Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are you insured with?

• 18-07-2019 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Just looking at house insurance now which covers renting the property out, I don't really know what to expect since this is way different to owner occupier insurance and one quotation from Axa was almost double an earlier quotation I received from a different company.

Who do you insure with and what are you paying?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

theguzman wrote: »
    Just looking at house insurance now which covers renting the property out, I don't really know what to expect since this is way different to owner occupier insurance and one quotation from Axa was almost double an earlier quotation I received from a different company.

Who do you insure with and what are you paying?

Have you got a broker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Have you got a broker?

No, I just made a few calls today, didn't have enough time but will tackle it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,669 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

<SNIP>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,586 ✭✭✭✭ted1

<SNIP>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

recommendations by PM please folks.

• Advertisement

theguzman wrote: »
    No, I just made a few calls today, didn't have enough time but will tackle it tomorrow.

You should get a good broker. It is ill advised to obtain any insurance without usig a broker.

You should get a good broker. It is ill advised to obtain any insurance without usig a broker.

No it’s not......

ted1 wrote: »
    No it’s not......

You might learn... some day.

It is pretty straight forward to insure a house/car/life online without the need for a broker.

Do you sell insurance?

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Do you sell insurance?

No.

Dav010 wrote: »
    It is pretty straight forward to insure a house/car/life online without the need for a broker.

It might be straightforward to obtain a policy. It may not be straightforward when it comes to a claim by you or against you.The ponit of insurance is protection, not just having a policy.

It might be straightforward to obtain a policy. It may not be straightforward when it comes to a claim by you or against you.The ponit of insurance is protection, not just having a policy.

It’s all there in the t&cs of the quotation/documents, if you read them then you should be able to decide what insurance you need, and from which insurer.

Dav010 wrote: »
    It’s all there in the t&cs of the quotation/documents, if you read them then you should be able to decide what insurance you need, and from which insurer.

That's in the initial quotation which most people are not experienced enough to know what is in reality covered, what the form of the particular company is with regard to claims and also what needs to be disclosed. The other point to remember is that the broker himself will have insurance and gets around he can be sued. You can't sue yourself.
    There is nothing as expensive as a cheap expert.

Advertisement