Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good phone for tethering?

Options
  • 19-07-2019 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭

i'm looking for a phone that i can connect to my laptop through usb or ethernet that will allow me to connect to the internet through the phone, i would prefer not to use wifi. is this possible and if so would anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I would say most, if not all modern smart phones will have this capability.

What phones do you currently have?
    How much data do you plan to use, and why not just by wifi?
    What device of laptop/computer will you be using?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Yep no one phone is king of tethering. Most phone can do this easily now. Your network will dictate how good your rehearing experience is based on coverage and speed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Davy wrote: »
    I would say most, if not all modern smart phones will have this capability.

What phones do you currently have?
    How much data do you plan to use, and why not just by wifi?
    What device of laptop/computer will you be using?

I have a oneplus 2 that's about 4 years old, my laptop doesn't recognise it when I connect it up via USB, it just charges. I have an acer chromebook. I don't like using wifi, I find it causes me pain, especially if I use a hand held device connected to wifi,3/4G, something I avoid almost completely now. I don't have internet access in work so this could be a solution. I know there's mobile broadband but it's pretty expensive.

Advertisement