Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled triathlons

• 19-07-2019 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Now I didn't enjoy IM Cork (the weather or the course) but the Irish bashing of "what did they expect in Ireland,boo boo boo crappy Ireland" annoyed me and I did point out that hot weather was a risk too.

Life time fitness triathlon in NYC was completely cancelled for this weekend. Massive massive race binned because of a great warning.

Weather happens....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

Feels like there was a bit of politics involved in this decision, as mentioned here, once the mayor had his say

https://www.triathlete.com/2019/07/news/politics-killed-the-nyc-triathlon-this-year_381696

Hot in NYC alright, but similar to Frankfurt a few weeks back so probably could have gone ahead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

serious political games on that one, a mayor who was being widely criticised for been more nationally focused than worrying about his city decided to use a local event with high visibility to show how much he cared

but agreed, within weeks of cork we saw changes to major races all over europe. it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Outlaw bike cancelled today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

EC1000 wrote: »
    Outlaw bike cancelled today.

Really. Heat?? Aquathon so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Really. Heat?? Aquathon so?

Storms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Aye local floods cancelled the bike and fallen trees.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Advertisement