Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botox. Again.

Options
  • 18-07-2019 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I have read older threads but am looking for feedback on 3 clinics in particular. Paul in Amara, Catriona Ryan and Éilís Fitzgerald.
    Have consultations with All, so just looking any feedback you guys might have.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I don't know any of the above, but IMO botox is not going to be that different once you get it from a reputable clinic. I'd be looking for someone with a medical background so they understand the anatomy of the face. Think Nurse Practioners, Dentists and Doctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

When I hear botox, I vision those stupid puffy duck lips and alien eyes. Ugh! It does have it's uses and can work when used in moderation.

Is there an alternative to botox you considered OP?

When I hear botox, I vision those stupid puffy duck lips and alien eyes. Ugh! It does have it's uses and can work when used in moderation.

Is there an alternative to botox you considered OP?

Do you even know what botox is? It doesnt go in lips (unless you want to achieve change in the size of your lips, but purely to lose the power of speech)

I guarantee you loads of women who you see every day and who look perfectly normal get botox. When done well, the difference should be extremely subtle, just reduction of wrinkles and slightly fresher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

SozBbz wrote: »
    Do you even know what botox is? It doesnt go in lips (unless you want to achieve change in the size of your lips, but purely to lose the power of speech)

I guarantee you loads of women who you see every day and who look perfectly normal get botox. When done well, the difference should be extremely subtle, just reduction of wrinkles and slightly fresher.

Of course botox is used in lips. Hence my stance on the idiotic fad. As I said, It does have it's uses and can work when used in moderation. Otherwise, it's a hideous look and no idea what the appeal is.

Of course botox is used in lips. Hence my stance on the idiotic fad. As I said, It does have it's uses and can work when used in moderation. Otherwise, it's a hideous look and no idea what the appeal is.

No, its not. Botox is not a filler. Its a relaxant, it doesnt give volume whatsoever. It basically paralyses muscles so if you got it in your lips, you wouldn't be able to move them. Lips fillers are dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane, totally different products.

Perhaps refrain from commenting on topics you seem to know less than nothing about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

@SozBbz is correct, the puffy lipped look you refer to is down to fillers. Botox is used to relax muscles, e.g the forehead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Not sure how this relates to the OP's query, please keep on topic.

/mod

Advertisement