Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS EID reader

• 19-07-2019 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭

Was at a Sheep Ireland event recently, where it was mentioned that EID tag readers can be purchased through TAMS.
    Has anyone purchased an EID reader through TAMS?
    Do you apply yourself or do you need a consultant?
    Did it take long to get the funds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Was at a Sheep Ireland event recently, where it was mentioned that EID tag readers can be purchased through TAMS.
    Has anyone purchased an EID reader through TAMS?
    Do you apply yourself or do you need a consultant?
    Did it take long to get the funds?

I was at a sheep meeting lately and they were saying the EID readers were about 500 euro each minimum. I'd be very reluctant to pay that kind of money for one tbh.

As far as I know, you can apply yourself but there used be a minimum investment of 2 thousand in total before vat before you could apply. I don't know if that's still there.

If all the paperwork is correct and you don't have to be inspected, I imagine the money shouldn't take too long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I was at a sheep meeting lately and they were saying the EID readers were about 500 euro each minimum. I'd be very reluctant to pay that kind of money for one tbh.

As far as I know, you can apply yourself but there used be a minimum investment of 2 thousand in total before vat before you could apply. I don't know if that's still there.

If all the paperwork is correct and you don't have to be inspected, I imagine the money shouldn't take too long?

That limit is only on the application, you dont have to get everything you apply for

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Country lad

I got electronic tags in early July just wondering how long do I have to wait to get the 100 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I got electronic tags in early July just wondering how long do I have to wait to get the 100 euro

I cant remember exactly now, but I think it took 3-4 months for mine to come through, it wasn't quick anyways...

Advertisement