Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best motion detection camera

• 18-07-2019 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What is consider the best motion detection camera that alert you and allow you to view a live feed of that camera when motion is detected while also recording. I know there plenty on amazon but its hard to judge. I would have a budget of 45 euro.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Do you want to use them indoors or outdoors?

Indoors and if you don't have pets, then any will work fine. Yi cameras being a nice very cheap option.

Outdoors it is a more complicated answer. The issue is that many cameras are too sensitive. They can send you too many notifications of movement, like wind blowing leaves in a tree or changing sunshine and shadows.

Outside I find you want features like people detection and zones to help reduce notifications. But cameras with those features tend to cost quiet a bit more then €45 and often require a subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

bk wrote: »
    Do you want to use them indoors or outdoors?

Indoors and if you don't have pets, then any will work fine. Yi cameras being a nice very cheap option.

Outdoors it is a more complicated answer. The issue is that many cameras are too sensitive. They can send you too many notifications of movement, like wind blowing leaves in a tree or changing sunshine and shadows.

Outside I find you want features like people detection and zones to help reduce notifications. But cameras with those features tend to cost quiet a bit more then €45 and often require a subscription.

Indoors and yes I have been looking at the Yi but some reviews put me off but if they are good I think I will go ahead with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I think the Yi cameras are great. They have activity zone you can set so that if you position the camera correctly you won't get many false alerts.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yep, I use the Yi cameras indoors. You do need to fiddle with the sensitivity, use zones and be somewhat careful about the placement and I still get the odd false notification, but overall fine for indoor use and great value for money.

Advertisement