a TV Special on De Deaths A De Childers too! More fees for the man o de peeple and dat. Wonderful! Fantastic!

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Brazilian or Hawaiian thataway>>>>>

I think you mean a Hollywood caller........

I suppose for De Filum to go with De Buke he will be featuring the Maxwells, Knatchbulls, and Nephew of Mountbatten, Char-less. I will never forget when Prince Charles first came to Ireland, Duffy was an underling studying to be an understudy of Gaybo, and was sent with an RTE microphone amid the crowds greeting him. “Chaaaar-less, come hee-ar, Chaaaar-less” he bellowed. I was embarrassed for the nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I wonder could that be dug up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

withless wrote: »
    I wonder could that be dug up?

Hes not dead yet ! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A breakeen no doubt before a stressful few weeks of filming. We’re here all summer folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

sligojoek wrote: »
    He loves saying "medics".

Almost as much as the padres. And he seems to have an extra fascination with the old missionaries. Remember that "missionary" who was on last year who was trapped in Kenya doing his preaching and had been locked up there and was on saying he didn't have any money/clothes. Wonder what happened with him in the end.

Think the team should propose a Liveline Callback to Kenya there to folow up the story. Would need extensive research and a nice breakeen abroad to do the story justice and you could imagine the pronunciations. Maybe they could speak to some locals who could attest to the greatness of the Irish padre but would have to ask not to do the accent ..... Joe that is, not the locals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Praise be to Allah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Conor84 wrote: »
    Almost as much as the padres. And he seems to have an extra fascination with the old missionaries. Remember that "missionary" who was on last year who was trapped in Kenya doing his preaching and had been locked up there and was on saying he didn't have any money/clothes. Wonder what happened with him in the end.

Think the team should propose a Liveline Callback to Kenya there to folow up the story. Would need extensive research and a nice breakeen abroad to do the story justice and you could imagine the pronunciations. Maybe they could speak to some locals who could attest to the greatness of the Irish padre but would have to ask not to do the accent ..... Joe that is, not the locals.

All charges were dropped about two weeks ago, so any junket to Kenya would be a wild goose chase...sotospeak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Praise be to Allah.
    I agree 100%

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    All charges were dropped about two weeks ago, so any junket to Kenya would be a wild goose chase...sotospeak.

Not at all a wild goose chase. He could segue from the plea on Lahvlahn to de big release from prison, proclaims big “we put in a few calls, pulled a few strings, that’s the power of Liveline, it crosses all ten continents”.

A little weekeen then on the white palm fringed coast ear Mombasa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,135 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Vision of Joseph on his film set

lying in a hammock been fed grapes.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

dvcireland wrote: »

The grapes must be peeled first caller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

After the latest revelations about one of Joe's heroes, the great Mountbatton, I wonder will Joe revisit the story to speculate whoy the 14 year old local boy was on the boat when it was blown to smidereens.

dvcireland wrote: »

I'm not sure that even industrial hammocks could support such a heavy weight...........

After the latest revelations about one of Joe's heroes, the great Sir Henry Mountcharles, I wonder will Joe revisit the story to speculate whoy the 14 year old local boy was on the boat when it was blown to smidereens.

EXPUNGE! You mean Lord Louis Mountbatten caller.

I would say Mr. Duffy will treat the recent revelations of (alleged) sexual abuse by Mountbatten in the same way he treats any attempt by callers to discuss the acts of one Bartholomew Aherne of the Parish of Drumconda; i.e. immediately shut down the conversation, cut the caller off, petulantly shout "back after deeze" and when he's calmed down after the ad break go to a new and completely unrelated topic, ideally as boring as possible and of interest to no-one but Mr. Duffy and the caller. An item such as an update on the magnificient, wonderful, fantastic Fry's Model Railway for example.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    All charges were dropped about two weeks ago, so any junket to Kenya would be a wild goose chase nice little break-een...sotospeak.

FYP. And do you really think the fact the charges were dropped would stop RTE from sending a crew out there?!!!

Sure Tubs wants to do The Late Late from NY and Australia! He probably thinks while he's in New York he can do his screen test to take over from Jimmy Fallon.

I would say Mr. Duffy will treat the recent revelations of (alleged) sexual abuse by Mountbatten in the same way he treats any attempt by callers to discuss the acts of one Bartholomew Aherne of the Parish of Drumconda; i.e. immediately shut down the conversation, cut the caller off, petulantly shout "back after deeze" and when he's calmed down after the ad break go to a new and completely unrelated topic, ideally as boring as possible and of interest to no-one but Mr. Duffy and the caller. An item such as an update on the magnificient, wonderful, fantastic Fry's Model Railway for example.

Feckin hell - ooops:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

After the latest revelations about one of Joe's heroes, the great Mountbatton, I wonder will Joe revisit the story to speculate whoy the 14 year old local boy was on the boat when it was blown to smidereens.

Boaty folk, apart from some being among the rudest, arrogant and unhelpful gobshytes I've ever met, are generally mostly friendly and ok people and are quite keen to encourage youngsters to take to the water, and if the lad was known to them, fair play.
    Somebody's got to make the tea.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Boaty folk, apart from some being among the rudest, arrogant and unhelpful gobshytes I've ever met, are generally mostly friendly and ok people and are quite keen to encourage youngsters to take to the water, and if the lad was known to them, fair play.
    Somebody's got to make the tea.

Friend of the show Ivan Calorie is a keen boaty-person......and hit and run parker of de boats and dat. I dare say he knows both the Commodore and the Rear Admiral in Howth so to speak. He might also know local residents and loveable Tax Evaders Jaco and Dr. Sam. It’s a small wurild really when you tink abour it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Duffy is an awful bollocks ! ( this is a holding statement as I have not had the time / energy to read this thread for awhile . )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Katie Hannon today.

Sophisticated scam.
    Have you came across Wesley the conman?

Is Knock a shrine or a tourist attraction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Welcome back Katie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Lord Louis’s gay friends called him Mountbottom. Make of that what you will.

jelutong wrote: »
    Lord Louis’s gay friends called him Mountbottom. Make of that what you will.

So what you’re saying is he was going to get blown that day one way or another?

Too soon?:pac:

What colour was de sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Post Malone in Athlone?? Póg mo thóin!

Buckfast.

Those were the days my friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Buckfast, good lads !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Vomit-ink , shout- ink ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭shearforce

fcukfast

fantastic stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I thought this was another call about fornication

De ambliance left her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Yeah I did think about that alright. All the oul sighing and hand wringing at the Shinners, and as it turns out they saved kids from being abused by killing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Buckfast.

Those were the days my friends.

Had my first bottle in about 4 years last week, really did a number on me. Good stuff. Hopefully someone will call in to give out about me.

Getting pissed on the bus is a vital learning experience.
    One I'm glad I didn't have to repeat. Too often, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Getting pissed on the bus is a vital learning experience.
    One I'm glad I didn't have to repeat. Too often, anyway.

Getting pissed on the bus is the best part

• Advertisement

He was pissed off he wasnt drinking buckfast I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

concert with mammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The son was wishing he wasn’t with his mam I’d say if you asked him .

Ask her what her favourite humming noise is?
    thinkfast2.jpg

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Had my first bottle in about 4 years last week, really did a number on me. Good stuff. Hopefully someone will call in to give out about me.

On the Galway-Dublin bus?

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Getting pissed on the bus is the best part

Best to get so pissed you don't recall the making an arse of yourself part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭shearforce

fack me, this is woeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Post Malone is sh1te so she had a lucky escape being left on the side of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

On the Galway-Dublin bus?

I've said too much

Waheey! We got to the "the point" at last.

shearforce wrote: »
    fack me, this is woeful

I'd say this woman would sound the same if she was after hearing she had a terminal illness or if she was after hearing she had won the Lotto

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement