Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019 pt 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Dundalk fans have developed a ****ing massive chip on their shoulders and for the love of God I cannot see why. From your man shouting at the extratime reporters about the Dublin media being happy when none of them were from Dublin to stamping their feet and throwing a fit when anyone tries to say something positive about any other club, to calling Bohs fans biased for Rovers (I mean come on), to claiming people are posting "virulent anti Dundalk" stuff because people have the audacity to point out flaws, ignoring the daft attempt to explain it by saying they're supporters of a club who's ex manager also happens to be Dundalks ex manager, here's a wakeup call lads, you can't claim to be the biggest and best club in the land while also complaining about being held to higher standards, its a package deal, you get none or both.

Id imagine the ones with chips on their shoulders are new fans who never stepped inside Oriel prior to 2014, the ones who have known nothing but sustained success in the time supporting the club. The same fellas who were booing P Kenny when CCFC were romping it in the early part of the 2017 season. These fellas should not be listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

sugarman wrote: »
    Besides that, any real fans have always been looked after first with access to pre sales. I've never had any bother getting tickets for the few games that sold out in the early days of Tallaght like Madrid, Juventus and 1 or 2 of the derbies.

Yeah I've never missed out on tickets when I've wanted them, it's pretty easy to stop real fans from missing out. And you'd hope some of the bandwagoners stay on and become ingrained in the club like many have before.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    But the world revolves around Bohs & everyone else is wrong

Oh no see that's where your wrong, his world revolves around Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Oh no see that's where your wrong, his world revolves around Rovers.

Was Shels for the past week :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Big Dublin Derby in Dalymount tonight folks. Expecting a big Garda presence so get down early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

MD1990 wrote: »
    Any Dundalk fans heading over to Riga for the Playoffs?

They seem very interested in their results.

You coming up to Oriel tonight?? Seem very interested in the club and its fans....:D:D;);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I was a bandwagoner when I started going to Tallaght 2012 and I'm still going eight years later.

Plenty of them in Oriel started going in 2013/4 and are still coming back most games. Its what we want to hold onto any new fans

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I was a bandwagonner in 1984 and it just kinda stuck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I’m a bandwaggoner since the Alan Fox days ( before the present Cork club were formed :rolleyes:)

As for Riga and Linfield, isn’t it great that two minnows, knocked out of the CL first round are still in the EL? (or have we stooped to begrudging them Now too?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

And bandwagoner is different to a barstooler.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I was a bandwagoner when I started going to Tallaght 2012 and I'm still going eight years later.

If you persevered after starting out in 2012, you may be the only one. It was tough enough for the battle hardened matchgoers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I think to succeed in Europe. It's very much down to the manager re LOI sides.

Caulfield's cork sides flopped in Europe
    Kenny over achieved as did MON(Norn. Ire boss).

Perth looks a tad lost and Bradley the same...I reckon if Kenny have the rovers side they'd be in group stage, some serious talent

This present Dundalk side isn’t a patch on the side that played in Europe in 2016 yet they’re 7 points clear in the league with a game in hand.
    Perth is doing his best but I can’t see him surviving past our next European adventure unless we improve dramatically in it. I feel Kenny would have done much better in the current campaign in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

This present Dundalk side isn’t a patch on the side that played in Europe in 2016 yet they’re 7 points clear in the league with a game in hand.
    Perth is doing his best but I can’t see him surviving past our next European adventure unless we improve dramatically in it. I feel Kenny would have done much better in the current campaign in Europe.

It's probably unfair to judge any other manager against Kenny though. In the same way that following Alex Ferguson at United was always going to be a near-impossible task, so too is following Kenny at Dundalk (relatively speaking, of course).

And it was also impossible to follow Michael O’Neill at Rovers. A difference maybe that VP was already at the club and known to the players. Other than that, yeah, near impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Well lads, I have around 30 old Kildare County programmes I'm looking to offload, anybody know anyone who might be interested in them? I'd hate to just bin them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Well lads, I have around 30 old Kildare County programmes I'm looking to offload, anybody know anyone who might be interested in them? I'd hate to just bin them.
    I will take them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

That’s the sort of attitude that keeps the league of Ireland at the low ebb it’s currently at. Only way the league will grow is to tap into the huge market of football fans in this country that watch all their football on telly.

From reading your last 2 posts it seems the main attraction the league of Ireland has for you is that it allows you to be different and to judge the “barstool” fans. It’s very small time thinking.

To get it to grow we need these people to start attending games regularly so we have to stop demonizing them.

And I’d say capacity is a restricting factor in less than 1% of games involving LOI teams so that point about “real” fans not getting tickets is a non runner really.

you will never get the liverpool, man u, sky tv "fans" to become loi fans in a million years, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

pgj2015 wrote: »
    you will never get the liverpool, man u, sky tv "fans" to become loi fans in a million years, end of.

Not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Difficult to keep the rivalry going when the players cant find the UCD fans to celebrate in front of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Los Lobos wrote: »

Try selling them on ebay - surely someone is bound to interested.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

7-0 to the Bohs now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

8-0 now with still 11 minutes plus injury time remaining... 10-0 ��������

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

9! :pac: :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    9! :pac: :pac:

Still 7 minutes plus injury time :eek::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I wouldn't mind, but it was only 2-0 at half time! :pac:

Could be important though come the end of the season as they've now overturned the goal difference that Derry had over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Something dodgy going on dalyer

They hit double figures!! :pac: :)

10 hahaha fukkkkkkkkkkk

10-1 now booooo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

10-1
    We have them!!!
    Seriously though, goalkeeper (because he had the audacity to celebrate) , best defender, captain, winger and forward all gone. I'm surprised there hasn't been more results like this for us.

• Advertisement

Needs a change at UCD. They do actually have fans, we do care, and they do take our money. That was an absolute car-crash

Mayhem.

I’m trying my damnedest to research the record Bohemians win but I’m coming up short, anyone in the know ?

Could be tonight I'd say. UCD back up keeper is brutal, and should have been sent off.

Should have been more than 10 tbh. Derry were a bit ahead on GD before tonight, that has been completely wiped out now, huge result for Bohs in that respect.

I think if there wasnt GD to worry about Bohs would have sat back but they went for the jugular and it paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m trying my damnedest to research the record Bohemians win but I’m coming up short, anyone in the know ?

20 years supporting them and the biggest I saw was Ringmahon rangers in a cup game around 02 I think 9-0 tonight has to be a league record for the club

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Weve recored two 14 0 wins, v rovers in 1922 and v home farm in 1978

From wiki, admittedly

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Weve recored two 14 0 wins, v rovers in 1922 and v home farm in 1978

Thanks GLaDOS and there was me panicking that the last minute UCD goal might have fûcked it up but not to be... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Correction that ringmahon rangers game was 8-0!!

10-1 is a ridiculous score! I feel sorry for UCD they are a good club that have produced a truck load of players for this league Defo don’t deserve to be getting embarrassed like that! Think could be the norm for rest of season

Bohs Facebook are claiming it's the record. I actually missed a couple of goals because I was texting people the score. 8 goals in the second half.

The baldy linesman on the farside gave three bizarre offside when Bohs players were yards on and through on goal in the first half, thought it was going to be one of those nights.....(and he was laughing coming of the pitch at half time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Any time people suggest there should be a 16 team league point them towards this result.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

doncarlos wrote: »
    Any time people suggest there should be a 16 team league point them towards this result.

We'll prob lose to Longford next week tbf

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

doncarlos wrote: »

In fairness this is something of a freak result. We actually beat Bohs at the bowl last month.

In fairness this is a something of a freak result. We beat Bohs at the bowl last month.

3-0 as well....

3-0 as well....

Lol, only one-nil but we’ll take the extra goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

The FAI need to shoulder a lot of the blame for this result, giving a teams best player a farcical ban for something that had been done countless times throughout the years has seriously compromised the integrity of the league. Not the only stupid decision they've done to similar results this season either.

• Advertisement

The FAI need to shoulder a lot of the blame for this result, giving a teams best player a farcical ban for something that had been done countless times throughout the years has seriously compromised the integrity of the league. Not the only stupid decision they've done to similar results this season either.

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Nightmare for Soccer Republic, they'll have to show eleven separate bits of action on Monday! 14 if they show the fouls for the penalties...

R00ster wrote: »
    Nightmare for Soccer Republic, they'll have to show eleven separate bits of action on Monday! 14 if they show the fouls for the penalties...

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they only showed 4 of the goals.

They are going to HAVE to cancel Will and Grace... another plus of this great result.

They are going to HAVE to cancel Will and Grace... another plus of this great result.

Licence payers won't be happy, RTE might throw on an extra episode of Young Sheldon to compensate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement