Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019 pt 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Waterford the better team here so far, could easily have 3

Yes with a bit more cutting edge.

Bohs have been abysmal going forward, a pass back of a shot from 30 yards with three players practically unmarked at the far post, Qing up.

Free header from five yards out and the ball is heading in the direction of the corner flag..

As i type another sitter missed, should be 3-1 Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Guffy wrote: »
    Jesus, fair point.

Imagine how many they'd have without the alleged match fixing.

Probably one or three extra as it's the one league game and cup game being investigated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Waterford win 2-1 and RTE give the MOTM to a full back on the losing side, then proceed to go on about how fantastic Bohs young team was, despite 8 of Waterford’s starting 11 being 22 or under.

The Dublin bias is hilarious, they hadn’t a clue what to say about Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Shels promoted. Never in doubt.

Welcome back.
    Waterford win 2-1 and RTE give the MOTM to a full back on the losing side, then proceed to go on about how fantastic Bohs young team was, despite 8 of Waterford’s starting 11 being 22 or under.

Wouldn't really call it a bias. It's more that they haven't a clue about anything that happens outside the capital so they focus on what they do know.

They were at the same on RTE when we beat Bohs in Dublin earlier in the season.

Another game that saw Bohs struggle to score, they had a number of either good chances or good possession in positions to create good chances that when they did fluffed their lines, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Or Long on one hand saying how great his young lads are and on the other moaning about how injury's forced him to play them, he was banging on about Waterford being full time pre match too like bohs are amateurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Guffy wrote: »
    Jesus, fair point.

Imagine how many they'd have without the alleged match fixing.
    Good one, last time I heard a Limerick match fixing joke I nearly fell off my dinosaur.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Genuinely thought Bohs were better team tonight and could have been 2 or 3 up at a stage. Was on site and didn't watch on TV. Poxy goals and posy result. Scott Allardice was motm for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Frustrating night for us in Inchicore. 3 goals disallowed for offside. Wasted opportunity with Bohs losing to try and get Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How have Sligo only 38 points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We’re back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

dfx- wrote: »
    How have Sligo only 38 points?

We've lost 11 and drawn 11. Far too many dropped points to even challenge for Europe.
    The main problem is we're far too shaky at the back. A better defence and we'd have the 8 or 9 extra points needed to be challenging for 3rd or 4th.

Mahon is our stand out defender. The rest are middling to poor. McFadden and Mcginty are very poor passers and tend to hoof it up the pitch which just gifts the ball back to our opponents and invites pressure back on us.

It's not all on them though, Parkes upfront is capable of a quality strike but too often he falls over the ball or tries to go it alone when we need him to hold it up and wait for support.

Its not guaranteed that Buckley will stick around. The contract was for a year with a sort of gentleman's agreement that if he saw good progress he'd take us into next season. A big part of that will be the ability to upgrade a few key areas in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

kksaints wrote: »
    Frustrating night for us in Inchicore. 3 goals disallowed for offside. Wasted opportunity with Bohs losing to try and get Europe.

And you both gave us a great chance to nip into the spot!

Massive game v Bohs at the Brandywell next Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

Just saw there Galway were 1-0 down at half time to Cobh who had a man sent off after the break and then battered Cobh with 7 in the second half with left back Marc Ludden getting 4 goals. Sounds like a mad game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Well done Shels, welcome back.

Between the Waterford man being completely free in the box, Talbot flapping at the ball and Wade-Slater stuck to the post, you'll struggle to find a worse goal.

https://twitter.com/SoccRepublic/status/1172586746850107392?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

No words to describe last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Fairplay to Shels! Good to have them back have missed the Bohs Shels derby! Guaranteed two more big gates next season!

Always enjoy the Bohs vs Shels derby. Always ultra competitive and really entertaining games. Two passionate sets of fans creating a great derby atmosphere without any hassle in the main.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Stephen O'Leary of Cobh must be unreal!

Cobh go 1-0 up. He gets sent off. Cobh lose 7-1.

You can't get a better review than that!

:pac: :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Between the Waterford man being completely free in the box, Talbot flapping at the ball and Wade-Slater stuck to the post, you'll struggle to find a worse goal.

https://twitter.com/SoccRepublic/status/1172586746850107392?s=19

Hope Bohs defend like that against Crumlin ðŸ˜႒

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nice to see Shels come back up, be nice to roar abuse at them again :), hopefully :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Congrats to all the Shels lads on here. Back where ya belong.

Less said about Bohs the better. Worst I've seen them in a long time.

• Advertisement

Delighted for Shels, that sending off appeared a bit harsh.

Having said I didn’t see the first yellow. The Brennan’s (plural) reputation continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

major bill wrote: »
    Fairplay to Shels! Good to have them back have missed the Bohs Shels derby! Guaranteed two more big gates next season!

Thanks a million! I'm still in celebration mode all tearful

Really looking forward to the Darby next year , most of the Bohs fans i know are salt of the earth types, would help me with almost anything!

I managed to fluke a ticket for croke park.
    I won't be online today..
    Comon you boys in blue! 5 in a row time

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Omackeral wrote: »
    Congrats to all the Shels lads on here. Back where ya belong.

Less said about Bohs the better. Worst I've seen them in a long time.

I thought we did alright, were better team, we've nobody to finish off the chances we created thought. Two silly goals to give away, felt we were robbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

joeysoap wrote: »
    Delighted for Shels, that sending off appeared a bit harsh.

Having said I didn’t see the first yellow. The Brennan’s (plural) reputation continues.
    Kind of agree as an isolated incident, but he had one earlier that our whole stand was fairly infuriated he didn’t get a 2nd yellow for, so I guess he was on his last warning and didn’t take it seriously enough.

Shels last 3 league titles were when Dundalk were in the 1st division
    Dundalk’s last 3 titles were when Shels were in the 1st division.
    Just saying.

Funny old world. :)

• Advertisement

Its not guaranteed that Buckley will stick around. The contract was for a year with a sort of gentleman's agreement that if he saw good progress he'd take us into next season. A big part of that will be the ability to upgrade a few key areas in the team.

Unless he wants to retire/take a break I don't see him leaving. There's no jobs open. Shams, Dundalk, Bohs, Pats, Derry and Cork are all unavailable. He's not going to Waterford unless Power decides to put a load of money in again.

Only other option really would be Shels. Would they stick with Morris or let him go if Buckley said he was interested in the job I wonder? Not sure how the Shels fans/board feel about Morris now but maybe he is improving as a coach and there's no chance they'd cut him loose.

Morrris or Henderson got the totally irrelevant badges?

Oat could add Finn Harps and UCD to that list, so there’s only Waterford. Sligo it is.

Scratch that. UCD will be in the 1st division, and nobody does Harps better than Ollie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

joeysoap wrote: »
    Morrris or Henderson got the totally irrelevant badges?

Oat could add Finn Harps and UCD to that list, so there’s only Waterford. Sligo it is.

Henderson has his pro licence I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Derry 1 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Congrats Shels, always a good feeling being back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Where is your cards for Duffy ref Dundalk getting away with alot and more stuff Dundalk getting away with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This ref is a joke Dundalk diving all over the place, and getting away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Penalties it is

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Penalties at the Brandywell.

Why the F am I only realising the game is on Eir now when it's like 5-5 in the penalties. I've been following it on flashscore for the last 2 bloody hours like a tool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dundalk win 6-5 on pens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Perth quite emotional in an interview just now.

done a very good this year . i am my doubts earliee in the year

Dundalk a third of the way there, FAI Cup is the only one in any doubt.

In other news, Derry fan shining a Lazer into the eyes of Aaron McCarey in the shootout and some of both sets of fans scrapping on the pitch post-game.

Classy.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Perth quite emotional in an interview just now.

Well, It is Perth’s first trophy as a manager head coach. :)

Oops, if you don’t count the Pesidents cup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Dundalk a third of the way there, FAI Cup is the only one in any doubt.

In other news, Derry fan shining a Lazer into the eyes of Aaron McCarey in the shootout and some of both sets of fans scrapping on the pitch post-game.

Classy.

Disgrace, our lads started it. Never seen some them at a game before though

Plenty of cameras have them so hopefully we get rid of a few of them at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Disgrace, our lads started it. Never seen some them at a game before though

Plenty of cameras have them so hopefully we get rid of a few of them at least

One or two of the regular scumbags and a mix of lads I've never seen before. Mostly kids with a few lads in late teens early 20s. Completely avoidable. Just grab a few and throw them out the first time they are standing on wall or on pitch. It really pisses me off to see these lads acting the bollox and stewards just letting them away with it. Clubs need to meet and and agree of you enter the pitch in one ground you are banned from all stadia for a year. That would stop it fairly sharpish

It's really unbelievable that you've just won an penalty shootout and a trophy and the first thing you think of is running to the opposition fans to wind them up. Especially fans that we have never had any animosity with or any trouble with. They're was a lot of angry people around me and the lads that were causing the trouble fairly **** themselves when the normal fans were chanting 'scum' at them when they came back. They sneaked up the side of the stand rather than over the way they left as a fair few would have gotten a few clips around the ears had they tried to pass through the normal fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Stewards aren’t the law and can only do so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Stewards aren’t the law and can only do so much.

Throwing people out that are acting the bollox would be a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It took the gloss off what was a very good advertisement for LOI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

NIMAN wrote: »
    It took the gloss off what was a very good advertisement for LOI.

It also took the gloss off for two sets of players who gave everything for 120 minutes.

Seeing Dundalk players having to encourage little scumbags to leave the pitch and keep away from opposition fans was a disappointing sight.

There will be some who criticise stewards but they are not there to be a riot police.

The problem is that banning these scumbags from Oriel will have zero effect because they are rarely, if ever, there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement