Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby Championship 2019 chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Should that not be a penalty against Barrett for intentional knock on? Argentina had man over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Lucas44 wrote: »
    He wouldn’t be in the abs squad never mind starting, Lowe is a left winger only and is neither near the level of reiko or as good as George bridge.. playing for an under par chiefs squad this year aswell wouldn’t of helped

Lowe has definitely played across the back 3 for the Chiefs. He’s also playing substantially better for Leinster than he was for the Chiefs, and he was very good for them. I look at Reece and see an incredibly talented finisher, whereas Lowe makes as many as he scores.

It’s all a moot point anyway, under different circumstances Lowe could be playing today against Argentina while Reece was starting preseason with Connacht.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Try time Laumape

no arms in a lot of these argentina tackles.knee choppers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The All Blacks trademark. Score right before halftime and straight after the second half kick off and bury their hopes and dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Gardner has been poor, rucks a ****show

AR watches Savea walk around the side of the ruck and pull the Puma player off the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

Both teams looking tired, Scrappy enough game.

Matera an absolute beast of a player

• Advertisement

AR watches Savea walk around the side of the ruck and pull the Puma player off the ball.

Pulled the puma player off the ball, as he's standing in front of the scrum half blocking the ruck. Breakdown has been a disaster all game.

Pulled the puma player off the ball, as he's standing in front of the scrum half blocking the ruck. Breakdown has been a disaster all game.

Unreal how **** refs are dealing with it. Every ruck has players holding on, flying in off their feet, from the sides... on and on.

One thing that really gets my goat with rugby these days is that any loss of control is called as a knock on. That hospital pass was not knocked forward, it went backwards. It may look like it went forward because the player was driven backwards in the tackle afterwards, but the ball did not go towards the opposition tryline.

Rant over.

Blatantly illegal steal there

So close for the Pumas, they're always so good at getting wide on teams.

Coltman 0/2 and argentina should have had a man carded. Massive overlap and professional foul knockdown

• Advertisement

If the Pumas lose this, they'll be raging. Game is there for the taking, **** execution on their part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

25 handling errors. *sigh*

Argggghhhh this is frustrating to watch now.

Northern Hemisphere won't fear anything shown today

Pumas have thrown this away, or more accurately, dropped it.

• Advertisement

They'll be rueing that missed penalty around 60 minutes to make it a one point game, but still fair play to them for putting it up against the all blacks. Granted it wasn't a full strength squad they were playing against, but shows they're starting to build momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,353 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

If Argentina had shown more patience they would have won. Kept forcing that last pass. The Sanchez intercept being the most obvious one.

"NZ can't take this down"

Proceed to immediately drop the maul. Jokeshop effort from Gardner

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

So fcuking hard to beat the AB's...

But really, that kiwi team that finished the game was very much a second string....

Argies v aussies gonna be epic now....

"NZ can't take this down"

Proceed to immediately drop the maul. Jokeshop effort from Gardner

Retallick fell, left the maul and then rejoined on the Argentina side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Today had a very super rugby feel to it. Lots of gaps in the crowd, lacking that test feel intensity and there were probably more All Black starters in the Super Rugby final than today.

New Zealand were awful.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    So fcuking hard to beat the AB's...

But really, that kiwi team that finished the game was very much a second string....

Argies v aussies gonna be epic now....

Hansen found out a lot about a few chancers today too.

Tuipulotu , Fifita, Coltman. Wasn't what he is looking for

Beauden Barrett would want to get his finger out too.

Retallick fell, left the maul and then rejoined on the Argentina side.

Why even have refs on the field these days? They just ignore blatant fouls. Does my head in.

Why even have refs on the field these days? They just ignore blatant fouls. Does my head in.

If they're not gonna call a yellow for a blatant deliberate knock on stopping an All Black's breakaway, they're not going to bother with less obvious infringements.

NeonWolf wrote: »
    Beauden Barrett would want to get his finger out too.

I'd love to see Mo'unga start against South Africa. Barrett was poor aside from a couple of breaks, couldn't handle the Pumas being right up in his face every time he got the ball, and his kicking from hand was a bit aimless at times.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    If they're not gonna call a yellow for a blatant deliberate knock on stopping an All Black's breakaway, they're not going to bother with less obvious infringements.

Once he ignored that it was indicative of what the rest of his standard would be like for the remainder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Two absolutely dire spectacles. Always happens when I really get excited about a rugby weekend. Only high point was Brodie Retallick's try. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

A lot of rustiness and inexperience on show this weekend, hard to know what to make of it.

South Africa beat the Aussies without ever leaving 3rd gear. Lots of sloppy mistakes (their 12 had a game to forget) but plenty of pleasant selection headaches for Rassie to come. Australia on the other hand looked a rabble at times, could have lost by a lot more. They threatened at times in the first half but the quality backs couldn’t make up for a total lack of cohesion.

Argentina will be kicking themselves, easily their best opportunity to put one over NZ. A real lack of clinicality really killed them today. As for NZ, the well runs deep but maybe not that deep. Think a few players might see a bit less of the black jersey for the next while.

Just gonna say Liam coltman had a great appearance off the bench.... But his darts have always been an issue

I'm thinking NZ are over priced next week at - 11

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

It's not often that you'll see half your first team rested and 5 uncapped players in the 23 so I wouldn't read too much into the result. Compare that to the Pumas who were just the Jaguares + Sanchez and Figallo.

Fifita was anonymous and Jordie is lucky he's only 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Jordie Barrat was played out of position IMH0. He's a very good player but not a winger. I would have played him at FB.

Australia vs Argentina now a must win game for both sides.

Jordie Barrat was played out of position IMH0. He's a very good player but not a winger. I would have played him at FB.

Australia vs Argentina now a must win game for both sides.

Jordie can play any position from 10-15 but he probably doesn't have the top end pace of a proper international wing. It seems like he has been thrown in the deep end far too early in his career and doesn't have the temperament yet for international football.

Interestingly his contract is up in the air - where he ends up may come down to the position he favours and whether he is happy to take a gamble at not being a starter. If he goes to the Highlanders he will probably be a guaranteed starter but if he goes to the Crusaders he will likely be relegated to the bench. If he stays with the canes he could potentially make a run at the 10 jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Some alternate World Cup predictions... pollard for top points scorer 6/1 get on it, laumape top try scorer 25/1, he will play v Italy, Canada and Namibia.. could easily get 2 against each.. or fancy either Nkosi at 33/1 or dyanti 14/1

• Advertisement

8.35 next Saturday. What a game in store, so much wider context.

Honestly think SA are going to turn the ABs over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

8.35 next Saturday. What a game in store, so much wider context.

Honestly think SA are going to turn the ABs over again.

Hope not and perhaps the Argentina game will have shaken them up. If they had run away with that game instead of barely scraping through I would be more worried.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Hope not and perhaps the Argentina game will have shaken them up. If they had run away with that game instead of barely scraping through I would be more worried.

The AB's can switch it on from one game to the next, but it was unusual to see them somewhat on the ropes in the latter stages against Argentina and South Africa finished pretty strong albeit were at home.

There isn't always consistency from one performance to the next, the AB's will have more players back and will be more focused just from it being a bigger fixture.

It's going to be a real battle though, I'm very much looking forward to watching the game as a neutral. Going to do up a big feed and stick the feet up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭swiwi_

All Blacks team to play South Africa: Beauden Barrett, Ben Smith, Jack Goodhue, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Richie Mo'unga, TJ Perenara, Kieran Read (c), Matt Todd, Shannon Frizell, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Dane Coles, Ofa Tuungafasi, Angus Ta'avao, Vaea Fifita, Dalton Papalii, Aaron Smith, Anton Lienert-Brown, George Bridge.

Only 3 players retained in the starting XV from last week's game.

First time ever BB at 15 RM at 10.

(team named is unofficial at present)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That's their best 9,10 and 11,14,15 combinations in my opinion.

If it's confirmed, I'm beyond excited to see how it goes with Richie at 10.

• Advertisement

exciting team, but still experimental.

new 9 / 10 combination, new 12 / 13 combo
    new back row combination

pretty green back row and back 3 cover in Papalii and Bridge

very very exciting and incredibly talented bunch.... lets see how they go together at the top level though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I like the look of that team. Replace SBW with Nonu and Todd with Savea and I would be very happy.

Still not sure who the best blindside is. Have my doubts about everyone the ABs have used since Kaino retired. I could see Tom Robinson Luke Jacobson claiming the jersey post RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

This should be a great game.

AdamD wrote: »
    That's their best 9,10 and 11,14,15 combinations in my opinion.

Certainly the form 9,10 combo.

Nice to see so many changes as it gives us fans something to talk about.:D

Hansen has to try it. The idea is irresistible and has been for about two years now.

Can’t wait to see the rush defence vs Mo’unga flat and spongebob coming from deep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement