Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying over summer

Options
  • 20-07-2019 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm about to begin 5th year, which, according to pretty much everyone, is a pretty tough year. I have a lot of my textbooks already, so it feels like a good idea to get a head start on some things. Has anyone else done this and what are the most effective things to try and get ahead on.
    My subjects are the core 3, german, chemistry, physics and ap maths, hl everything.

Thanks xx

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Read your novel(s) for English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 EmmausCentre

The Institute of Education do a higher level maths prep for people going into 5th year. Well worth it if you are in greater Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Most effective thing you can do is enjoy the summer and recharge the batteries. Ling, hard and tiring year ahead. Why start it early and that's coming from a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't tend to advise people to spend their summer studying, there's a lot to be said for facing in fresh in September.

However, this
    spurious wrote: »
    Read your novel(s) for English.

is something which you can do curled up in a deckchair in the sun without too much strain.

Actually ... read any decent, well-written book. Keep a quarter eye on how it's written ... plot, character development, structure, how the author keeps your interest.

Advertisement