Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Hellfire, Jeremy wrote something I agree with.
    Is this Tuesday?

I've contacted the moderators and had your thankz removed :pac:

did you hear Duffy's blood pressure slowly rising though, you can almost hear it through the wireless. When you hear one of the callers say something you know he wont agree with, the breathing pattern changes, you hear the sighing, you hear his chubby fingers moving towards the volume fader for the caller.

I think RTE must recognise at this stage that the most entertaining thing about Liveline is when the callers start baiting Duffy.

-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've contacted the moderators and had your thankz removed :pac:

did you hear Duffy's blood pressure slowly rising though, you can almost hear it through the wireless. When you hear one of the callers say something you know he wont agree with, the breathing pattern changes, you hear the sighing, you hear his chubby fingers moving towards the volume fader for the caller.

I think RTE must recognise at this stage that the most entertaining thing about Liveline is when the callers start baiting Duffy.

-

And let there be more of it.

Didn't hear the show again today.....worth listening back to, or just go for the Irish college pod?

Re. accents; having spent a great deal of time in Norn Iron I have found that the girls who went to the posher schools so to speak have very soft accents, but often the boys who went to the same schools can be quite sharp. Females up North always seem to have less harsh accents than the males and dat. This I find to be true throughout all of the North TBH.......

Mrs. ButtersSuki is a Northern Prod and Unionist so to speak, though she's been down here since she went to The Protestant University (dats Trinners in case yisser all didn't know). Aside from her saying "wee" and "ock" occasionally you wouldn't know she's from the North at all, you'd likely think she's just "well spoken".

As we're talking about accents though, I find certain Munster accents to be horrendous; take the Killinaskully "dat's rye-it" Tipp accent for example, to some of the more rural Cork and Kerry accents. Mrs. ButtersSuki has no idea what any of the Healy-Rae's do be saying so to speak - just can't understand it at all. I can understand them all, but sometimes I wish I didn't..........

"rye-it". THat's you and me finished so. :D

I'm from the very Nort Westren end of the Keee - ounty,

The Mattie McGrath accent drives me mad. I've friend from dee oowwn sowath who has lived in Hamburg for the last few years. He was hard enough to understand before he went over. Now he speaks bi-lingual in both accents.

It's an accent to behold.

-[/quote]

One day he’ll arrive into studio wearing one of those fairly routine 24 hour BP Monitors and we’re bound to hear it explode in a backfire on air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

One day he’ll arrive into studio wearing one of those fairly routine 24 hour BP Monitors and we’re bound to hear it explode in a backfire on air.

I'v had to have one of them a few times( probably caused by listen to liveline :)) and get two hours to the doctors with the thing going off every 20 minutes on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I'v had to have one of them a few times( probably caused by listen to liveline :)) and get two hours to the doctors with the thing going off every 20 minutes on the bus.

And how did dat make you feeeeeeeeeel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

And how did dat make you feeeeeeeeeel?

Cast down for sure.

Then again Dublin bus does to me anyway. :)

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Cast down for sure.

Then again Dublin bus does to me anyway. :)

Have you not got a "pal" you can ring?

What are the smells of Ireland? One American says HASH
    Do you have any contacts in Hong Kong? As tensions increase between Hong Kong and China, Joe wants your Hong Kong rellies on the caller-driven show
    Orange Mary from Tipperary part II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the most common smell in Ireland is marrawanna

Hong Kong airport has closed are you der?

Mary from Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

- smells of Ireland, yank thinks most common one is Hash
    - Hong Kong Airport shut, Joe can't get through to an Irish bar, can you get someone to call in pleaseeeee
    - The 'Tipperary' Orangewoman again

BTW Ronan introduced it as what might be on today's show :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Duffy to discuss some half cocked theory that hash is the dominant smell of Ireland in 2019!! Where does he get his rubbish?

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Duffy to discuss some half cocked theory that hash is the dominant smell of Ireland in 2019!! Where does he get his rubbish?
    Bloody yanks. Who goes on holiday and calls up a local whineline to complain that he smelled some hash in Borrisokane, or wherever?

Granted, it must be pertrurbing to be in a country where everyone isn't a ball of stress and armed to the hilt with semi-automatic weapons.

to be honest I'm sure where the yank was frequenting , but I rarely come across the smell of hash !! Plus the boom is back, who smokes hash any more, peasants :D

Bloody yanks. Who goes on holiday and calls up a local whineline to complain that he smelled some hash in Borrisokane, or wherever?

Granted, it must be pertrurbing to be in a country where everyone isn't a ball of stress and armed to the hilt with semi-automatic weapons.

The cops busted a growhouse there last year.

FWIW I find weed far more widespread than hash. And the smell would knock a horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Well it's the 50th anniversary of the Bogside war ... wonder will Joe have a special on it todaY?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

where I am the most common smell is slurry

sligojoek wrote: »
    The cops busted a growhouse there last year.

FWIW I find weed far more widespread than hash. And the smell would knock a horse.
    I hadn't heard that about the growhouse, doesn't surprise me really. One of the biggest changes since the onset of the last recession, in towns like Borrisokane, Nenagh, Cloughjordan, is the availability of drugs.

Also, yeah it's a bit odd that he specifically described a hash problem. I'd associate hash with students in the 1990s, I'd be surprised if it's that common anywhere anymore.

It’s not too uncommon to smell it in my relatively posh block.

• Advertisement

It’s not too uncommon to smell it in my relatively posh block.
    You know what to do.

1850 715 815

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,948 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Dat's d'other side o' de wurldud an' dat.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭mountain

Well it's the 50th anniversary of the Bogside war ... wonder will Joe have a special on it todaY?

Were there many chislers killed in it??

Joe making a bit of a jump comparing Hong Kong to tiananmen square

BINGO!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

cant understand a word.

• Advertisement

Plug for da buke... coming up in a subtle fashion. Well, subtle for Joe anyway. Like an engine crane dropping a Land Rover block into a greenhouse.

a not so supple plug for his bookeen , again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Orwellmerchant

Can anyone at all understand this woman?

Hong Kong, Tiananmen square, The Troubles all in one sentence!!!
    I love the lahvline!!

any chance we can get anybody on from a working class area of Belfast

• Advertisement

Where did he keep the rosary beads caller?

2smiggy wrote: »
    Joe making a bit of a jump comparing Hong Kong to tiananmen square

I think he's trying to skew the Bogside alongside Hong Kong.

Missing de show...on my way up to Nordridan Oireland this minute. Will check de thread later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Ffs , could they not have tested her connection before putting her on ?

Cat does a very convincing nordridden accent, i.e. incomprehensible gurgling.

Is it the middle of the night in Hong Kong?

i wish radio had subtitles

She needs a Tipp accent to be intelligible.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is it the middle of the night in Hong Kong?

nearly 9 pm I believe

2smiggy wrote: »
    nearly 9 pm I believe

The Irish pub should be well open by now

• Advertisement

Joe didn't have enough people supporting his point of view last week, so he is now rehashing the conversation with cherry picked callers to air opinions similar to his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

No it’s not a divided society at all joe !! , what a moronic question , they’d savage each other given half a chance .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Joe didn't have enough people supporting his point of view last week, so he is now rehashing the conversation with cherry picked callers to air opinions similar to his own.
    Marketing, Jeremy. Those books won't shift themselves.

And as I type, he mentions the new buke.

F8298876-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

More dead children please

BINGO book plug

Marketing, Jeremy. Those books won't shift themselves. And as I type, he mentions the new buke.

ffs, it's outrageous. Everybody else has to pay for advertising unless you work for RTE. Shameful misuse of resources.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I think he's trying to skew the Bogside alongside Hong Kong.

BINGO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭mountain

Another mention of the buke...

Dee forbes could raise plenty of funds if joe was billed for all the free advertising he gets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement