Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Mary is Maggie Thatcher lite

Was going to say same, and had to pause and think whether anyone here is a Nordie. Accent cuts right through me.

I take offence!! Never said it here before but I have an extremely strong West Belfast accent that’s music to my own ears every time I speak and music to my cat’s ears too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Uncharted wrote: »
    Mary is Maggie Thatcher lite

No. She’s worse than that

She’s a self hating thatcher/unionist wannabe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

BOOM

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

Wotcha think about that mary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I've had enough of this argy-bargy, I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ah, is the whole show just a promotion for his buke ??

Order me Buke, order me Buke!

2smiggy wrote: »

A-ha !!!!! Well spotted smiggy

• Advertisement

Good point

He will keep at this NI topic for the next while to keep the hype going

Coming up to de Christmas market, we’ll be into dat de minute de Rose of Tralee is over.

Good point

Expunge ....... EXPUNGE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Good point

Playing with fire comes to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,948 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Did Joe write a book about it?

Fancy that.
    He'll be telling us next he went to Trinity.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Cyathlix an Pradztants

• Advertisement

Simon calling in from the bowl in the jax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Simon ringing in on a potato

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe denying de legitimacy of dat callers phone line.

No Joe at Tulla-moray this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they managed the ash for cash in the north, I'm sure they could fix a bit of funding for harland and wolff

• Advertisement

they managed the ash for cash in the north, I'm sure they could fix a bit of funding for harland and wolff

Cash for ash up in nordyland

Dough for Joe down here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

She said already how long she was living up North, listen up Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

No Joe don't go there.

Is his norderner chiseler buke out soon?

In de same Panti On

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Yes Joe, she has her panty on.

Christmas, caller, Christmas

It would have been but some fecker kidnapped it and blew it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

She'll never answer that one clearly.

I repeat..... Just fcuk off Mary.

• Advertisement

Christmas, caller, Christmas

He will take up literally weeks of airtime promoting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭StreetLight

It's 3 o'clock Joe, run credits.

That was some pile of shite

And to think I’ll be in de midst of de bonfires on Monday. Think I’ll pop all sorts of confusing flags out de windows of de car, a plague on all your houses so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

That was some pile of shite

It certainly was.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

So who's stirrin the pot up there..SF up to their old tricks again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Liveline is not a legitimate form of a caller led radio show Joe.

We have a right to protest and take up posting by whatever means nessasarry; the pc, the tablet and phone Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,545 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

frosty123 wrote: »
    So who's stirrin the pot up there..SF up to their old tricks again?

I think it's a case of trying to expose whoy it's ok for the Orange folk to set up massive bonfires on publicly owned lands complete with offensive flags and materials on top of them but not ok for Nationalists to do the very same.

• Advertisement

I think it's a case of trying to expose whoy it's ok for the Orange folk to set up massive bonfires on publicly owned lands complete with offensive flags and materials on top of them but not ok for Nationalists to do the very same.

I think it’s a case of trying to sell a buke. Joe was touring up there during Brendan Grace’s funeral time on a mission to expedite de conclusion of de great wurk, making contacts all around and inviting them on opposing sides, an dose hovering in de middle, to “phone me show” as a golden opportunity for airing views they might not be able to do on their own airwaves. I don’t listen to Nordridden Radio but I reckon it’s probably all about hanging baskets, cake baking and other non controversial topics. We are going to hear endless Nordie accents on de Lahvlahn from now to Christmas so buy your earmuffs now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Nationalists in the North are supposed to know their place as decided by Unionists and Southern West Brits .

That situation from 1922 did not work out and will not work out .

Obviously the Nationalists should cut out most of the nonsense re ; Bonfires and stuff on bonfires .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well, Mary is a right cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I got a good laugh out of yer man Contradicting Duffy and telling him a few home truths about life for a Catholic up North. Duffy wrote a book to try to cash in on the Troubles, this man f**king lived it.

RTE are gas, they will portray Nelson Mandela as a freedom fighter and laud the women of Dunnes Stores for their protest about de "evil" apartheid in South Africa, but they won't acknowledge the apartheid that existed up the North cos they are all a bunch of West Brits themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I got a good laugh out of yer man Contradicting Duffy and telling him a few home truths about life for a Catholic up North. Duffy wrote a book to try to cash in on the Troubles, this man f**king lived it.

RTE are gas, they will portray Nelson Mandela as a freedom fighter and laud the women of Dunnes Stores for their protest about de "evil" apartheid in South Africa, but they won't acknowledge the apartheid that existed up the North cos they are all a bunch of West Brits themselves.
    That deserves a bump .

Hellfire, Jeremy wrote something I agree with.
    Is this Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Hellfire, Jeremy wrote something I agree with.
    Is this Tuesday?

Funny Friday !!!:) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Didn't hear the show again today.....worth listening back to, or just go for the Irish college pod?

Re. accents; having spent a great deal of time in Norn Iron I have found that the girls who went to the posher schools so to speak have very soft accents, but often the boys who went to the same schools can be quite sharp. Females up North always seem to have less harsh accents than the males and dat. This I find to be true throughout all of the North TBH.......

Mrs. ButtersSuki is a Northern Prod and Unionist so to speak, though she's been down here since she went to The Protestant University (dats Trinners in case yisser all didn't know). Aside from her saying "wee" and "ock" occasionally you wouldn't know she's from the North at all, you'd likely think she's just "well spoken".

As we're talking about accents though, I find certain Munster accents to be horrendous; take the Killinaskully "dat's rye-it" Tipp accent for example, to some of the more rural Cork and Kerry accents. Mrs. ButtersSuki has no idea what any of the Healy-Rae's do be saying so to speak - just can't understand it at all. I can understand them all, but sometimes I wish I didn't..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Link?

https://vimeo.com/48487593

Dole Éireann

goose2005 wrote: »

Hardy Bucks eat yer heart out. :pac:

Didn't hear the show again today.....worth listening back to, or just go for the Irish college pod?

Re. accents; having spent a great deal of time in Norn Iron I have found that the girls who went to the posher schools so to speak have very soft accents, but often the boys who went to the same schools can be quite sharp. Females up North always seem to have less harsh accents than the males and dat. This I find to be true throughout all of the North TBH.......

Mrs. ButtersSuki is a Northern Prod and Unionist so to speak, though she's been down here since she went to The Protestant University (dats Trinners in case yisser all didn't know). Aside from her saying "wee" and "ock" occasionally you wouldn't know she's from the North at all, you'd likely think she's just "well spoken".

As we're talking about accents though, I find certain Munster accents to be horrendous; take the Killinaskully "dat's rye-it" Tipp accent for example, to some of the more rural Cork and Kerry accents. Mrs. ButtersSuki has no idea what any of the Healy-Rae's do be saying so to speak - just can't understand it at all. I can understand them all, but sometimes I wish I didn't..........

So yissers household is de true Oirish flag so to speak; Butters de Green, Mrs Butters de Orange, and West Highland de White.

Mrs Buttersuki probably speaks like my old (well known) vet John Bainbridge, whom I have known since being a chiseler. He was impressed at my mouth to mouth resuscitation of newborn pups (I know the clean taste of amniotic fluid), and encouraged me to do veterinary, but alas I’m stupidly over-sentimental to pursue dat. I’ve handled my share of dying/animal corpses on de road (since age 4) to give them dignity and they cause me such grief in memory.

My own genes are 45% Nordidden English, 53% Oirish, and 2% Anudders. Im very fond of de genealogy an dat. A lot of de fambily names do not be Oirish in original Origin.. Cornwall, Sheircliffe, Scott, Bias, etc. De cat’s genes haven’t been tested...yet....but I’d say 95% Alley.

Completely off topic but speaking of genes a friend of mine once said she would have an offspring of her family’s genes sent off for testing to determine faaaderhood so to speak.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement