Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil - US-Pace- CBS (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 19-07-2019 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭

Evil is a psychological mystery that examines science vs. religion and the origins of evil. The series focuses on a skeptical female forensic psychologist who joins a priest-in-training and a carpenter to investigate and assess the Church's backlog of supposed miracles, demonic possessions and unexplained phenomena.
    Starring: Katja Herbers, Mike Colter, Aasif Mandvi, Michael Emerson, Brooklyn Shuck, Skylar Gray, Maddy Crocco, Dalya Knapp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's getting great reviews.

Starts next week and more reviews are starting to come out and they are all good along the lines don't watch on your own in the dark :)

I knew by the first ad break I was going to love this show.

I knew by the second ad break that this is going to be a great show.

I knew by the third ad break the above was right.

I knew at the fourth ad break this is the best Network pilot I have seen in years.

I knew at the end of the episode this will become my new favourite network TV series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I had heard in passing about this show, but hadn't realised it was the latest from Michelle / Robert King (The Good Wife). That trailer looks decent, as does the cast, so knowing who's behind it all makes me think it's worth a look.

Good to see the Kings still dabbling in other genres, and weren't completely put off by the underrated (and canceled) BrainDead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Heckler

That was complete muck. Good premise but awful execution.

Late 30's with 4 kids and still paying off student loans ?

Not so much of a Wha ? when the idea of possession came up....

Continuity was bad in parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I really liked that a lot it has a x files at it best feeling to it. i like how they are treating evil is done by man but also leaving the possessions could still be happening. good chemistry between the cast as well. this could become the show i look forward to every week very easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I know Katja Herbers from Manhattan, don't know the creators. This gets down to business fairly promptly and then hits the accelerator in back end of the episode - shifts tone a little there and somewhat procedural too. Hey, it's a network show. I liked the outcome. The trio at end is enough to know whether you want to continue or not. Michael Emerson should be a good foil.

Really enjoyed episode 2 as well.

Liking the story of the week along with the slow release of the overall arc story.

Religion God the Devil heaven or hell faith non belief works just as well as Aliens and I want to believe if not more so while adding in the final minute of this weeks episode adds to back story of the lead character.

I wonder how long before Michael Emersons wife turns up in a role she is always amazing whatever show she is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think I'll give it one more episode then decide, but so far I'll likely drop it.

Anyone else think Katja looks a bit like Mary Lynn Rajskub at times?

Renewed for a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I watched the first 2 episodes and couldn't be bothered with more

I really liked last weeks episode the VR one and that end was so sad.

Ye the ending was very powerful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

I am liking it so far. Easy to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Enjoying this in our house, The Mrs really loves it she was a big fan of the xfiles and finds the the church mystery like the alien one in that, I'm liking it because Katja Herbers is very easy on the eye along with the mystery.

I like the way they are using the incels and showing how easy they are to brain wash.

That was another really cool episode this week. I know the feeling when you can't get a song out of your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished this earlier today. Liked it, didn't love it. Got better as the season went on, though.

The finale set up lots of content for Season 2, so I'm glad it was renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on Alibi Channel UK on Monday September 21st at 9pm it stars Michael Emerson and Mike Colter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Mr E wrote: »
    Finished this earlier today. Liked it, didn't love it. Got better as the season went on, though.

The finale set up lots of content for Season 2, so I'm glad it was renewed.

Yeah, I watch the occasional episode; up to episode 5 now (which was a good few months back). This is one for those that are interested in shows where on-the-face-of-it supernatural events are sceptically examined, but instead of it being a background issue, or occasionally wheeled in, this is it's front and centre raison d'être. Not sure if the horror bits are supposed to be tongue-in-cheek or not. Mixed bag of genres, it's interesting enough. As it's supposed to get better, think I might pop back in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,714 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't see a thread on this show.

Psychologist Kristen Bouchard reluctantly works together with David Acosta, a priest in training, to investigate and find a logical explanation for every supernatural occurrence within the Church.

I have only watched episode one but it is a lot of fun if a tad off the wall! Mike Colter is excellent as is Katja herbers.
    Creators are Michelle and Robert king who did the good wife and the good fight.
    Anyone else watch it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've watched it all and it's enjoyable enough. But I do think Katja Herbers is lovely.

Goes to some strange places. Tone is a bit weird as well.

It's more like but not as humorous as the same producers' 'Brain Dead'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrainDead

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think I'll give it one more episode then decide, but so far I'll likely drop it.

Anyone else think Katja looks a bit like Mary Lynn Rajskub at times?

I thought Carey Mulligan :o

‘Evil’ Renewed for Season 4 at Paramount+

This show really is so much fun right up there as one of the best shows around today with great dark humour and a top cast having a blast, It's a show I look forward to watching every week.

Next weeks season finale is set up nicely now and so happy it has been renewed for a fourth season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

TBH......it's such a weird show, that it's hard to pin down why you keep watching.

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, in that you'll watch an episode just to see how out of whack it is. Stuff makes no sense, there's little in the way of narrative conclusion to whatever the week's story is, whatever weird sh1t is going seems to have no lasting impact on the characters and explanations are very much either left up in the air or ignored completely. The tonal shift of its move to Paramount+ was quite incongruous to its initial season, dropping in its permitted F-bombs and such, and what must have been a Covid-riddled second season gave some episodes a feel of almost being pieced together from whatever scenes were completed and available to use 😂.

That said, it has a tight central cast who are clearly having a lot of fun, and obviously doesn't hurt having a lead so easy on the eye, so it's one of the few throwaway shows I try to catch and not pay too much critical mind to.

• Advertisement

Nice..I'd forgotten about this..Still have the last season to watch..

Yeah, easy on the eye indeed..

Advertisement