Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All together Now looks like it's going to be fantastic

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cactus jacks

Ok the traffic situation was pretty bad but other than that I had a great time, not a single other complaint and I'll definitely be going back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewTab

Just to add my own experience on this re. the traffic - we left Tramore at about 12:30 or later, and while there was a point when we were stopped with little movement for about 20-30 mins, once we got through a particular junction (where 5 or 6 roads merged - and, to be fair, could have done with a steward) it flew on. All together (no pun intended), it took us less than 2 hours to get from Tramore, to the campsite; and there was already thousands there by that time.

And to be honest, I thought the fact that we were leaving as late as 12:30 (and from within Waterford) was already cutting it short to be heading out... so, while there's obvious reasons why some people wouldn't be able to leave earlier from around the country, it did still feel like there was an element of a lot of people leaving it later than you might expect to have needed, to get to a festival, at the bottom of the country, and on country roads.

We also headed home each night, and were back to the city within an hour each time (including Sunday night, when there was a large amount of people leaving) - and vice versa heading in.

To me, it feels like there was a lot more outrage thrown at it than it deserved (which is easy for me to say having had the luxury of heading home each day) - but it definitely felt like the success and praise of last year's festival, made it a target for the smallest of slip-ups this year.

I would definitely head back next year (though still wish it wasn't clashing with Spraoi's weekend).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

NewTab wrote: »
    Just to add my own experience on this re. the traffic - we left Tramore at about 12:30 or later, and while there was a point when we were stopped with little movement for about 20-30 mins, once we got through a particular junction (where 5 or 6 roads merged - and, to be fair, could have done with a steward) it flew on. All together (no pun intended), it took us less than 2 hours to get from Tramore, to the campsite; and there was already thousands there by that time.

And to be honest, I thought the fact that we were leaving as late as 12:30 (and from within Waterford) was already cutting it short to be heading out... so, while there's obvious reasons why some people wouldn't be able to leave earlier from around the country, it did still feel like there was an element of a lot of people leaving it later than you might expect to have needed, to get to a festival, at the bottom of the country, and on country roads.

We also headed home each night, and were back to the city within an hour each time (including Sunday night, when there was a large amount of people leaving) - and vice versa heading in.

To me, it feels like there was a lot more outrage thrown at it than it deserved (which is easy for me to say having had the luxury of heading home each day) - but it definitely felt like the success and praise of last year's festival, made it a target for the smallest of slip-ups this year.

I would definitely head back next year (though still wish it wasn't clashing with Spraoi's weekend).

Funny, you should say that because this crossed my mind to. The begrudgers seemed to have their knifes out a bit alright. Of course there is always room for improvements to traffic management plans but from a what I have read a lot of the blame can be put at people not planning their journey and reading the travel instructions on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

BBM77 wrote: »
    Funny, you should say that because this crossed my mind to. The begrudgers seemed to have their knifes out a bit alright. Of course there is always room for improvements to traffic management plans but from a what I have read a lot of the blame can be put at people not planning their journey and reading the travel instructions on the website.

I planned my journey and went they way the Guards and the organisers sent us,of course we would be expecting some delays but 6hrs?? ,its not begrudgery i actually hate that word you cant say anything critical in Waterford without been called a begrudger!!

This was a fuck up by POD and the Gardai,dont be trying to blame us for following directions and getting stuck in a traffic stand still,i had a great time at the festival and i really hope they learn from this and they make next year as good as it was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

On Today FM now about the traffic issues and toilet/shower issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Advertisement