Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti

Options
  • 19-07-2019 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

Travelled on the DART for the first time in many, many years as I haven't lived in Dublin for a while.

Pulling into Connolly Station I couldn't believe the amount of graffiti everywhere.

It's sickening.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

It's a general lack of respect in society. It's not even impressive artistically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

And far more noticeable on the DART carriages themselves than before.

Got a DART earlier it had graffiti on one carriage, got a DART last night it had graffiti on 2 carriages, I remember seeing graffiti on at least one other occasion this week. Plus at least 2 DARTs last week. All different graffiti.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Travelled on the DART for the first time in many, many years as I haven't lived in Dublin for a while.

Pulling into Connolly Station I couldn't believe the amount of graffiti everywhere.

It's sickening.

It's commonplace near train stations all over the place, I've seen it in so many countries

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is the big 'Lar loves Robbie' still there on the left as you come in from the northside?
    That used to make me smile in the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Caranica wrote: »
    It's commonplace near train stations all over the place, I've seen it in so many countries

If you are sickened by graffiti near train stations do not travel by train in any other country, it is way worse.

The walls beside train stations are not that interesting anyway so id save your horror for other things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Beersmith wrote: »
    If you are sickened by graffiti near train stations do not travel by train in any other country, it is way worse.

The walls beside train stations are not that interesting anyway so id save your horror for other things

I don’t know. Am just back from Porto, plenty of graffiti there also. Also lots on fencing on the M/ways there. I have also seen graffiti on the old trams in Prague, am sure it’s prevalent everywhere, not sure why peo0le are so upset over it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Graffiti on the DART I got home last night, graffiti
    on the DART I am on. Some sh1tehawk put a black wavy line the entire length of the train.

Only 2 or 3 carriages actually, not all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was driving (well, stuck in a traffic jam) on the road by the Grand Canal at Portobello a few days ago and saw an unbelievable amount of graffiti on a 1990s red brick office building on the opposite side of the canal.

Not a pleasant sight...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I was driving (well, stuck in a traffic jam) on the road by the Grand Canal at Portobello a few days ago and saw an unbelievable amount of graffiti on a 1990s red brick office building on the opposite side of the canal.

Not a pleasant sight...

The old Portobello College?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Graffiti on the DART I got home last night, graffiti
    on the DART I am on. Some sh1tehawk put a black wavy line the entire length of the train.

Only 2 or 3 carriages actually, not all.

I can tolerate some types of graffiti but tags and the laziness of that really bothers me.

Some muppet down in Cherrywood meant to spray R.I.P. Mel, ended up with R.I.R. Mel and then sprayed a squiggle over the incorrect line on the second R.

• Advertisement
Advertisement