Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i9-9900K - Good value now?

Options
  • 18-07-2019 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

The price seems to have taken a tumble this week:

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Intel-Core-i9-9900K-Retail-Graphics/product/B005404P9I

It compares more favourably with i7-9800K now.

I'm starting a new build but I'm in no rush to get all the bits together. Even if it slips to the new year, that's OK.

Do you think it's good value now at 405 pounds? Or is it worth waiting for Intel's 10th gen announcements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Those Intel "leaks" are bollox, don't believe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Do you think it's good value now at 405 pounds? Or is it worth waiting for Intel's 10th gen announcements?

Sure, it was around 475 pounds before so that is a big drop. I think it can only be good value when i9-9900k is noticeably less than a 3900x. Same with i7-9700k, that needs to drop down to around 300 pounds to compete with 3700x (or 3800x).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The price seems to have taken a tumble this week:

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Intel-Core-i9-9900K-Retail-Graphics/product/B005404P9I

It compares more favourably with i7-9800K now.

I'm starting a new build but I'm in no rush to get all the bits together. Even if it slips to the new year, that's OK.

Back to OP's point:

It's decent-ish compared to 3900x, but I'd rather suggest a Ryzen 3700X and put the extra €150 into the GPU for gaming.

Advertisement