Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammer

Options
  • 18-07-2019 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I was scammed yesterday by one of the users <REMOVED>. It was done through an ad I put on done deal and he text me privately but he stupidly told me of his account here. He has done me out of €280. I have reported to gardai and made a statement. I understand data protection but I hope his details can be made available to the gardai if requested.
    Kind regards,
    Br

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hi Brid, I've removed the name for data protection reasons. The office will be able to see the original post before I edited it.

I'll let them know this thread is here.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Bríd, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. We always comply with any requests for user data from An Garda Síochána when they are investigating a crime and we will be happy to do so if they come to us with regard to this case.

Best of luck with this,
    Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brid2019

Hi Bríd, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. We always comply with any requests for user data from An Garda Síochána when they are investigating a crime and we will be happy to do so if they come to us with regard to this case.

Best of luck with this,
    Niamh.

Many thanks Niamh. It’s a crappy thing! I just hope they catch him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement