Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S10 warranty - second hand from Adverts.

• 20-07-2019 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at Samsung S10s on Adverts. A lot of them say something like 'no receipt but has 24 months warranty'.

Do they actually honour the warranty on second hand phones with no receipts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I've been looking at Samsung S10s on Adverts. A lot of them say something like 'no receipt but has 24 months warranty'.

Do they actually honour the warranty on second hand phones with no receipts?

Yes because they check its IMEI.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

I read some reports on here that these phones are blacklisted in other countries?

Anyone with direct purchase experience?

Are they non eu imports with non 3 pin chargers?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

BArra wrote: »
    I read some reports on here that these phones are blacklisted in other countries?

I got an S10 5G off Advrts the seller had a shop on Mary street. He gave me a receipt. I also done a Blacklist check and it came back clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

One of those sellers says in their ad they sell only legit phones wheras others Dublin shop sellers are offloading UK blacklisted models?

I am curious to where they get them and how legit it is since they dont have mass bulk buying ability (i assume)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GeneralSherman

Further to buying phones online - is there any problem with buying a UK version of a phone from Amazon uk? What even are phone versions eg. UK version, West european version, International version. Which version do we need for Ireland ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

BArra wrote: »

As I said before, I've dealt with a certain "shop" that gave me a handwritten receipt and phones that were all blacklisted in other countries.

There is a reason these grey imports are cheaper, those importing them don't pay the bills in the origin country and they get blocked.

Your phone may not be blacklisted, it may, it may in a couple weeks, months, etc..

After going through the hassle, I ended up just buying the S8 legit in the end, had the peace of mind.

Not brandishing all of these "shops" but that was my experience with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Patchin

As I said before, I've dealt with a certain "shop" that gave me a handwritten receipt and phones that were all blacklisted in other countries.

There is a reason these grey imports are cheaper, those importing them don't pay the bills in the origin country and they get blocked.

Your phone may not be blacklisted, it may, it may in a couple weeks, months, etc..

After going through the hassle, I ended up just buying the S8 legit in the end, had the peace of mind.

Not brandishing all of these "shops" but that was my experience with one of them.

They give a code to put into the phone on startup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Patchin wrote: »
    They give a code to put into the phone on startup

That has nothing to do with being blacked in say, for example, the UK.

Advertisement