Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

650 Gaming Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Xy6ng4H.png

Crashed again different error message

SvLE7dG.png

Should i bump it up?

Happened again after upping the voltage ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Try 1.35v

I did and it crashed again.

• Advertisement

Yup, but it should work at those speeds also.

Thanks for your help any other ideas?

Irishder wrote: »
    Thanks for your help any other ideas?

Try load a RAM XMP (or whatever AM4 variant is called) profile or enter the speed and timings manually.

Just looking at the last BSOD it looks different, ill let it run for a while and see it it happens again

XQ5SFib.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

With all the different codes your getting I would say this is a windows issue or a faulty drive/driver (for a faulty drive their are a number of pieces of software to test if its working as expected).
    You could open cmd as administrator and run the command SFC /SCANNOW to see if their are any corrupt windows files.

If you know how you could try boot a live disc of linux and run this for a bit on the system and if it runs fine then you can look at Windows not playing nice with one of your components.
    I had a similar issue with a system with lots of random bsods and it crashed all the time under Windows 10 but was fine under linux and windows 8.

Did you manually run a windows update. Last I checked if you run a windows update manually Microsoft puts you on the beta updates program which can cause instability for custom systems like ours.

• Advertisement

Just ran SFC/Scannow and got the following, would i be better off just reinstalling windows?

cGvHtP0.png

Just ran SFC/Scannow and got the following, would i be better off just reinstalling windows?

cGvHtP0.png

At this stage, I would.. hopefully that will sort your issues.

And would that be just reset this pc from the start menu?

And would that be just reset this pc from the start menu?

I'd go the clean install via a USB stick route myself. But up to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Just saw my GPU driver was out of date, would that cause it?

Yes update to the latest stable release.

Before you reinstall windows I would run a scan on your harddrive and ensure that it is healthy.
    This saves reinstalling and noticing you get a corrupt OS again if the drive is faulty.

You could also attempt to run the same command again in safemode, sometimes this helps.

You can also try this:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Also if you want to send me the cbs.log I can review it for you and see if I can find out what the issue is.

deceit wrote: »
    You could also attempt to run the same command again in safemode, sometimes this helps.

You can also try this:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Also if you want to send me the cbs.log I can review it for you and see if I can find out what the issue is.

I ran that command prompt last night and ran for an hour afterwards without a crash. ill send you the cbs.log later tonight if it does crash.

Thanks for the help

I ran that command prompt last night and ran for an hour afterwards without a crash. ill send you the cbs.log later tonight if it does crash.

Thanks for the help
    Can you run this one now again after that one:
    SFC/Scannow

deceit wrote: »
    Can you run this one now again after that one:
    SFC/Scannow

Ill pop home for lunch and do it then.

• Advertisement

Ran it there, getting the same message as before

Just a update on this. Thanks to deciet i stepped through a number of possible issues.
    - I reloaded the OS and the BSOD occurred again.
    - I removed one stick of RAM and so far so good.

Just on to amazon and they are sending out a replacement. Is this a common occurrence? In fairness to amazon they are great to deal with.

Thanks again all for your help,,hopefully this solves the issue once and for all.

Just a update on this. Thanks to deceit i stepped through a number of possible issues.
    - I reloaded the OS and the BSOD occurred again.
    - I removed one stick of RAM and so far so good.

Just on to amazon and they are sending out a replacement. Is this a common occurrence? In fairness to amazon they are great to deal with.

Thanks again all for your help,,hopefully this solves the issue once and for all.
    I've never had a stick from G.skill ram fail but it does happen for others from time to time. Its not that common which is why most manufacturers offer lifetime warranties on ram.

With removing one stick of ram fixing it, before you send it off it would be worth checking your timing / voltage.

Now its narrowed down, if you didn't set the xmp profile (docp for AMD) its possible the motherboard is giving the ram values its not happy with.
    I said to remove the ram by pm with the intention to do this after it to rule this out before rma :)

Thanks but you might have to dumb that down for me, what do i need to download?

I have this which can contol the voltage and Speed

SvLE7dG.png

Thanks but you might have to dumb that down for me, what do i need to download?

Is that an app you install in windows?
    If so do you have a link for where to download it, I will install it and I will see what you can set in it.
    Also do you have a link to the exact ram you bought.

Edit:
    I found the app and will see what you can change from it before I tell you what to do in the bios.

I've just done a quick google for a video for setting ram for MSI boards.
    It should be something similar to this but might be slightly different as your board is different:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4sx-GuY3CA

If you are struggling to set it I could have a whatsapp video call where you could show me your screen and I will walk you through it.

What values should i set both voltage and frequency at. I have a good idea how to do it in the bios
    #

• Advertisement

What values should i set both voltage and frequency at. I have a good idea how to do it in the bios
    #
    If you let me know the exact ram you purchased I can get the values for you.

Advertisement