Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    I doth not kow wh're the wolve art, 'r who is't those gents might beest, but those gents shall beest hath found

tenor.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I just found a shakespeare translator - Its possible ill play the rest of the game like this!

oh thank god, i thought you might be having a stroke.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    No.

Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney.

That suggests that seer is getting character names and roles.

??

I don't get your logic.

Care to explain.

Well then it would make no odds whether he showed as Harvey Dent or Two face. Unless theres doubt around which he is D1, as in we're assumed hes good D1 but maybe hes Two Face D1 and Harvey D2?

Conor WW wrote: »
    Well then it would make no odds whether he showed as Harvey Dent or Two face. Unless theres doubt around which he is D1, as in we're assumed hes good D1 but maybe hes Two Face D1 and Harvey D2?

Is that not the point Babs was making though, why would you need to bring the seer into it when it's clear what alignment he is (and when) from the OP

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

oh thank god, i thought you might be having a stroke.

Dont w'rry, mine own physical corse is healthy and in valorous state

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Hello.

they will know that we don't know they know, that all that matters. Why are you all up in the seers face so early?

Jesus Christ I was going through 2 faces role and the mods chose to mention the seer in there too.

What’s the problem?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I think we can all agree that Steve has found a wolf, only a wolf would disagree.

You're not disagreeing are you Clodagh?

giphy.gif
    I think I'll just sit in the corner. I see where this is headed and I dont like it! **cries tears of sadness**

Two Face / Harvey Dent
    1) One night good (day & night phases), the next bad.

2) Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney

1+2 = what you talkin' about wilis.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Jesus Christ I was going through 2 faces role and the mods chose to mention the seer in there too.

What’s the problem?

You seem to be very agitated Angus.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Is that not the point Babs was making though, why would you need to bring the seer into it when it's clear what alignment he is (and when) from the OP

The point I was trying to make and I obviously made badly is with regards to his powers.

If he peeks as Harvey night one, does that mean he was good on day one too?

• Advertisement

The point I was trying to make and I obviously made badly is with regards to his powers.

Can't say for certain, but most likely yes imo.

The many faced god!

FatOddballKitfox-size_restricted.gif

its in the OP and laid out bare post 69

Can't say for certain, but most likely yes imo.

Actually scratch that last response yes I can:

From the OP:
    One night good (day & night phases),

So Dent will be good day 1 and night 1, bad day 2 and night 2, etc.

bateth sir,

dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r din'r

bateth sir

Thee eith'r kicketh the bucket a h'ro, 'r liveth longeth enow to seeth yourself becometh a villain

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Thee eith'r kicketh the bucket a h'ro, 'r liveth longeth enow to seeth yourself becometh a villain

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3327524953737a6ba798f1&rid=giphy.gif

I see Steve is going for the 'annoy everyone to death with Shakespeare' approach.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Afternoon all, just getting on now. But don’t worry, everything’s going to be fine because.......

......I’m Batman!!

I see Steve is going for the 'annoy everyone to death with Shakespeare' approach.

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

How many people have changed the avatar to Batman? :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Having had time to read back over the OP I wanted to give my thoughts and see what you all think. I think it’s good if we bounce ideas off each other on theories and such. It’s a slow burn weekend and not everyone’s going to be around loads to all out accuse each other :P But if we could flesh out the OP a bit while we’ve so little to go on I think it could work to our advantage.

Penguin - Counterfeiter - Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, a Gotham City mobster who fancies himself a "gentleman of crime", can usually be found at the Iceberg Lounge nightclub and has recently taken to the art of counterfeit. What exactly will he be faking that should rightly have the citizens of Gotham so worried?

After reading the role meaning for counterfeiter this makes sense, I wouldn’t have gotten it without that so thanks whoever it was that posted it. Makes sense now, he fakes the lynch results and has citizens of Gotham ripping each other to shreds over lying about where they voted. This is going to put a serious spanner in the works for wagonomics as we won’t know if results are being manipulated or someone is genuinely lying about where they voted.

Riddler - Edward Nygma has a compulsive need for attention and just can't help himself when it comes to dropping complex riddles and puzzles for Batman and friends to solve. Will you be able to solve the Puzzle of The Riddler to help the citizens of Gotham? Or will the Rogues reap the rewards of his antics?

- He has a compulsive need for attention so possibly the newspaper or even Steve with his Shakespearean posts. I’m rubbish at riddles though so won’t be much help figuring out what it means.

Poison Ivy - Dr Pamela Isley is a Gotham City botanist who is obsessed with plants, ecological extinction, and environmentalism. As her name suggests she is a fan of using poison on her victims but the question you will be asking is Orchid or Rose? One is poisoned, one is not. Each day that Ivy is alive she can send these two flowers to players of her choice. Only she knows which contains the poison.

- I really like the flavour of this character, rather than your standard run of the mill vig this is a nice twist. I wonder does the flower that’s not poisoned do anything. I’m sure the poisoning will be announced on thread but should we announce when flowers are received on thread, any information is helpful right?

Two Face / Harvey Dent
    One night good (day & night phases), the next bad, Harvey has powers to match, each time with a 50/50 chance of success. If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win. Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney, Night 2: Two Face

- This is a really interesting role, does it mean he’s bad one night as in a wolf and will have address to BRs in that period then turn good again the next night? Surely not? Also if he makes it to the end good, does that mean if the last day falls on an uneven day then he’ll be village?

I’m avoiding digging into the village roles and I would err on the side of caution anyone that questions them too much, can come across a bit like fishing for someone to slip up, answer and reveal their role. Or I could just be paranoid, it’s too early for that though right? :rolleyes:

On the newspaper, it has to mean something right? My initial thoughts were that it didn’t say mod announcement but I don’t think that matters does it? It wasn’t an announcement as such but it does mean something, just have to figure out what.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Hello all

I am nondescript flying mammal person

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Hello all

I am nondescript flying mammal person

Ahh a man bat?

Eva WW wrote: »
    Poison Ivy - Dr Pamela Isley is a Gotham City botanist who is obsessed with plants, ecological extinction, and environmentalism. As her name suggests she is a fan of using poison on her victims but the question you will be asking is Orchid or Rose? One is poisoned, one is not. Each day that Ivy is alive she can send these two flowers to players of her choice. Only she knows which contains the poison.

- I really like the flavour of this character, rather than your standard run of the mill vig this is a nice twist. I wonder does the flower that’s not poisoned do anything. I’m sure the poisoning will be announced on thread but should we announce when flowers are received on thread, any information is helpful right?
    Most likely hosts will post fred ww & wilma ww received flowers.
    That's it. They don't know which they received and the healer has to make a decision based on who is more likely to be poisoned and heal that person.
    Guess right and both live, guess wrong and you gave the cure to someone who was not poisoned and the other dies.

Having had time to read back over the OP I wanted to give my thoughts and see what you all think. I think it’s good if we bounce ideas off each other on theories and such. It’s a slow burn weekend and not everyone’s going to be around loads to all out accuse each other :P But if we could flesh out the OP a bit while we’ve so little to go on I think it could work to our advantage.

Penguin - Counterfeiter - Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, a Gotham City mobster who fancies himself a "gentleman of crime", can usually be found at the Iceberg Lounge nightclub and has recently taken to the art of counterfeit. What exactly will he be faking that should rightly have the citizens of Gotham so worried?

After reading the role meaning for counterfeiter this makes sense, I wouldn’t have gotten it without that so thanks whoever it was that posted it. Makes sense now, he fakes the lynch results and has citizens of Gotham ripping each other to shreds over lying about where they voted. This is going to put a serious spanner in the works for wagonomics as we won’t know if results are being manipulated or someone is genuinely lying about where they voted.

Riddler - Edward Nygma has a compulsive need for attention and just can't help himself when it comes to dropping complex riddles and puzzles for Batman and friends to solve. Will you be able to solve the Puzzle of The Riddler to help the citizens of Gotham? Or will the Rogues reap the rewards of his antics?

- He has a compulsive need for attention so possibly the newspaper or even Steve with his Shakespearean posts. I’m rubbish at riddles though so won’t be much help figuring out what it means.

Two Face / Harvey Dent
    One night good (day & night phases), the next bad, Harvey has powers to match, each time with a 50/50 chance of success. If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win. Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney, Night 2: Two Face

- This is a really interesting role, does it mean he’s bad one night as in a wolf and will have address to BRs in that period then turn good again the next night? Surely not? Also if he makes it to the end good, does that mean if the last day falls on an uneven day then he’ll be village?

I’m avoiding digging into the village roles and I would err on the side of caution anyone that questions them too much, can come across a bit like fishing for someone to slip up, answer and reveal their role. Or I could just be paranoid, it’s too early for that though right? :rolleyes:

On the newspaper, it has to mean something right? My initial thoughts were that it didn’t say mod announcement but I don’t think that matters does it? It wasn’t an announcement as such but it does mean something, just have to figure out what.

Re: Penguin. IF he is that role then it will likely only be a single day the votes are affected. Not gospel of course, but unlikely.

Poison Ivy is simply a poisoner, Babs description is right imo.

Hard to know if Two Face/Dent will share a backroom with the wolves like you seem to suggest, unlikely given the changing alignments. Wolf team is specified in OP as Ivy, Penguin and Riddler so I think Dent is his own team when evil and team village when good. Could be wrong though, I don't know for definite.

On the Riddler - newspaper I'd chalk down as maybe. Steve... I don't see it tbh. I'd say the riddles will be announced and we'll have a time limit to work them out, just based on the description. Again, only speculating though. Can't know for certain I guess.

Totally agree with your comments re: discussion of villager roles, no need to be fishing down that well, they will know what they have to do themselves and that's what matters imo.

On the newspaper, I'm choosing to ignore it tbh. I don't know what we can take from simply a pic and some headlines, but by all means feel free to try and decipher it.

Riddler - Edward Nygma

- He has a compulsive need for attention so possibly the newspaper or even Steve with his Shakespearean posts.

I am not a fan of this theory, if it persists ill just stop being hilarious!!

I am not a fan of this theory, if it persists ill just stop being hilarious!!

Hmmmmm.

Guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Ahh a man bat?

Or woman,

Thank you brother,

Or sister

Wait where was i

Advertisement