Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone gigabox + Orbi mesh wifi?

Options
  • 19-07-2019 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

Just bought the Orbi RBK50 router for girlfriends family as I have it in my own home and works amazing with Virgin Media!
    My girlfriends family has FTTH Vodafone Siro 1000mb broadband (Ireland), and the gigabox interface and set up for the orbi seems to be more annoying and difficult to set up than with virgin. I was wondering does anyone have a simple guide or set up (for a beginner here) and what/how to set the orbi up with the vodafone gigabox? With virgin it was just a case of setting the virgin router to "Modem Mode" but can't see anything similar for the gigabox. Vodafone refuse to help due to me using a 3rd party router. They do have vodafone home phone too so prefarbly a way not disabling that.

I know could easily jsut set the orbi up in AP mode and turn wifi off on the gigabox but that from what I can see, doesn't use the orbi's full potential.

Please any help/ideas wold be amazing.

Many Thanks,
    Karl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Orbis full potential = lose the phone
    Fast wifi only = keep the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kd8452

So if they are keeping the phone (Can't get rid of it for a few months at least) what is the best way to connect the orbi? AP mode or ?

Yep.

Disable all wifi on the Gigabox so the spectrum is kept free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

ED E wrote: »
    Yep.

Disable all wifi on the Gigabox so the spectrum is kept free.

Can the gigabox be bridged as a matter of interest?

Can the gigabox be bridged as a matter of interest?

Don't know but its not required. Bridging is just an extra point of failure, if you want to bridge it just remove it and connect to the ONT.

• Advertisement
Advertisement