Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare Daly hires son of Mick Wallace as her assistant in EU office

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

blanch152 wrote:
    To be fair, she has claimed to be different. No issue in people pointing out the blatant hypocrisy she has engaged in.

To be fair all politician's claim to be different even political parties making the same claim. Our present political situation shows that to be a lie.

What exactly do these ‘Independents4Change’ want to change? Clearly not nepotism or tax evasion or misappropriation of employee pension contributions or shielding assets from creditors...

No idea what they want to change but I'm sure they have a means of being communicated with, maybe ask them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

To be fair all politician's claim to be different even political parties making the same claim. Our present political situation shows that to be a lie.

As an independant or small party the imputus should be on them.to be cleaner than clean to build reputation and voter base

Not walk in and say everyone else is corrupt,sure fcuk those mugs voting for me....il have some of that cash

What do ppl see in these jokers.

If it wasn't these jokers it would be two other jokers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

No idea what they want to change but I'm sure they have a means of being communicated with, maybe ask them?

Okay, sorry. You are here defending them, so I assumed you had some knowledge, otherwise I can’t see why you would be going out of your way defending them...

If it wasn't these jokers it would be two other jokers.

That’s the spirit. Set your expectations low and you will never be disappointed.

Okay, sorry. You are here defending them, so I assumed you had some knowledge, otherwise I can’t see why you would be going out of your way defending them...

Really I defended them? Your reading ability is p*ss poor. I said they are no different than the rest of the political class and have in response to another poster suggested they will say anything to get elected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Jobs for the boy, Matt.

Crooked as fook.

That is pretty ****ty, I agree.

That’s the spirit. Set your expectations low and you will never be disappointed.

Irish politicians no matter their politics never fail to disappoint. You must be new to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭christy c

Really I defended them?

Probably more deflection I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

If someone stands up in the Dail every day making claim after claim about TDs, Ministers, Gardai, businessmen, all being corrupt (and in many cases is found to be wrong by Tribunals - her support of Garda Harrison being particularly misguided), well I do think it is more than fair if people point out her less than scrupulous actions.

Really I defended them? Your reading ability is p*ss poor. I said they are no different than the rest of the political class and have in response to another poster suggested they will say anything to get elected

You have multiple posts saying they are no worse than others or what do we expect etc. If that isn’t defending that I don’t know what is. You are clearly trolling or delusional. I have a fair idea which it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is there any way to recall mep’s?

blanch152 wrote:
    If someone stands up in the Dail every day making claim after claim about TDs, Ministers, Gardai, businessmen, all being corrupt (and in many cases is found to be wrong by Tribunals - her support of Garda Harrison being particularly misguided), well I do think it is more than fair if people point out her less than scrupulous actions.

She was right about McCabe though. Can't be right all the time though. 'Scrupulous' odd choice of word, tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

christy c wrote: »
    I've a feeling that if this was FF or FG you'd be copying and pasting soundbites for months to come. However you brush this off as "not being a fan".

Personally I don't care, it's the type of crap you'd expect from these tools.

Depends on the situation Christy. If Francis 'incompetent' Fitzgerald gave her neighbour a job I wouldn't be impressed but it wouldn't knock my socks off you know?
    It's disappointing for sure.

She was right about McCabe though. Can't be right all the time though. 'Scrupulous' odd choice of word, tbh.

Wrong about the Mullingar interview, and Wallace and herself pilloried two Gardai for years unfairly about that.

Irish politicians no matter their politics never fail to disappoint. You must be new to Ireland.

You display the cynicism of a half wit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is there any way to recall mep’s?

Irexit possibly?

• Advertisement

Defending or deflecting...I wonder which this falls under.

blanch152 wrote: »

Her and mick wallace getting elected to europe parliment was a bad day for irish politics and biggest win government will ever get

They may come across poorly,but anything they picked up/raised was bang on 100% and background to it was rock solid,they had a good office behind em

mynamejeff wrote: »

I think that is a lesser Wallace.

blanch152 wrote:
    Wrong about the Mullingar interview, and Wallace and herself pilloried two Gardai for years unfairly about that.

Overall she was right about McCabe and her lending her support to him was probably the only good thing she has done. I'm not discussing McCabe further with you as I read some of the claims you made about him.

You have multiple posts saying they are no worse than others or what do we expect etc. If that isn’t defending that I don’t know what is. You are clearly trolling or delusional. I have a fair idea which it is.

I said they are no different, I didn't say they were no worse so better not to make up stuff. If you think I'm trolling report me. Delusional is not claiming they are no different that rest of the political class, claiming they are not that would be delusional.

Depends on the situation Christy. If Francis 'incompetent' Fitzgerald gave her neighbour a job I wouldn't be impressed but it wouldn't knock my socks off you know?
    It's disappointing for sure.

Any reason Mick or Clare doesn't get a nice "incompetent" in between their first and last name?

• Advertisement

Any reason Mick or Clare doesn't get a nice "incompetent" in between their first and last name?

Because they not :D

I never knew Daly and Wallace were an item. When did that happen?

You display the cynicism of a half wit.

Deal with my comment and lay off the personal insult. Play the ball not the man. Would serve you better .

_blaaz wrote: »
    Because they not :D

Because they're not on the correct team more like

Because Francis' legacy is getting away with absolute incompetence and a nice MEP job afterwards.

:):)

F*** teams Christy, I'd vote Bertie back in if I believed he'd do a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

_blaaz wrote: »
    Her and mick wallace getting elected to europe parliment was a bad day for irish politics and biggest win government will ever get

They may come across poorly,but anything they picked up/raised was bang on 100% and background to it was rock solid,they had a good office behind em

Say what now ? ?????

Sure they were completely wrong about Keith Harrison he was a total nutter ,

while some of the mccabe claims were correct the majority were found be be exaggerated or made on the basis of misunderstood information.

she alleged her arrest for drink driving was political policing even though she admitted drinking and making a illegal u turn , the leaking of it is still a mystery but she is the only one who benefited

she is the iconic populist and this move shows she is as greedy and grubby as every other scummy politician out there

Matt would have a bit of a hard on for all things FG. He even posts under an alias associated with the current Taoiseach (or at least his partner).

Deal with my comment and lay off the personal insult. Play the ball not the man. Would serve you better .

Says the lad going on about piss poor reading ability.

I never knew Daly and Wallace were an item. When did that happen?

Since the first day they sat in the Dail together, holding hands and gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes.

Matt would have a bit of a hard on for all things FG. He even posts under an alias associated with the current Taoiseach (or at least his partner).

Especially when I gave them a number 1 under Enda, yeah.
    They're ****e at government nogs. It would be remise not to comment y'know?
    However, this is about Daly hiring someone she knew not record breaking child homeless numbers, or Francis being ****e at her old job come on now.

Says the lad going on about piss poor reading ability.

It's very easy not to misquote someone as the words are on the screen for reference.

Especially when I gave them a number 1 under Enda, yeah.
    They're ****e at government nogs. It would be remise not to comment y'know?
    However, this is about Daly hiring someone she knew not record breaking child homeless numbers, come on now.

There is no homeless crisis. Strategic declarations of homelessness don’t mean a thing, just that the parents are gaming the system.

There is no homeless crisis. Strategic declarations of homelessness don’t mean a thing, just that the parents are gaming the system.

Did a unicorn with two pints tell you that :)

I suppose if I'm in doors during a storm I can claim it's not raining.

Believe what you want. When someone like Mags can turn on the water works and get a free foreva home for her little angles then they all crawl out of the woodwork to do the same.

It's very easy not to misquote someone as the words are on the screen for reference.

Jog on if you going to act the prick, mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you suspect multiple accounts, report. Do not comment on thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Matt, I very much doubt any politician will ever live up to your perfectionist standards. I’d suggest you run for office yourself. March out from behind the keyboard and put yourself to the people.

Moving from hurling on the ditch to county hurling.

Obviously im taking the piss,chill mate

Believe what you want. When someone like Mags can turn on the water works and get a free foreva home for her little angles then they all crawl out of the woodwork to do the same.

We've a celebrity restaurant owner defaulted on his mortgage and refusing to move out. That effects our rates. Should we ban home buyers?

dudara wrote: »
    If you suspect multiple accounts, report. Do not comment on thread.

dudara

I meant he posts using the name of Varadkars partner, not that he has multiple accounts.

F*** teams Christy, I'd vote Bertie back in if I believed he'd do a good job.

I don't think so Matt, I've seen you post numerous times about FG looking after their own, I've a feeling these two won't get the same treatment. Maybe you'll prove me wrong.

Matt, I very much doubt any politician will ever live up to your perfectionist standards. I’d suggest you run for office yourself. March out from behind the keyboard and put yourself to the people.

Moving from hurling on the ditch to county hurling.

Arra go wan, you got me chief :rolleyes:

If you're happy to vote for crap that's for you to live it. Now go on and complain about how you're in the squeezed middle and it's everyone else's fault, bar FF/FG.

We've a celebrity restaurant owner defaulted on his mortgage and refusing to move out. That effects our rates. Should we ban home buyers?

He is gaming the system also, just better at it than most, you won’t find me defending that couple.

Strategic defaulters are as bad as strategic ‘homeless’.

I meant he posts using the name of Varadkars partner, not that he has multiple accounts.

What if I've multiple partners :eek:

Is Noggs a celtic name, or y'know, just a bit of fun?

• Advertisement

He is gaming the system also, just better at it than most, you won’t find me defending that couple.

Strategic defaulters are as bad as strategic ‘homeless’.

So the answer would be no?

We dismiss the homeless crisis because of any chancers, but doing the same in other areas, like a fraudulent politician, give up on democracy?

Advertisement