Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling bank draft issue

Options
  • 19-07-2019 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭

I'm curious as to what is happening here. I went to my BOI branch to get a sterling draft to pay the UK pension board. I was told that it was not recommended to get a draft as "UK banks are not clearing them now". I was advised to pay them directly using a BIC and IBAN. Ok I can do this instead. Just wondering the reason behind this. Is it a symptom of Brexit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what is happening here. I went to my BOI branch to get a sterling draft to pay the UK pension board. I was told that it was not recommended to get a draft as "UK banks are not clearing them now". I was advised to pay them directly using a BIC and IBAN. Ok I can do this instead. Just wondering the reason behind this. Is it a symptom of Brexit?

Hi Ally,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We can certainly check this out. Can we ask that you send us a private message with a bit more information such as the UK bank the draft would be going to e.g the pension board bank.

thanks Jen

Advertisement