Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are layers still "in"?

Options
  • 18-07-2019 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question regarding hair cutting and styling...are layers still popular among women when getting their hair cut? I have had layers in my hair for about 10 years now and just wondering are they now considered old fashioned to have in your hair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I love a few layers at the front to frame the face. Nothing too drastic though. I’d stop short of having layers all over as I think it can thin out the hair too much.
    I’d never consider them old fashioned I think they’re one of those things that will always be in

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

There's definitely a trend towards longer layers, as opposed to something more "choppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Yeah I don't have layers other than at the front but am thinking of getting some long layers cut in all around.

The kinda chunky, choppy layers are probably a bit 00's, but I don't think long layers will ever be out of fashion.

I'm thinking of getting them in again purely so I can style my hair a bit more. They're kind of essential to getting curls etc to hold and look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I have some. Without them I look like springer spaniel. I have a lot of hair and zero interest in any other styling than drying my hair. Layers make it look presentable.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

I think they are, my hairdresser has always recommended them to me so that's what I go for. Layers and a fringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I have very thick hair so I need layers.

Advertisement