Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Credit Card

• 18-07-2019 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here gotten a An Post Credit Card and used the 0% balance transfer promotion?

I've a query regarding the finer details of the offer which aren't covered in the T&Cs that I can find online and the answer from support wasn't what I was expected.

Essentially what I want to know is if I transfer a balance of 1000 onto the card and then makes purchases of say 100 during my first month. Will I be charged any interest if I clear off the 100 as soon as my first bill is issued.

Customer support indicated I would be charged interested on the 100 from time of purchase until is it clear until such time the 1000 is cleared, which I wouldn't be planning to do until closer to the end of when the 0% interest rate is up.

Thanks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Comments

Customer support indicated I would be charged interested on the 100 from time of purchase until is it clear until such time the 1000 is cleared,

That would be my understanding.

That credit card should be set aside for the duration of the free period or until you pay off the initial amount transferred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

thanks for the quick reply, but that's not how it works with my KBC card. i.e I transferred 1K onto that on a 6 months interest free offer, and as long as i pay off my purchases in full each month I don't get charged any interest on either my purchases or the transfer.

Do you have an An Post card?

thanks for the quick reply, but that's not how it works with my KBC card. i.e I transferred 1K onto that on a 6 months interest free offer, and as long as i pay off my purchases in full each month I don't get charged any interest on either my purchases or the transfer.

Do you have an An Post card?

An Post is a partner of Avant Card. I'm currently using Avant card for the same purpose.

I got charged a small amount of interest on the €30 annual levy even though I'm paying significantly more each month on the loan than the minimum and well in advance of the last date required, and it'll be fully paid before the interest free period is up.

However I was only charged interest 31c only one month and it didn't happen in subsequent months.

But, An Post's version may be different, so T&C's may differ. Mine with Avant Card directly was only for 9 months.

Thanks I'll play about with it with small transactions. Was kind of hoping to use it normally but guess I won't be if I'll be hit with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

So in the process of applying for this and wondering, is there a cut off on when I can transfer balance over?
    I would like use a little bit more credit on my existing card before I transfer over

I gather if I transfer over now and then use my new An Post Card I'll have to pay interest on the transfer

Can anyone clarify

• Advertisement

I was told unlimited transfers for 3 months, when I queried unlimited I was told up to 3 would be OK but after that they may be reviewed. I was also told I could transfer from the same card multiple times, I'm going to try my second transfer from the same card soon.

Also from my initial query, I'm looking to game the 0% transfer and the lidl 5% cashback without paying any interest. I got my first bill this week and even though I bought stuff from Lidl I wasn't charged any interest, which I was expecting, but I paid off the lidl purchases the day after the hit the card, perhaps that has something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

great to keep me updated as to how you get on, thank again

Advertisement