Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 18-07-2019 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I'm putting this in the correct forum but basically I took a few years off the road to go back to college. Did my degree and now I need to get a car back on the road for work.

I've got a 1.6 diesel Mazda 3. 2007.

Quotes I'm getting back are crazy, over 2k. More than I was paying at 19 (now 29).

Has anyone any expierence in a similar situation? Any brokers/places that would be worth checking out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Were you a named driver on any other policy in that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Were you a named driver on any other policy in that time?

No completely off the road. So starting again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Think you'll just have to suck it up. Try every insurance company you can. Can you add someone else to your policy? Third party instead of fully comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Wheety wrote: »
    Think you'll just have to suck it up. Try every insurance company you can. Can you add someone else to your policy? Third party instead of fully comp?

Yeah my dad can be added. Still can't get it below 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

Try Britton in donegal, supposed to be fair to re-entrants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement