Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double powerline connection

Options
  • 17-07-2019 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have an existing powerline connection.

We need same for a new room in the house.

If I buy the same product as I currently have, can I simply pair the second part of the product to the original part which is connected to the modem?

Sorry if this question is badly phrased!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is the 'new room' far from a room already served by a Powerline adapter? It's unlikely that you'll need a new adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

coylemj wrote: »
    Is the 'new room' far from a room already served by a Powerline adapter? It's unlikely that you'll need a new adapter.

Hi. We would have Internet in living room. Plan to have powerline from there to upstairs bedroom. Need to then get similar for playroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

ThumbTaxed wrote:
    Hi. We would have Internet in living room. Plan to have powerline from there to upstairs bedroom. Need to then get similar for playroom.

If the playroom is on the same mains ring as the living room, then another powerline adapter will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, have you tested the wi-fi signal in the playroom? I doubt that you need a new powerline adpter in every room. Unless it's an old house with thick walls......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

ThumbTaxed wrote: »

You just need one more adapter for each room you want to connect.
    As long as they are plugged into connected power lines, they all get connected to each other, like patch cables into a hub.

• Advertisement
Advertisement