Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF Stage 13 ITT 27km - Off to Pau we go

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thomas -22secs all in the finish, waiting for Ala

Ala -14 on Thomas and extends himself in Yellow! What a ride!!

Incredible performance. Chapeau.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Wow. He's such a special cyclist. I wonder can he improve his climbing in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Wow. I bet Team Ineos weren't expecting that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Jeez, Alaphilippe. Gained 7 secs on Thomas in the last km, if French TV can be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Alafrickinphilippe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Will he survive the tourmalet!! Hopefully

MPFGLB wrote: »
    You may not have to wait for years to come...just until tomorrow

Disappointed my boy Mas will have to go into protection duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

That parachutist took a while to get down!

edit. Ouch!

• Advertisement

Sorry to disillusion you but Mas was not a podium contender for me

He had absolutely no form but ability wise he always had a chance. Shocked he put in a TT like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Cant see why not, he looked good at the Suisse race, I think the long climbs now will suit him and definitely a challenger for a podium

A lot of others out now like Dan, Quintana, Landa, Porte, Bardet....

Latest Odds post Stage 13

pK3W1sp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Potentially the most interesting Tour in many a year. TTs out of the way, 5 mountain stages to come and lots of fellas in with a shout. It'll be fascinating to see how QuickStep and Ineos play their cards and Movistar I guess. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Haha! Great sense of how to view your consideration of the importance of your own opinion to others!

I know that you didn't mean it in a condescending way but it read a bit like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

You gotta wonder after giving it your all you should be wasted getting of the bike Roche style rather than hulking up and jumping all over the place, even Geraint Thomas looked flutered after

the winner didn't even look out of breath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Never been Alaphilippe’s biggest fan but by god do I want him to win this now as I can’t see the rest putting it up to Thomas

Never been Alaphilippe’s biggest fan but by god do I want him to win this now as I can’t see the rest putting it up to Thomas

The next 2 days should tell us a lot about whether he can keep yellow to Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thomas put in a huge effort today and I wonder will that leave a mark for tomorrow. Hopefully some of the top 10 chasing time take a gamble tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Van Aert has no broken bones. Huge laceration to his upper leg requiring surgery to close it.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-van-aert-crashes-out-of-time-trial/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Update from Jumbo Visma regarding Van Aert, sounds freaky scary but it looks like he'll be fine, thank goodness!

https://www.teamjumbovisma.nl

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭timbel

You gotta wonder after giving it your all you should be wasted getting of the bike Roche style rather than hulking up and jumping all over the place, even Geraint Thomas looked flutered after

the winner didn't even look out of breath

These were my thoughts exactly. However, I am just finished reading "Rough Ride" so maybe just my mindset.

On the other hand I dont understand why he is not being considered a favorite for the overall.
    Lsst year he proved he can do high mountains albeit with a different target in mind (stages and polka dot jersey).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Will today's ride have a huge affect on Alaphilippe tomorrow in the mountains. He looked absolutely wrecked after today.

Van Art's crash looked fair horrific, looked like he got hooked off the bike.

Very good tour this year.

Also Sagan seems to still be cracked in the head ha ha

They can't be that wrecked after today. It was only 27k and 35 minutes flat out. That's nothing to them. Sure, it hurt like hell doing it and they were pooped for a short while after but that's all. 35 minutes flat out does not stay in the legs regardless of what came before it.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    They can't be that wrecked after today. It was only 27k and 35 minutes flat out. That's nothing to them. Sure, it hurt like hell doing it and they were pooped for a short while after but that's all. 35 minutes flat out does not stay in the legs regardless of what came before it.

Valid and true point but why did guys like Tony Martin and Lampaert take it handy then?

Angliru wrote: »
    Valid and true point but why did guys like Tony Martin and Lampaert take it handy then?

Have you ever seen Tony Martin after a day in the mountains? He looks like a zombie.

Advertisement