Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I

Options
  • 19-07-2019 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Quote: dudara
    Posters - please do not use Boards as a platform to discuss illegal or shady activities.

If officially requested by the GardaBoards would be obligated to hand over your details. It could also place Boards in a hard spot.

dudara

Has boards.ie been requested officially to hand over any data in relation to these treads?

Would boards.ie give over user data without it been officially requested, been asked by a high rank member or any guard for that matter?
    Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager
    Hi Br I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. We always comply with any requests for user data from An Garda Sh when they are investigating a crime and we will be happy to do so if they come to us with regard to this case.

Best of luck with this,
    Niamh.

Is this not illegal under GDPR regulations and without a court order?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No, it's not illegal under GDPR without a Court order.

GDPR is an instrument of limited capacity and would not, for example, be able to interfere with an investigation carried out by a member An Garda Síochána.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hugs_for_drugs

No, it's not illegal under GDPR without a Court order.

GDPR is an instrument of limited capacity and would not, for example, be able to interfere with an investigation carried out by a member An Garda Síochána.

So boards.ie will give AGS any data as long it's under the guise of "an investigation" without any court order or protection of a person's privacy?

Can I ask or do i request how many times boards.ie has officially released personal information to AGS under the guise of "An investigation"?

Thanks for the reply.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

As per the Data Protection Act of 2018, we will only supply personal data on receipt of a valid Data Disclosure Request issued either by the courts or an investigating member of An Garda Siochana.

Requests are pretty infrequent, but I don't have a number to hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement