Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hundreds of .h files on mac ????

Options
  • 17-07-2019 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I was seaching for a pdf on my mac and the search returned 338 .h files in March alone. More in February. WTF are these?485534.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

They're C or C++ header files. You must have some programs installed on the machine using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Swift66 wrote: »
    I was seaching for a pdf on my mac and the search returned 338 .h files in March alone. More in February. WTF are these?485534.png

.h files are typically source files (specifically header files) from C or C++ and related languages. Not entirely uncommon to find them on *nix OSes (of which Mac OS is one), though I don't know if they are normally there on Mac without having xcode or gcc or similar installed.

If you know at which paths they reside it might inform better, but the timestamps could stem from an update or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

They are C++ header files. Have you downloaded source code for something? Maybe a Linux kernel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭cantalach

JoyPad wrote: »
    They are C++ header files. Have you downloaded source code for something? Maybe a Linux kernel?

Some of them have an Apple copyright notice so it's not the Linux kernel.

Advertisement