Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is like living in liscorrie?

• 20-07-2019 6:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

Hi we are thinking of buying a house up in liscorrie, we went up there during an open viewing weekend and we got there 30mins before the viewing therefore we waited and noticed it was quite enough, i also noticed there were horses near the estate. I am really wondering with all the news involving drogheda, is it worth getting a house in the area of liscorrie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

I dont live there but been in the estate a few times, seems quiet and looks well maintained. It is beside Moneymore though which has come in for a bad rap lately, some deserved, some hyped up media paper doesn't refuse ink stuff.
    I think alot of people who work in the hospital have moved there so there'll be a mix of nationalities based on being in the hospital and the staff of docs, nurses and support.
    Never seen horses around town to be honest but there could well be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Oh man, moneymoore is where that petrol bomb attack from? Should I be worried, we will be buying a house up in Liscorrie and raise our family. Should I reconsider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Cast Iron wrote: »
    I dont live there but been in the estate a few times, seems quiet and looks well maintained. It is beside Moneymore though which has come in for a bad rap lately, some deserved, some hyped up media paper doesn't refuse ink stuff.
    I think alot of people who work in the hospital have moved there so there'll be a mix of nationalities based on being in the hospital and the staff of docs, nurses and support.
    Never seen horses around town to be honest but there could well be

Hi man, if we decided to live in that estate any good schools near the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Friend bought house there last year (young couple) haven’t heard any complaints, still plenty of building going on but seems like nice area with a lot of young families. Close to town and Matthews bus so good option for commuters to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

It's a totally different estate to Moneymore so I wouldn't be worried and the entrance is good bit away. If it was me though I would knock on a few doors in Liscorrie and have a chat to your potential neighbours. I'd do that if I was moving anywhere really.
    I'd say you'll get good feedback purely from the look of the place, the big green looks great for kids.

Plenty of primary schools a short walk away for both boys (St Patricks, currently being renovated so should be in great nick for new school year) and girls (St Brigids), both right beside each other. You've the local gaa and soccer pitches right beside you aswell and the local athletics track too. Town centre is short walk and theres a retail park up the road beside the M1 motorway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement