Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019 pt 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Corholio wrote: »
    He played 4 minutes of a league game against Bray. That was his only competitive senior appearance for City. I believe he may have came on in a friendly/behind closed doors game as well. Hard to know 'true value' when manager and managers brother pulls a fast one.
    bot43 wrote: »
    I was talking about Kevin Long :pac:

Shane Long also played in a Setanta cup game away to Shels and won an under 21 league title with City. He was at the club the bones of a year long enough for City to know his value you would think given his subsequent transfer fees are over 25M.

Kevin Long played about 15 times for City and transferred to Burnley in 2009 the ownership of the sell on clause renmains in dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

doncarlos wrote: »
    Cleary wins player of the month.

Having one good month doesn't mean you're international quality or change that change that he was poor up to around may.
    Should we be calling for Dinny Corcoran to get call up too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

bot43 wrote: »
    I was talking about Kevin Long :pac:

I didn't even see your posts, mine were response to different poster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

wadacrack wrote: »
    Bohs werent convincing v Longford and Shels. Crumlin are the best LSL side in years too, gave Dundalk a decent game 2 years ago in Iveagh grounds (3-1). Craig Walsh, Conor Murphy, Alan McGreal , Dean Kelly and Jake Donnelly all very talented players. If Crumlin can defend well and fitness levels are ok it could be tighter than many think

Bohs are in the semifinal unless some of the recent Limerick players sign for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Having one good month doesn't mean you're international quality or change that change that he was poor up to around may.

https://www.the42.ie/daniel-cleary-player-of-the-month-4805876-Sep2019/

We didn’t say Cleary was international material now, the post was about possible future Irish players,

Michael Duffy. I think daniel Cleary will go on to play for Ireland as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I never said he was international quality. You did however say he wasn't very good, you also said he was found out plenty of times this season. Care to list some of these 'plenty of times'?

joeysoap wrote: »
    Does February count?

https://www.the42.ie/daniel-cleary-player-of-the-month-4805876-Sep2019/

We didn’t say Cleary was international material now, the post was about possible future Irish players,

Michael Duffy. I think daniel Cleary will go on to play for Ireland as well.

Oh he was nominated for the award in February 2018 that changes everything....

He has far too many holes in his game. Hasn't shown anything in Europe and has had some howlers in the league.

Oh he was nominated for the award in February 2018 that changes everything....

He has far too many holes in his game. Hasn't shown anything in Europe and has had some howlers in the league.

Well it proves one of your points wrong as you said he was **** until May.

Want to try and stop yourself looking like a spoofer by listing some of these howlers you mentioned?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Want to try and stop yourself looking like a spoofer by listing some of these howlers you mentioned?

Id be interested to know this myself.

1 OG V Pats is all I can think of, and that was cutting out a cross so hardly a howler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

jeasus,your man D14rugby hates everything about Dundalk.

And Bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

blingrhino wrote: »

Well they did give us the Corrs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Corholio wrote: »
    He played 4 minutes of a league game against Bray. That was his only competitive senior appearance for City. I believe he may have came on in a friendly/behind closed doors game as well. Hard to know 'true value' when manager and managers brother pulls a fast one.

Dolan was able to sell players at what ever price without it being agreed to by the board or chairman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Well they did give us the Corrs!

And you’re very welcome.

Yeah because being nominated, not even winning it, for an award over a year ago does mean he wasn't **** for the first half of this season.

Had a howler against rovers in oriel in the build up for the goal, howler against Pats too, and numerous others where he's been bailed out. Sure he was dropped for a while for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Some answers here to the Bray u17 fiasco

https://bohemianfc.com/?p=14765

Nope I think Gannon is good, Boyle, Benson, Duffy, Kelly too. I'm just not carried away on the Dan Cleary hype train and call Dundalk out on their ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

And you’re very welcome.

Is Jim a Dundalk fan? Maybe ye could sell a silver hat with a tinfoil effect in his honour.

Yeah because being nominated, not even winning it, for an award over a year ago does mean he wasn't **** for the first half of this season.

Had a howler against rovers in oriel in the build up for the goal, howler against Pats too, and numerous others where he's been bailed out. Sure he was dropped for a while for a reason.

And basing an opinion on possibly seeing him playing once means he is ****? You are so biased against Dundalk it's hilarious. Just for ****s and giggles, how many Dundalk players would get into the Rovers team in your opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Dundalks a big ask. Would have fancied us to sneak it agaist either of the other two. It's a one off game and you never know. At least its at home and should be 3000+ at it.
    You'd have to laugh at some that reckon the FAI give enough of a sh1te to rig the draw.
    Surely a Dublin derby final in Dublin would be the biggest draw. 30,000 at that would be achievable even if 10,000 of that would be guards on overtime.

• Advertisement

Yeah because being nominated, ......Sure he was dropped for a while for a reason.

Vinny Perth very seldom plays the same starting eleven 2 matches running, so I wouldn’t put any importance in not starting any particular match.

Vinny Perth very seldom plays the same starting eleven 2 matches running, so I wouldn’t put any importance in not starting any particular match.

I'm basing it off the fact there was a point he was playing every second week. Lad scores a couple of goals against UCD and he's the second coming. Does this mean we've moved on from Murray and McGrath though? Thought they were both better than Byrne.
    And basing an opinion on possibly seeing him playing once means he is ****? You are so biased against Dundalk it's hilarious. Just for ****s and giggles, how many Dundalk players would get into the Rovers team in your opinion

You can't say team because opposition, formation and player form change so much. In general though Gannon definitely, after that Duffy and Shields probably maybe Georgie Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Its not hate its fear...they are all affraid of a small town club being where he wants his capitial club to be right now. :D:D;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

https://mobile.twitter.com/RTEsoccer/status/1172053085327253505?s=08

Doesn’t even bother shaking the balls lol. Amateur

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RTEsoccer/status/1172053085327253505?s=08

Doesn’t even bother shaking the balls lol. Amateur

Balls from the outside first to come out of the pot. Then inside 2....dont look too professional.

Shady lad standing in the camera picture, bals not moved before being plucked and the FAI announcing they have a man there to make sure things are done right......:P:P:rolleyes::rolleyes:

FAI couldnt organise a piss up in St James Gate if the taps were left flowing for a week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Can't see what's written on the paper either. Not suggesting any impropriety but certainly not transparent.

I'm basing it off the fact there was a point he was playing every second week. Lad scores a couple of goals against UCD and he's the second coming. Does this mean we've moved on from Murray and McGrath though? Thought they were both better than Byrne.

You can't say team because opposition, formation and player form change so much. In general though Gannon definitely, after that Duffy and Shields probably maybe Georgie Kelly.

You think only 1 player would definitely start and possibly 3 others for the team that are 10 points ahead of you

You think only 1 player would definitely start and possibly 3 others for the team that are 10 points ahead of you

Well yeah. Just look at the ideal Rovers team.
    GK: Mannus > Rogers every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    CB's: Pico, Grace, O'Brien. You could argue Hoare for Pico but that'd be harsh since Pico has had to buy a new cabinet from Ikea hes won MotM so much this season.
    WB's: Boyle, Kavanagh. Gannon in for Boyle but Massey is nowhere near Kavanagh.
    CM's: McEneff, Finn. You could argue Shields gets in there but his style of player isn't really needed in this formation.
    CAM: Byrne. No need to say anything here.
    CF's: Burke, Greene. Who do you put in here? Patrick "Penalties" Hooooooooban? Nah not for me, not on this seasons form anyway. Maybe Kelly for Greene as they seem similar enough but Kelly looks a more natural finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Terrified already as to which way the conversation is going to veer this time tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

CB's: Pico, Grace, O'Brien. You could argue Hoare for Pico but that'd be harsh since Pico has had to buy a new cabinet from Ikea hes won MotM so much this season.
    CM's: McEneff, Finn. You could argue Shields gets in there but his style of player isn't really needed in this formation.
    CF's: Burke, Greene. Who do you put in here? Patrick "Penalties" Hooooooooban? Nah not for me, not on this seasons form anyway. Maybe Kelly for Greene as they seem similar enough but Kelly looks a more natural finisher.

So... As shams are so much better man for man and 10pts behind... Are you saying Bradley is useless?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Fair play to Vinny Perth for getting so much out of such a limited team.

Wonder if he’ll replace Kenny with the U21s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CSF wrote: »
    Terrified already as to which way the conversation is going to veer this time tomorrow.

Best of luck to Shels tomorrow.

Vinny Perth must be the best manager Dundalk ever had to have us 10 points clear after missing key players for large parts season and Benson out basically the whole season.

They might give him the Ireland senior job after Stephen

overshoot wrote: »
    So... As shams are so much better man for man and 10pts behind... Are you saying Bradley is useless?

Should that not be why have Rovers surrendered a 23 point difference.....according to some they had it all won earlier in the year.

Vinny Perth must be the best manager Dundalk ever had to have us 10 points clear after missing key players for large parts season and Benson out basically the whole season.

They might give him the Ireland senior job after before Stephen

Corrected that for you...:D:D;);)

Maybe Perth learned how to deal with injury list on the FAI courses he has to undertake :rolleyes:

Can't see what's written on the paper either. Not suggesting any impropriety but certainly not transparent.

Doesn't look great but surely if it was going to be fixed there would be a semifinal with Bohs and Dundalk in it to ensure the two finals they would find most attractive, Bohs V Rovers or Dundalk v Rovers would be achieved.

I actually have a feeling there will be a shock over the next three games and it wont be a Dundalk Shamrock Rovers final

Doesn't look great but surely if it was going to be fixed there would be a semifinal with Bohs and Dundalk in it to ensure the two finals they would find most attractive, Bohs V Rovers or Dundalk v Rovers would be achieved.

I actually have a feeling there will be a shock over the next three games and it wont be a Dundalk Shamrock Rovers final

Am sitting here in a German airport waiting for my flight home and was thinking....Dundalk have more or less the league rapped up, its a matter of when and not if they will win it.

However the cup final tomorrow and FAI cup /semi/final are far from won. It could go from T dream to league winners very easily in a few weeks. Never the less......CmonTheTown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Hoban not going to Rovers next season?

The only reason why Rovers are not closer to Dundalk is cos you have people like Greene upfront, a genuine nice lad but not a person you'd want up top challenging for the league, point taken that there is a serious lack of decent forwards in Irish football.

• Advertisement

major bill wrote: »
    Hoban not going to Rovers next season?

Pats is the word on the street however wouldn't be surprised to see his agent cave and accept the one year deal on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pats is the word on the street however wouldn't be surprised to see his agent cave and accept the one year deal on offer

Surely Pats extra funds are gone with Kenny leaving? Assuming he still has his "investors" money.

Hoban will be at Dundalk next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

it would be a bad move to leave, he is first choice striker, he should take the 1 year, bang in a load more goals and im sure he will get another year or two at the best club in the country.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

CSF wrote: »

Shels should make the playoff at least. Harps would be tough...

Limerick players did remarkably well this season considering all that’s going on.
    More points than the bottom two combined. Kudos where its due.

• Advertisement

Where are RTE getting the dates of Cork , Derry and Waterford in the intro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Limerick players did remarkably well this season considering all that’s going on.
    More points than the bottom two combined. Kudos where its due.

Jesus, fair point.

Imagine how many they'd have without the alleged match fixing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bohs miss a sitter open goal from 4 yards, Waterford go up the other end and profit from the worst exhibition of goalkeeping I’ve maybe ever seen. Dreadful all round.

Strumms wrote: »
    Bohs miss a sitter open goal from 4 yards, Waterford go up the other end and profit from the worst exhibition of goalkeeping I’ve maybe ever seen. Dreadful all round.

Type of keeper that will pull off a worldy after! Not his finest moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Waterford the better team here so far, could easily have 3

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement