Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs/my honest opinion ban

• 18-07-2019 7:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I have to appeal a ban I was just given in the above forum.
    I reported four different accounts all speaking from the same scirpt and then accusing me of advocating ethnic cleansing (yes they actually did)
    The moderator didn’t see my reports then I get banned for asking one of the accounts to clarify their earlier false accusation.
    I then surmised in the forum called IN MY OPINION that the accounts in question were sock puppets or trolls and clearly they are because the constant lies and misinformation was allowed run rampant with no moderation. But that’s back seat moderation? It’s an opinion forum. That’s my opinion.
    Seems that if anyone challenges the accounts in question you get banned. . And like me get banned.
    I appreciate this is all volunteers but you have sock puppet accounts running wild and unchecked and allowed stir up hate, but genuine accounts gettin reprimanded for even challenging them is ridiculous.

Have the names ready to go and screenshots

Would appreciate a review of this
    Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the person who banned you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the person who banned you?

Messaged the mod involved and said if they didn’t mind I would like to escalate this.
    No response.

But the mod in question managed to ban me after I messaged. Somehow.
    Two different t issues. I think.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The ban was imposed 30 minutes before you started this thread

You've been here before and know the procedure, now follow it as this thread is going no further until you do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Beasty wrote: »
    The ban was imposed 30 minutes before you started this thread

You've been here before and know the procedure, now follow it as this thread is going no further until you do

I’m actually lost.
    There’s a procedure?

You know there is as you were told to follow it last time you were here. This thread is closing until you confirm you have made a genuine attempt to resolve this via PM with the person who banned you (who co-incidently told you in your last dispute thread how to follow the process set out at the head of the forum

Please PM me if you are unable to reach agreement and I will re-open this thread

• Advertisement

I have been advised that you have not even contacted the mod about this particular ban. Just to re-iterate, you appeal here goes no further if you do not make a genuine attempt to resolve this with the person who banned you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement