Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overtime - yes or no

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Thanks very much all for advise ans views, I'll have a chat ans see where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭facehugger99

jamesd wrote: »
    Yes I am getting all my travel expenses plus a meal paid for.

That's good and it's also an acknowledgement by the company that you are not working in your normal place of employment - even if you don't have a formal contract.

I would be getting an earlier train home if you are not going to be paid overtime - you can suggest that you will do some work on the commute as a good will gesture but you are under no obligation to do this. If it was me I'd be reading, listening to music etc.

At the end of the day you are the one facilitating your employer by undertaking all this additional travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Update, sat down today and I will be paid over time for any hours including train travel that are over my normal 8hr's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

jamesd wrote: »
    Update, sat down today and I will be paid over time for any hours including train travel that are over my normal 8hr's.

You sound like a fairly key member of your team :)

Advertisement