Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

"Have you spoken lately"

Yikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Twink on line 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The feud

Continuity Wolfe tones

Real Wolfe tones

New Wolfe tones

All the same ol sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Twink on a liquid Lunch

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Texas Tom all week and twice on Sunday’s

Buttermilk all the week and whiskey on a Sunday.

Danny Doyle ref for the kids

Jayzzzzzz They've dug up Maxi!

Maxi hot pants klaxon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,948 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Queue of showbiz luvvies who knew Danny waiting in vain to get on in the last two minutes.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Tactful as a fcuking chainsaw there Joe, and quite content to pry into brothers fighting. Le irony.

Ronan Collins

If ever there was a lad stealing a living in montrose ...

• Advertisement

A bootiful voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I thought he.said Danny Boyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,948 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Jeez, my dog's howling at that.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Hmmm......Maxi in hotpants......... Joe wont be able to stand up from that table if you get my drift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Any chance we could arrange for Babs to be overcharged by Texas Tom?

Tom Texas closed the 'Coffee club' a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

♫ ♫ "I can almost see Alex climbing out the window from here." ♫ ♫

Tossing back pints of black Valium

Tactful as a fcuking chainsaw there Joe, and quite content to pry into brothers fighting. Le irony.

Subtle like a heavy mallet in the face.

Now up next..... "The prospect of paralyses."

Ronan Collins

If ever there was a lad stealing a living in montrose ...

Have to disagree. You must mean Duffy, tubbers,farcy and finnucan

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »

My cat is purring

Tossing back pints of black Valium

Not a bit wonder these boyos are shuffling off the mortal coil...

Derek Davis didn't get a tribute

My cat is purring

Lets not go there. Its a family site.

Dan Jaman wrote: »

Joe has that effect.

That was a poignant letter by Danny to Ronan, all the same. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He was at that the last time he had him on.

Unleashing his inner George Mitchell.

Have to disagree. You must mean Duffy, tubbers,farcy and finnucan

Ronan Collins comes across like a sound guy, but really... Shuffle into RTÉ, shuffle the Golden Oldies Spotify playlist, read out a few requests, and walk out of work an hour later.

That ain't work. I have no idea what salary he's on, but if it's anywhere close to or above 100k, it's a scandal.

Ronan Collins comes across like a sound guy, but really... Shuffle into RTÉ, shuffle the Golden Oldies Spotify playlist, read out a few requests, and walk out of work an hour later.

That ain't work. I have no idea what salary he's on, but if it's anywhere close to or above 100k, it's a scandal.

It could be worse. He could spend 75 minutes on the phone listening to people, and interrupting them, and get €400k+.

Flukey wrote: »
    It could be worse. He could spend 75 minutes on the phone listening to people, and interrupting them, and get €400k+.
    But think of all the private radio stations banging down RTÉs door to offer Duffy, Ronan Collins, Tubridy similar amounts of money. Market rates, definitely not inflated wages, mar dhea.

So I’ve heard today that Danny Doyle had an operation that went wrong, Michael Smurfit had a hip replacement that went wrong.... I feel more cheered up.

• Advertisement

Don't care what salary he's on. He's inoffensive,entertaining,has lived a life entertaining others,there's many useless fookers in the RTÉ cesspit that wouldn't be fit to travel on the same train as him,and their getting an inordinate amount of money for doing food all. He deserves a handy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

sligojoek wrote: »
    He was at that the last time he had him on.

Unleashing his inner George Mitchell.

i thought u said george Micheal

funny a team story de ateam were in a redneck country bar in one episode. de producer got george boy (county singer) mixed up with boy George. to late at end to fix so a team fight rednecks in said bar while boy george sang and threw a few shapes

https://youtu.be/ebjfsVNwBXU

Don't care what salary he's on. He's inoffensive,entertaining,has lived a life entertaining others,there's many useless fookers in the RTÉ cesspit that wouldn't be fit to travel on the same train as him,and their getting an inordinate amount of money for doing food all. He deserves a handy one.
    There's great value in what he does, for sure. There are loads of people in life who do immensely valuable work, and in an ideal world they'd all be paid wage increases, but you can't be frivolous with public money. There has to be a limit. At the moment, the best way we have to determine rates of pay is to rely largely on a competitive marketplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mena Mitty wrote: »

Really? Tell us more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Really? Tell us more...

Dere's little mora I can tell ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Ah....that's terrible.
    I was only looking on Trip Advisor last week for the name of the place again (after replaying a few snippets) and it said it was still open (if you can believe them).
    Always wanted to swing by and shake the great man's hand - the man who told the nation what they needed to hear about Lahvlahn and it's denizens.

Dunno where your one is going to get her stirfry now. Or whomever is going to tell all the Judiths out there to drop dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Barbara and Alex really messed up today.

If it wasn't for their attitude they could have got €450 back and go free next year.

Dere's little mora I can tell ya.

WHOY? Not enough room for all the customer service awards and dat?

i thought u said george Micheal

funny a team story de ateam were in a redneck country bar in one episode. de producer got george boy (county singer) mixed up with boy George. to late at end to fix so a team fight rednecks in said bar while boy george sang and threw a few shapes

https://youtu.be/ebjfsVNwBXU

I'm old enough to remember that episode from when it first aired.......I was but a chisler sez I. Did they call him "Cowboy George" at one stage too to explain the mix up, so to speak?

I'm old enough to remember that episode from when it first aired.......I was but a chisler sez I. Did they call him "Cowboy George" at one stage too to explain the mix up, so to speak?

yes in video i cant embed crowd calling for cowboy george mr t moves rlol

• Advertisement

yes in video i cant embed crowd calling for cowboy george mr t moves rlol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

ABSOLUTE TOTAL GOLD

You know you've got it bad when after hearing it today I was looking forward to reading this thread and actually listened all over again!

Barbara was some caller. Haf practically all the opinions, manners and "style" of a panto character. GDPR, humanity, democracy, due process, being silenced. The course id over, offered a refund or a free course but still not happy.

The way the son was starved, humiliated, made a public example of ... well lets go on national radio and fully name him and put him through that. That has to be much more of an ordeal for him. You would swear he was transported to the Gaeltacht version of Alcatraz by the fear and bean an ti on their donkeys while handcuffed and attached to a rope...ffs

In fairness to him ge seemed like a sound enough lad. Like someone else said earlier its not unusual to be sent home/expelled from the Gaeltacht. Happened to me the 2nd time I was there and was 16 too. Got caught coming back after going out the window (surprise, surprise) and being a buachaill dana ag ol agus ag caitheamh tobac. Wasn't the first time I did it (prob the same for Alex) to o but was my first time getting caught!

I got my marching orders and Mammy had to come and collect me. But this was just about 20 years ago so Mammy wasn't ringing Liveline but telling me how disappointed and ashamed she was of me and that was before getting home to "meet" my Dad who wasn't exactly happy.

But yeah ended up a mini legend back at school (me and the other lad). Not by my Irish teacher but by the other lads. Just one of those things Alex - part of growing up. Do your time like a man!!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

caught this while in a shop.
    i cant remember if the caller that got my goat was called Brenda.
    her willingness to elevate this chap to legend level because he broke a rule was beyond stupid.
    it doesnt nake someone big in the eyes of anyone that matters.
    its not 'naughty' as she said.
    and the sense of entitlement of mammy ringing the radio because dipstick son couldnt behave himself is a symptom of that particular type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

and the sense of entitlement of mammy ringing the radio because dipstick son couldnt behave himself is a symptom of that particular type.

Someone should email a link to this thread to the guy that was on(never answer liveline :)) to show what other people think.

I recorded and listened a few times to when he was on and unbelievable, even after offered money back and free next year.

But it had gone to far at that stage to take the offer.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/they-were-treated-like-criminals-mums-outburst-after-son-expelled-from-irish-college-38387832.html

Standards are slipping enormously at the Indo. Normally this would have been published online by 4pm, it took until 9:15pm to have that online last night. Also, by recent Indo standards, it’s relatively light on the exaggeration and sensationalism.....

Don’t get me wrong, it really is an atrocious rag, but it’s 4:51am and I was pretty bored, and in my defence I only looked to see if they had covered de story of de day and dat. Still haven’t gotten to the podcast....

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/they-were-treated-like-criminals-mums-outburst-after-son-expelled-from-irish-college-38387832.html

Standards are slipping enormously at the Indo. Normally this would have been published online by 4pm, it took until 9:15pm to have that online last night. Also, by recent Indo standards, it’s relatively light on the exaggeration and sensationalism.....

Don’t get me wrong, it really is an atrocious rag, but it’s 4:51am and I was pretty bored, and in my defence I only looked to see if they had covered de story of de day and dat. Still haven’t gotten to the podcast....

Came along to post the same. I've just seen it myself. Agree with your summation, thought it would be up at 14.30 yesterday.
    I do however think the indo are doing a great job on M.Bailey.

Came along to post the same. I've just seen it myself. Agree with your summation, thought it would be up at 14.30 yesterday.
    I do however think the indo are doing a great job on M.Bailey.

True. Her mistake was joining FG. If she was FF, she’d have Joe out defending her daily (well, at least on the days he’s in.....). Maybe he can give her solicitor a 45min slot to tell us how great her client is. Oh, wait.....

i have no idea on tech but there is a thread on ming de merciless he follows bertie around with sachel and frank fahy video from ages ago
    tis epic its so badly done its unreal
    like hardy bucks mixed with paths to freedom

i have no idea on tech but there is a thread on ming de merciless he follows bertie around with sachel and frank fahy video from ages ago
    tis epic its so badly done its unreal
    like hardy bucks mixed with paths to freedom

Link?

• Advertisement

cant get link to work. in after hours i hear your a racist mf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement