Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019 pt 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Oat23 wrote: »
    And I thought it was a mistake for Hery to go North. Don't I feel silly..

Super result.

Edit: Aghhh. They conceded a penalty in the 92nd minute. 3-2 now.

A great bit of business by Linfield. A big loss to the LOI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Doesn't reflect overly well on Dundalk who couldn't lay a glove on them. Nor does the fact that Linfield scored more tonight than Dundalk did over six games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Doesn't reflect overly well on Dundalk who couldn't lay a glove on them. Nor does the fact that Linfield scored more tonight than Dundalk did over six games.

Careful now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That 2nd away goal could be the sucker punch that'll cost them.

Qarabag dominated them afaik tonight, so at home they still are firm favs to go through, especially with 2 away goals now.

You make a fair point, but I'd bet on Dundalk on beat Linfield if they met.

• Advertisement

major bill wrote: »
    Careful now
    They're going to stand up to me like they stood up to the FAI.

When they least expect it I'll break out in "That's why your champions", like a true Limerick man.
    NIMAN wrote: »

Oh I agree, but the point remains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Poor night for Dundalk fans Riga & Qarabag both losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Possibly if Kenny was still in charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Read someone online saying Qarabag had a few missing

CSF wrote: »
    Read someone online saying Qarabag had a few missing

Maybe, but I think they still dominated that game tonight.

I can see them winning easily at home. It really will be fairytale stuff if Linfield manage to make it to the groups.

• Advertisement

Linfield did brilliant.

Highlights of Linfield game here.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49387655

Although they scored 3, and had a great 3rd goal, Qarabag hit the woodwork a few times and should have been 3 up before Linfield got their first.

Some balls on the forward for the penalty in the 90th minute.

Lads, the scoreline still reads:
    Linfield 3-2 Qarabag.

If it was a League of Ireland side in their place we wouldn't give a rats whether they scored three goals with three shots, scored three pens or were playing against a load of half-wits.

The result is what it is, and I'm far from a Linfield fan.

Linfield 3-2 Qarabag.

If it was a League of Ireland side in their place we wouldn't give a rats whether they scored three goals with three shots, scored three pens or were playing against a load of half-wits.

Totally agree, but watching the highlights you couldn't see Linfield getting anything positive from next week.

It'll be an easy home victory, which is a shame. I'd love to see the Blues in the group stages, politics or religion doesn't bother me at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Linfield 3-2 Qarabag.

I agree fair play to them. Cant see them having any chance next week but you never know.

The Cross Border Cup might be very interestimg if they take ot serious

At 3-1 I coulda believed but gonna be very tough for them over there

Great result though adds much needed Coefficient points for the Irish League

AFAIK adds to Linfields coefficient only. Every club stands on its own own now or go by country’s international coefficient ie Bohs have no coefficient so they get Ireland’s = 1340. Linfield are currently 1750, (that will change) Northern Ireland’s (unbelievably) is .925 so Linfield keep their own.

https://www.footballseeding.com/club-ranking/a2019-2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

It's just a shame that our striker decided to return to form after the European games.

But the digs are welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Well he’s not much good if he decided not to be on form for European games.

At 3-1 I coulda believed but gonna be very tough for them over there

Great result though adds much needed Coefficient points for the Irish League

Maybe better example of how coefficients work is between Derry and Coleraine.

Both have coefficients of 1250. Derry get Republic of Ireland’s = 1340 while Coleraine (which is greater than NI’s) keep 1250

On that list Derry number 420, Coleraine 441.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Well he’s not much good if he decided not to be on form for European games.

And says a lot about the league that he was last year's top scorer by a mile, and is currently this year's top scorer also (although mostly penalties).

• Advertisement

And says a lot about the league that he was last year's top scorer by a mile, and is currently this year's top scorer also (although mostly penalties).
    i.e. the best of a bad bunch.

yep

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Linfield 3-2 Qarabag.

Why are we all so eager to read into individual results in individual years?

Europe is all about successive incremental progress over a period of years.
    joeysoap wrote: »
    AFAIK adds to Linfields coefficient only. Every club stands on its own own now or go by country’s international coefficient ie Bohs have no coefficient so they get Ireland’s = 1340. Linfield are currently 1750, (that will change) Northern Ireland’s (unbelievably) is .925 so Linfield keep their own.

They go by whichever one is higher, so both will now increase.

Listening back to Craig Sexton on the GLITW, some of the stuff he says is laughable. A real FAI Muppet:

1. Planning for each League of Ireland underage side to have a UEFA Elite Youth A License manager by 2024 - 4 teams across 20 clubs makes 80 license holders. Good luck with that.

2. Saying how there is an industry for full-time coaching in Ireland, then going on to say that clubs receiving compensation for players in the future will allow money to trickle down to academies to maybe allow a 19's manager to become full-time or something of that ilk etc. - So full-time coaching will become more likely if we send our players off to England. Jesus wept.

No. Says things purely about him if he decided not to perform in Europe.

Nothing to do with anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Listening back to Craig Sexton on the GLITW, some of the stuff he says is laughable. A real FAI Muppet:

1. Planning for each League of Ireland underage side to have a UEFA Elite Youth A License manager by 2024 - 4 teams across 20 clubs makes 80 license holders. Good luck with that.

2. Saying how there is an industry for full-time coaching in Ireland, then going on to say that clubs receiving compensation for players in the future will allow money to trickle down to academies to maybe allow a 19's manager to become full-time or something of that ilk etc. - So full-time coaching will become more likely if we send our players off to England. Jesus wept.

Jaysus , talk about pie in the sky.

We can't even have all first team managers full time.

No incentive for coaches to pay the ludicrous amount it costs to the fai to get qualified to these levels when there's no bloody football industry in this country to be employed in.

Coaches can make just as good money training junior and Leinster senior league teams, without having to go through the fai bull****. Sad really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

He is a young coach having some good success and seeing the fruits of a currently very successful linkup between Kevins and Bohs, his family are Bohs for generations afaik, allow the guy some positivity IMO. He'll be as jaded and negative as the rest of us by 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

has he taken a blow to the head lately? Absolute Insanity even by the FAI standards

Not for one minute taking away from Linfield's performance.

But Dundalk drew 1-1 with Qarabeg in Oriel (a game they prob could have won in 2nd half)

If thats not laying a glove on them, we have very very high standards in this country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

tastyt wrote: »
    Jaysus , talk about pie in the sky.

We can't even have all first team managers full time.

No incentive for coaches to pay the ludicrous amount it costs to the fai to get qualified to these levels when there's no bloody football industry in this country to be employed in.

Coaches can make just as good money training junior and Leinster senior league teams, without having to go through the fai bull****. Sad really

I imagine that's a Ruud Doekter initiative. No harm in aiming for a standard that high. We do need to aim to create an industry here in football - for players, coaches, physios etc. If our own governing body wasn't aiming for that we'd be scathing them for a lack of ambition.

If we don't believe that is attainable in the long run then we may as well all give up now.

Anyone hear if Danny Lafferty to Dundalk is happening or not?

End of season im hearing. Jarvis leaving then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Keep posting about the mighty Dundalk....once we are in your head we are doing something right....;););):D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Planning for each League of Ireland underage side to have a UEFA Elite Youth A License manager by 2024 - 4 teams across 20 clubs makes 80 license holders. Good luck with that.

Did he mean each side as in someone like Limerick will have an Elite youth coach over every underage team or just that every club will have one Elite youth coach employed at the club?
    BOHtox wrote: »
    I imagine that's a Ruud Doekter initiative. No harm in aiming for a standard that high. We do need to aim to create an industry here in football - for players, coaches, physios etc. If our own governing body wasn't aiming for that we'd be scathing them for a lack of ambition.

If we don't believe that is attainable in the long run then we may as well all give up now.

If he'd said every underage team would have a manager with his UEFA A then fair enough because that's more attainable and should be something all clubs aim for but money is the problem. More so actually making money from coaching over the price of badges because I know Limerick paid for some coaches to do badges and that's why lads got involved because the club funded their UEFA A or B, think they funded Tommy Barretts Pro Licence or most of it anyway.

But I can't see why every manager would go for UEFA A youth which was more set up for lads that wanted to run academies rather than coach youths. It's like the Pro Licence for those that want to run youth football. So just having the one UEFA youth A license holder would be enough because his job would be to work with all the coaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

End of season im hearing. Jarvis leaving then

Signed for Rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A bit out of the blue. What does this mean for Sean Kavanagh then? He is arguably the best left back in the league, I doubt Lafferty signed to sit on the bench either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Any cup games on tv tonight?

A bit out of the blue. What does this mean for Sean Kavanagh then? He is arguably the best left back in the league, I doubt Lafferty signed to sit on the bench either.

Sean will probably move up to left wing

I rate Jarvis pretty highly. Glad to see him on the bench on Monday. I know they are in different positions but Dundalk are well covered at the back. Young Hand can’t get a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

sugarman wrote: »
    Not happening ....just signed for Rovers :cool:

we didnt want him anyway, hes 30.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    we didnt want him anyway, hes 30.

Took a bit longer than expected for this nonsense to start :-)

• Advertisement

College restoring a bit of pride tonight

College restoring a bit of pride tonight

More than a bit.

Be hilarious if they go on and win it this year.

Was their goalkeeper back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Embarrassing from us tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

cork city are a shambles that is embarassing from a club with 6 coaches putting up that sh1t display against a club near the bottom of the first division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Kenny at Pats has been awful.

Bermingham has been playing as a left winger most weeks. He can barely move anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

C’mon the Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Zico ! wrote: »
    cork city are a shambles that is embarassing from a club with 6 coaches putting up that sh1t display against a club near the bottom of the first division
    Knew we'd put up a good display against ye but didn't think we'd have enough to win. By all accounts ye were diabolical.

Good week for Temple Street. €900 between Monday and tonight. :)

Regarding Danny Lafferty. Not the first time on here that I read Dundalk were rumored to be interested in signing xxxxx xxxxx. Only for it to be just that, rumour. If we were to believe half of them Dundalk would have a huge squad.
    Anyway, who would they drop to accommodate anyone new?

Great to see Jarvis back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

joeysoap wrote: »
    Good week for Temple Street. €900 between Monday and tonight. :)

Regarding Danny Lafferty. Not the first time on here that I read Dundalk were rumored to be interested in signing xxxxx xxxxx. Only for it to be just that, rumour. If we were to believe half of them Dundalk would have a huge squad.
    Anyway, who would they drop to accommodate anyone new?

Great to see Jarvis back again.

how did they raise any money monday night? i had money on me for them and saw no one collecting at the gate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement