Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband options in rural Donegal?

• 18-07-2019 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭

Looking for some advice . We are looking to move just outside Glenties. Upon searching for broadband providers through landline I can only get 2mb at most as the line is still copper. Eir have no plans to upgrade to fibre. Pure Telecom, Digiweb etc do not offer coverage . Rural WiFi say I can get satellite system with them, offer speeds of 30mb. Anyone have any experience with Rural WiFi and are satellite systems reasonable ?

I'm going to check this weekend if I'll get Three mobile broadband coverage at the property. There coverage map suggests not but when I spoke to them they said the property is central between a few of their masts so I'm hopeful.

Any suggestions to alternative providers ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not sure if they have extended as far down as Glenties yet, but maybe give Beacon Broadband a call?

They are a Derry based firm, I have their service in North Inishowen.

https://www.beaconbroadband.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

NIMAN wrote: »
    Not sure if they have extended as far down as Glenties yet, but maybe give Beacon Broadband a call?

They are a Derry based firm, I have their service in North Inishowen.

https://www.beaconbroadband.co.uk/

I called Beacon and they do not offer coverage sadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

I called Beacon and they do not offer coverage sadly :(

Try blue box broadband. I know they have a mast in and around Frosses that might work. Theyve a mast in Gweedore too so maybe have one round Glenties.

Customer service is awful mind you

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I don't know if it might be worth trying Bonkers to see what they suggest is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

digiweb satellite told me they can get cover anywhere in Ireland? was with them in Cork, Kerry, Connemara, both deep rural places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Graces7 wrote: »
    digiweb satellite told me they can get cover anywhere in Ireland? was with them in Cork, Kerry, Connemara, both deep rural places

A satellite service will obviously be able to provide a service anywhere. We can all see the sky.

It was never on my list of possibilities, think I checked it many years back and it's quite expensive.

But I suppose if you have no other choice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Looking for some advice . We are looking to move just outside Glenties. Upon searching for broadband providers through landline I can only get 2mb at most as the line is still copper. Eir have no plans to upgrade to fibre. Pure Telecom, Digiweb etc do not offer coverage . Rural WiFi say I can get satellite system with them, offer speeds of 30mb. Anyone have any experience with Rural WiFi and are satellite systems reasonable ?

I'm going to check this weekend if I'll get Three mobile broadband coverage at the property. There coverage map suggests not but when I spoke to them they said the property is central between a few of their masts so I'm hopeful.

Any suggestions to alternative providers ?

Thanks in advance

The phrase central between a few of their masts isn't promising.

It entirely depends on what you need it for but if you require a steady stream its prob not an option unless you manually select a network as it will stay on that.

You will bounce from one mast to the other constantly, it's what happened me anyway.

Advertisement