Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilteragh

• 18-07-2019 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking at renting a place in Kilteragh and I really have no idea of what the area is like.

Anyone with any knowledge of the area? It looks nice enough and seems safe to me but any insight would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Big endless sprawl, fine otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

Huge estate with large number of rented houses. Has loads of kids / teenagers around so if its somewhere quiet you're looking for this wouldnt Be it. On the plus side its walking distance to the shopping centre, pub, doctor etc and a good bus route. 20 min walk to city centre..oh and it would be considered a relatively "good" area of.limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Big endless sprawl, fine otherwise
    Huge estate with large number of rented houses. Has loads of kids / teenagers around so if its somewhere quiet you're looking for this wouldnt Be it. On the plus side its walking distance to the shopping centre, pub, doctor etc and a good bus route. 20 min walk to city centre..oh and it would be considered a relatively "good" area of.limerick

That's really helpful, thanks so much :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Depends where you need to be for work/study?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

bigpink wrote: »
    Depends where you need to be for work/study?

Oh sorry, I should've said - I work from home so I don't have a commute and can come and go whenever I want so that's not too much of a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

One of my relations lived there for years. No issues.Rents have gone sky high recently

Active residents group https://www.facebook.com/ACGKilteraghResidents/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The buuld quality of the houses is of a very high standard with proper levels of insulation. You won’t be disturbed by noise from your next door neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

In peak traffic it's a difficult estate to get out of. Especially if you're turning right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

High proportion of foreigners, but we are talking decent types.

Advertisement