Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer problems

Options
  • 18-07-2019 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have recently bought a new laptop, a HP250G6 notebook.

However I cannot get it to connect to my printer, a HP Deskjet 3050A.

When I plug it in it just searches for the printer until it times out.

Any ideas guys ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

Is the printer on the same network as the laptop?

Is the printer network turned on?

Open the printer and print out the IP address it is using.

Connect to the printer by using that IP address

Should connect immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Jet1 wrote: »
    ...When I plug it in ...
    Printer, according specs, does not have Ethernet connection, so its USB
    Win 10 should pick up driver automatically once printer connected - check USB cable for fault.

Other than that manually install drivers from official HP site

Control panel>Devices and printers>Add printer>Printer wasn't listed>Local printer>...>....> Have disk(navigate to your downloaded driver)

Some like here

Personal opinion: wireless printer are cancer, so better use USB

Been a while since I had dealings with HP printers .... 10 years + but I installed a few of them lets say and most of the problems I got calls about would be because people had connected the printer before they put the install disk in and ran it.

I'm not sure what things are like these days in terms of their software but I'd download what ever they have on the site for the printer run it without the printer connected and see if it prompts you to connect it during the install.

Advertisement