Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyrical Leanings 1 - The Reveal

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necro wrote: »
    How the hell did not many of ye get bandana boy's entry :(

I feel like an ancient old timer as it was one of the first (outside the obvious ones) I recognised!!

We’re not all clever like you. I still don’t know it. Is it Stacey’s Mom?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    We’re not all clever like you. I still don’t know it. Is it Stacey’s Mom?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Necro wrote: »
    'You got to know when to hold 'em,
    Know when to fold 'em'

;)

on hindsight maybe picking that line would have been a more successful strategy !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

This game has given me a similiar idea for guess the movie from a quote, wonder would it work? Maybe its been done already.

on hindsight maybe picking that line would have been a more successful strategy !

I'd have got it either way if it helps :D

I've been known to break out that song in my inebriated state when I see some Karaoke :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Kolido wrote: »
    This game has given me a similiar idea for guess the movie from a quote, wonder would it work? Maybe its been done already.

defo. do it!

Kolido's Krazy Kuotes (running title)

Player Line Likes Liked Song
    Stu Redman And the bells were ringing out on Christmas Day 29 0 Pogues -fairy tale in New York
    sKeith Mama, just killed a man 29 12 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Electric Nitwit Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? 29 17 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Green&Red Mama just killed a man, put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now hes dead 29 24 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Ectoplasm Scaramouche scaramouche will you do the fandango? 29 25 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Deja Boo When I find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom 28 12 Beatles -Let it Be
    kitten_k Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? 28 20 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Collie D There is a house in New Orleans 28 23 The Animals -house of the rising son
    munster87 Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you 27 0 Oasis -Wonderwall
    Barney92 Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world 26 19 Journey -don’t Stop Believin
    bubblypop Sinne Fianna Fail 25 19 peadar Kearney -Amhrna bhFiann
    miamee Slip inside the eye of your mind, and you know you might find A better place to play 25 19 Oasis -Don’t look back in Anger
    bottlebrush They've got cars big as bars, they've got rivers of gold, but the wind goes right through you, it's no place for the old. 24 20 Pogues -fairy tale in New York
    Kolido It's like you're always stuck in 2nd gear 23 14 Theme song from Friends
    partyjungle ataoi gheall ag rinn 23 18 peadar Kearney -Amhrna bhFiann
    quickbeam I thought love was only true in fairytales. 23 18 Monkeys -I am a believer
    Baggly You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere, imagination, life is your creation 23 20 Aqua -Barbie Girl
    Clarabel So no one told you life was gonna be this way 22 13 Theme song from Friends
    Ted_YNWA So no one told you life was gonna be this way 22 21 Theme song from Friends
    Mollyb60 I want to shower you with sugarlumps, and ride you over fences 19 18 Father Dougal and Ted -My lovely horse
    osh Friday night they'll be dressed to kill, down at Dino's Bar 'n' Grill 18 21 thin Lizzy -Boys are back in town
    Taxedalot There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold 17 26 Led Zepplin -Stairway to Heaven
    Strawberry Milkshake How your man stayed up on the surfboard after 14 pints of stout 16 22 Christy Moore -????
    JeanL On a cold and gray Chicago mornin', A poor little baby child is born. 14 20 Elvis presley -in the Ghetto
    Persepoly And there's a storm that's raging through my frozen heart tonight 14 20
    Mam of 4 In restless dreams I walked alone, narrow streets of cobblestone. 13 21 Paul Simon -Sound of Silence
    tayto lover When first I saw the love light in your eye 11 15
    Pretzill I'm a shooting star, leaping through the sky 11 21 Queen Don’t Stop me now
    Bandana boy He said, "Son, I've made a life out of readin' people's faces" 6 23 kenny rogers -The Gambler
    gammygils And your brother's gonna kill me And he's six feet ten 5 16

Missing a couple still

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I can't, i can't, i can't stand losing

Player Line Likes Liked Song
    Stu Redman And the bells were ringing out on Christmas Day 29 0 Pogues -fairy tale in New York
    sKeith Mama, just killed a man 29 12 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Electric Nitwit Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? 29 17 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Green&Red Mama just killed a man, put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now hes dead 29 24 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Ectoplasm Scaramouche scaramouche will you do the fandango? 29 25 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Deja Boo When I find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom 28 12 Beatles -Let it Be
    kitten_k Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? 28 20 Queen Bohemian rhapsody
    Collie D There is a house in New Orleans 28 23 The Animals -house of the rising son
    munster87 Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you 27 0 Oasis -Wonderwall
    Barney92 Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world 26 19 Journey -don’t Stop Believin
    bubblypop Sinne Fianna Fail 25 19 peadar Kearney -Amhrna bhFiann
    miamee Slip inside the eye of your mind, and you know you might find A better place to play 25 19 Oasis -Don’t look back in Anger
    bottlebrush They've got cars big as bars, they've got rivers of gold, but the wind goes right through you, it's no place for the old. 24 20 Pogues -fairy tale in New York
    Kolido It's like you're always stuck in 2nd gear 23 14 Theme song from Friends
    partyjungle ataoi gheall ag rinn 23 18 peadar Kearney -Amhrna bhFiann
    quickbeam I thought love was only true in fairytales. 23 18 Monkeys -I am a believer
    Baggly You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere, imagination, life is your creation 23 20 Aqua -Barbie Girl
    Clarabel So no one told you life was gonna be this way 22 13 Theme song from Friends
    Ted_YNWA So no one told you life was gonna be this way 22 21 Theme song from Friends
    Mollyb60 I want to shower you with sugarlumps, and ride you over fences 19 18 Father Dougal and Ted -My lovely horse
    osh Friday night they'll be dressed to kill, down at Dino's Bar 'n' Grill 18 21 thin Lizzy -Boys are back in town
    Taxedalot There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold 17 26 Led Zepplin -Stairway to Heaven
    Strawberry Milkshake How your man stayed up on the surfboard after 14 pints of stout 16 22 Christy Moore -????
    JeanL On a cold and gray Chicago mornin', A poor little baby child is born. 14 20 Elvis presley -in the Ghetto
    Persepoly And there's a storm that's raging through my frozen heart tonight 14 20
    Mam of 4 In restless dreams I walked alone, narrow streets of cobblestone. 13 21 Paul Simon -Sound of Silence
    tayto lover When first I saw the love light in your eye 11 15 Fureys - when you were sweet sixteen
    Pretzill I'm a shooting star, leaping through the sky 11 21 Queen Don’t Stop me now
    Bandana boy He said, "Son, I've made a life out of readin' people's faces" 6 23 kenny rogers -The Gambler
    gammygils And your brother's gonna kill me And he's six feet ten 5 16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Strawbs is delirium tremins

Taytos is Sweet Sixteen - Finbarr Furey

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Persepoly's is Missing You (John Waite) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLttBazsyK8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Aww I thought it was obvious. :o

It was my favourite entry!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

People might get stairway if you include half a verse ;)

Should probably have included "and she's buying a ......"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Would love a movies one, Kolido.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

tusk wrote: »
    munster87 & Stu Redman

Trophy-pedestal-marble-base-trophy-base.jpg

You guys were probably too busy to play with us so didn't get around to liking ANY of the songs...

Congrats!

Ha completely forgot about this until now!

hey tusk
    you planing on running another game ?

really enjoyed this

hey tusk
    you planing on running another game ?

really enjoyed this

Glad you enjoyed it BB!

Honestly, I would love to, but it takes a good bit of time, so probably wouldn't even think of it for another few weeks.

You go ahead if you've got something in mind! I'd like to be on the other side for then next one :D

tusk wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed it BB!

Honestly, I would love to, but it takes a good bit of time, so probably wouldn't even think of it for another few weeks.

You go ahead if you've got something in mind! I'd like to be on the other side for then next one :D

Will defo run one in the future but have too much on right now .

Strawbs mentioned she was interested in running one.

• Advertisement

National athem didnt fair too well

Barbie girl ah baggly you have no shame :p

Advertisement