Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

De Orchestras cost roughly what the 10% evaders do, whoy in de feck do RTE fund 2 orchestras? A rich mans jukebox so to speak.

https://www.thejournal.ie/rte-orchestras-3689456-Nov2017/

'Love Your Orchestras'

sligojoek wrote: »
    All joking aside todays caller reminded me of a character in Nenagh when we were kids in the 70s . He was the main cleaner of the church and would come to work in a dress and carry a handbag. Some man to do flower arrangements for a wedding or funeral. He was never ostracised by anyone. He was just C*****. Once you got used to him you never noticed. Damn good accordion player too, and I fcuking hate the accordion. He'd remind you of Freddie Mercury in the "I want to break free" video. Always had a fag stuck in his mouth while polishing the altar.

He died a few years ago and got a great floral send off.
    That's hilarious, and yes, not surprising.

My own Granny's mother, another Tipp woman, left her husband and wore men's suits (exclusively) from the 1920s on and did various other things that probably mean she'd be characterised as a lesbian or trans today. At the time I think it was just seen as another rural eccentricity. People mostly got on with it in those days. That's something that's lacking today, the ability to just stop agonising about yourself, or other people's business, and get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That's hilarious, and yes, not surprising.

My own Granny's mother, another Tipp woman, left her husband and wore men's suits (exclusively) from the 1920s on and did various other things that probably mean she'd be characterised as a lesbian or trans today. At the time I think it was just seen as another rural eccentricity. People mostly got on with it in those days. That's something that's lacking today, the ability to just stop agonising about yourself, or other people's business, and get on with it.

Are you ok petal? You sound cast down....

Are you ok petal? You sound cast down....
    It's a bank holiday Saturday and it's overcast Joe -- cast over -- so to speak. It's a disgrace. What are we paying Met Eireann for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm cast down with the overcast weather too. Looking at the rain for the last 2 hours. I need to make some cuts with an angle grinder and mix a bucket of adhesive but can't in case I get electrocuted. I'm going to give it another hour and if it doesn't stop I'm off to the alehouse.

I'm cast down with the overcast weather too. Looking at the rain for the last 2 hours. I need to make some cuts with an angle grinder and mix a bucket of adhesive but can't in case I get electrocuted. I'm going to give it another hour and if it doesn't stop I'm off to the alehouse.
    Take a break from the electrocution for one day, you'll be just in time for the 2.30 in Galway if you're so inclined.

I just placed a bet on Eclats Des Mottes, to try and save the day. If he doesn't bring home the money, I'll be talking to Joe on Tuesday to try and get my tenner back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Take a break from the electrocution for one day, you'll be just in time for the 2.30 in Galway if you're so inclined.

I just placed a bet on Eclats Des Mottes, to try and save the day. If he doesn't bring home the money, I'll be talking to Joe on Tuesday to try and get my tenner back.

or you could hit yourself on de head caller like guy in caravan

Sun came out half an hour after that. Job done. Pub at 4

or you could hit yourself on de head caller like guy in caravan
    Eclats is still running. Now I have no tenner and only one shoe.

1850 715...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

NIMAN wrote: »
    Not Joes pay per se, more the story about the new collection of the licence fee.

Collection going out to tender !!. Going the way of the NCT,toll road, etc. Anything that has the possibility to make money the fookin clowns sell. !
    And the Lotto impossible to lose money with it sold to a Canadian firm

Eclats is still running. Now I have no tenner and only one shoe.

1850 715...

Backed him at ten to one and he was still running at half past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

De Orchestras cost roughly what the 10% evaders do, whoy in de feck do RTE fund 2 orchestras? A rich mans jukebox so to speak.

https://www.thejournal.ie/rte-orchestras-3689456-Nov2017/

De ship is sinking and dose feckers are busy down in the bowels drilling more holes in it.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Jeez, I tuned in by accident, forgetting it was a holiday.
    It's awful, so it is.

De colour of de awful is puce, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Is that the canary off the gas ad?

Funded by the license fee message at the end of the show. Surely that is what should be said in reference to Funny Friday, if we're all being honest about things. Funny Friday is not free that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Great stuff from Zoe Conway and the RTE Concert Orchestra.

• Advertisement

Atlantic Dawn along to chastise you in 5.. 4..3.. 2.. 1. :D

Aww, they're my second-favourite RTE orchestra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Atlantic Dawn along to chastise you in 5.. 4..3.. 2.. 1. :D

Worth every penny, AD said.

*runs for cover*

Is that the canary off the gas ad?

Funded by the license fee message at the end of the show. Surely that is what should be said in reference to Funny Friday, if we're all being honest about things. Funny Friday is not free that's for sure.

And you’ve a fat chance of getting any of the “prizes” at it either unless you’re a relative or friend of RTE staff or the “comedians”. Saw that close up for myself at Bloom. Eg, one of the “winners” was a woman sitting in front row next to the crew member who was taking photos and seemed to be known to her. More of us need to penetrate the audience of future Funny Frydaze where possible and observe see the picture.

It may have been a one-off suchlike situation as the RTE tent at Bloom is rather small and being in Dublin it may have attracted more folk close to RTE. Best positions are near the front and aisle. I couldn’t get near either position and had to squeeze into a space, with a person telling me it was reserved for somebody else. I suggested there was plenty of room for a few (which there was) and sat resolutely down. I can be very stubborn in real life, in front of real live people, and impossible to shift under these circumstances. I always have a little convo stored in my onboard computer and it goes something like this “I didn’t realise it was a ticketed event?.... So on what grounds am I required to leave?”

Cat’s real life bites are way worse than the online whimpering mews!

We need brave “Lahvlahn Yellowjackets” to show our faces at de Unfunny Froydays and May observations which may prove or disprove my paranoia.

And you’ve a fat chance of getting any of the “prizes” at it either unless you’re a relative or friend of RTE staff or the “comedians”. Saw that close up for myself at Bloom. Eg, one of the “winners” was a woman sitting in front row next to the crew member who was taking photos and seemed to be known to her. More of us need to penetrate the audience of future Funny Frydaze where possible and observe see the picture.

It may have been a one-off suchlike situation as the RTE tent at Bloom is rather small and being in Dublin it may have attracted more folk close to RTE. Best positions are near the front and aisle. I couldn’t get near either position and had to squeeze into a space, with a person telling me it was reserved for somebody else. I suggested there was plenty of room for a few (which there was) and sat resolutely down. I can be very stubborn in real life, in front of real live people, and impossible to shift under these circumstances. I always have a little convo stored in my onboard computer and it goes something like this “I didn’t realise it was a ticketed event?.... So on what grounds am I required to leave?”

We need brave “Lahvlahn Yellowjackets” to show our faces at de Unfunny Froydays and May observations which may prove or disprove my paranoia.

yellow waistcoats caller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

FunnyFryday prizegiving is like de Credit Union Car Raffles so to speak......de prizes are for staff and their fambilies only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

And you’ve a fat chance of getting any of the “prizes” at it either unless you’re a relative or friend of RTE staff or the “comedians”. Saw that close up for myself at Bloom

S02E02-t6QuCKIM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I don't think booze and fags are suitable for a funeral Joe.

But whyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooy?

What would ye like of yer coffins when yew pop yer clogs?

That could yield Gold.

Fr Iggy on the News At One just now talking about rap music at funerals and other unseemly goings-on. Surprised he's not talking to Joe instead.

Fr Iggy on the News At One just now talking about rap music at funerals and other unseemly goings-on. Surprised he's not talking to Joe instead.

I didn’t hear de promo, but surely Joe couldn’t resist this topic. I’m sure they have line up somebody from the church of the holy Booz and fags.

I want an airplane, a globe and a stuffed cat on my coffin.

I'm outraged, Joe.

Important stuff.

The stuff that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So a pub gives free food to children and somebody has a problem with it, only in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Nosey oul biddy. Nothing to see here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭shearforce

somewhere new for me to bring the kids

Thanks Joe

absolute wagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Methinks that Gabriel has too much time on her hands!

Parents working hard all week. For gods sake, a pub dinner on a Sunday is nothing much to ask for

Sounds like a Rambler, in so many ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

1/2 carvery lunch, satisfying for Joe?, dont think so missus.

This woman HAS to be a sister of former Senator Marie Louise O'Donnell.

• Advertisement

Nuggets or Goujons?

Text poll in 5 mins

Chicken goujons are chicken nuggets that went to Trinity College... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

I ber her husband drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Methinks that Gabriel has too much time on her hands!

And money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

McDermotX wrote: »
    Nuggets or Goujons?

Text poll in 5 mins

My vote goes to the goo-johns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Snobbish Busy body fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Orwellmerchant

Great, a pain in the hole. Anglo Irish lady isn't happy with local alcoholics.

Chicken goujons are chicken nuggets that went to Trinity College... LOL

so joes a chicken goujon so

Get Tullamore Tom on the blower.

Always like to hear his constructive views about complaints from the general public.

John Brady the owner will be on next

"hopefully with a bit of luck I'd be up a mountain of a Sunday"

hopefully

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement