Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account was re-debited for a fraudulent payment

Options
  • 20-07-2019 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I was the victim of debit card fraud back in May. I notified BOI and was in touch with the fraud department. The issue was seemingly resolved, however, I checked my bank account today and noticed one of the transactions was re-debited from my account.

I told the fraud department at the time of the incident that this payment was not authorised by me so I'm extremely annoyed to see they have disregarded this. I have lost a large sum of money because of this and will now have to cut my holiday short.

Can you please help me resolve this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Rhyso wrote: »
    I was the victim of debit card fraud back in May. I notified BOI and was in touch with the fraud department. The issue was seemingly resolved, however, I checked my bank account today and noticed one of the transactions was re-debited from my account.

I told the fraud department at the time of the incident that this payment was not authorised by me so I'm extremely annoyed to see they have disregarded this. I have lost a large sum of money because of this and will now have to cut my holiday short.

Can you please help me resolve this?

Hi Rhyso

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. Firstly we are really sorry to hear that you have been the victim of Fraud on your account. In this instance we would recommend that you contact our Card Security Team on 00353567757007 and one of our advisors will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Please feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement