Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding to and refurbishing existing kitchen

Options
  • 17-07-2019 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi,

Hoping to get some advice please. Bought a house with a kitchen that's overall fine with good quality materials. The wooden cabinets need a respray and we would like to add an island in a similar style and additional units. I've no idea who to approach or who would do this sort of work along with designing and fitting. Not considering a new kitchen as to replace whats there already to the same standard would be quite expensive and we are on a budget. Based in Galway and any advice much appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I got an extra unit in my kitchen last year, a big one made around my fridge freezer. I just went into a local kitchen shop and they did it no problem. It’s on a different wall to all the other units, so it was a stand-alone job.
    My existing kitchen didn’t need to be resprayed, so we just matched the colour as best we could. If you’re spraying the rest of the kitchen, the shop should be able to advise you. You’ll probably have to get a painter to do the units, but they should all be able to use the same colour

Advertisement