Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby Championship 2019 chat

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Scoreline very flattering to the all blacks at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Scrummed the ****e out of them with 7 men.

That has to be demoralising for the Aussie scrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭davepatr07

Expecting a closer game though conditions aren't helping. Be interesting to see how the Aussie's respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

NZ not a patch on the side they were a few years ago. Scoreline very flattering.
    Find it hard to see NZ winning the World Cup. Would fancy Aus against them in a neutral venue.

• Advertisement

Did Peyper get that wrong? Coleman played it, fair game? Any laws experts here?

Some scrumming here

Awesome from Savea. Is that Legal?

Good reffing from Peyper.

Fair play to jaco there quick reaction to stop play.

• Advertisement

NeonWolf wrote: »
    Awesome from Savea. Is that Legal?

Yea was wanting to know that myself even before the ball goes into scrum, maybe Ireland could deploy that tactic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

davepatr07 wrote: »
    Yea was wanting to know that myself, maybe Ireland could deploy that tactic..

No, then it would be illegal.

davepatr07 wrote: »
    Yea was wanting to know that myself, maybe Ireland could deploy that tactic..

it only works when you are down a man, the flanker would already be there normally.

Did Peyper get that wrong? Coleman played it, fair game? Any laws experts here?

Only law I can see is this:
    If the ball reaches the 10-metre line but is then blown back or if an opponent plays the ball before it reaches the 10-metre line, play continues.

They played it before it reached the line, play continues....they knocked it on, AB's scrum. Could be wrong :D

Unlucky from the Australian player there made a fantastic effort to hold up that ball

The TMO/ref conversations are so cagey. Both parties trying say something without saying anything at all and hoping the other fella makes a decision. They should do it rugby league style where you talk through your decision as you watch it

Facepalm, Wallabies lose another chance, no support.

They don't like it up em this week . Cowards

Judo throw from LSL on mo'unga?

Great try

• Advertisement

Sevu Reece , take a bow.

31-0 NZ

Reece again but disallowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,353 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It didn't take much for the old Ozzie arrogance in the media in the build up. Calling this NZ side 'old and slow'.

Never, ever poke the bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Clegg wrote: »
    It didn't take much for the old Ozzie arrogance in the media in the build up. Calling this NZ side 'old and slow'.

Never, ever poke the bear.

To be fair, the two new wings have revitalized them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

NZ forwards irresistible and NZ defence magnificent.

36-0

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Aus threw in the towel after 20 mins. Say they were happy enough with the win last week. Nothing went for them k the the game.
    Think NZ are extremely flattered by this and this performance is covering a lot of cracks.

AB's find their mojo and the Eden Pk reign continues.

• Advertisement

Think the all blacks have looked better in the second half, Absolutely clinical. The clash with South Africa in the World Cup is gonna be an absolute classic.

Thats why 46 tries is the Allblacks try scoring record.

Hardest spot to keep your jersey.

To be fair its more than the wings. Whole team revitalized.

Kauto wrote: »
    Aus threw in the towel after 20 mins. Say they were happy enough with the win last week. Nothing went for them k the the game.
    Think NZ are extremely flattered by this and this performance is covering a lot of cracks.

Based on the last few games id agree , but I don't know what you saw today to make you make that comment. Murdered their scrum with a man down. Sent them backwards in all the collisions.

36-0 after dropping two world cup winners and Rieko Ioane.

What more do you want them to do?

Thats why 46 tries is the Allblacks try scoring record.

Hardest spot to keep your jersey.

There’s a clear improvement there from last week, plus SBW adds something in midfield. No coincidence that Kerevi stayed so quiet today.
    That was the main difference to last week, and the rest just doing their jobs, Australia made too many handling errors to make any sort of match out of it.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Normal service resumed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Kauto wrote: »

I don't think you realise what the Bledisloe Cup means to Aussies and Kiwis. It really hurts the Wallabies and their fans that they haven't held it for 17 years.

If 36-0 is papering over cracks then I say call decorator and work away.

To be fair its more than the wings. Whole team revitalized.

Read my post again.
    You didn’t get the point I was making.
    Yes the team was revitalised, and it was due to the new wings.
    The rest of the team fed off the new players’ injection of pace and constant threat they posed.
    I’d add SBW nullifying Kerevi into the equation and the fact that Australia played themselves out of the match with error after error.

It was a huge let-down of a match, the sparkling wings, particularly Reece, made it watchable.

Read my post again.
    You didn’t get the point I was making.
    Yes the team was revitalised, and it was due to the new wings.
    The rest of the team fed off the new players’ injection of pace and constant threat they posed.
    I’d add SBW nullifying Kerevi into the equation and the fact that Australia played themselves out of the match with error after error.

It was a huge let-down of a match, the sparkling wings, particularly Reece, made it watchable.

Fair point re your OP.
    Concerning 'a huge let down of a match'. Yes it was in a sense for the neutral as it was so one sided but I thought NZ were superb. OK Australia were a shadow of last week but just as they forced NZ into uncharacteristic errors in Perth by their outstanding play the boot was on the other foot in Auckland. NZ's defence today was actually superior to the Aussie's last week.
    We now need a match between both teams at RWC to settle any arguments.

Harsh call against Arg. I thought the player stood his ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Yea, was fairly borderline, Argie 13 didn't even move. Debatable if the SA player could've made a strong tackle.

Shame, was a cracking score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Thought that at first. Looks like he backs up to give way and not cause accidental offside but end up affecting play.

For those not familiar with the lingo, "all we want is consistency" loosely translates as "the ref got it right, but I really need to find some way that our defeat was a blatant stitch-up."

There is lots of consistency. There is just no willingness on the part of fans, coaches or the media to take it with any sort of grace when it's their player in the wrong.
    The ref is never going to see everything. There are 30 players on the pitch, and each of them is trying to get away with as much as possible for 80 minutes. That's the nature of the game.

I absolutely hate this idea that as soon as a call goes against your team, you have to immediately start combing through the footage of the game to find something the ref missed so you can pretend to be unbiased by saying "I've no problem with X but what about Y?"

This isn't an NZ thing by the way. It's universal. Every time Ireland or a province lose a game we expected to win, the micro-analysis begins and you can be damn sure some salty Irish lad will find "inconsistency".

This is the inconsistency I and others are referring to. Also note referee is in shot with a full view of it from about 3 yards distance.
    It's an absolute joke, and at time of writing he has not been sanctioned for it.

https://gfycat.com/organicexcellentasiaticmouflon

Advertisement