Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Upgrade

Options
  • 20-07-2019 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    It's been nearly 6 years since I built my first pc after some great tips here and after the release of new processors from AMD i'm thinking it's time for a cpu ugrade,
    Currently have an intel 3570k with a 1080 ti and I game on a 100 hz 3440 ultra wide monitor.
    From doing some research I am leaning towards the amd 3600 but I am not sure what motherboard to pair it with, preferably one which wont break the bank!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

A 3600 would probably be around 50% faster than your 3570K, so it would be a decent upgrade. Getting a motherboard is a bit problematic now - as you might have seen in the Zen thread - the only motherboards that support 3rd gen Ryzens straight out of the box are the X570 series, and they are (too) expensive. MSI has B450 "Max" boards coming out soon, so they might be your best bet, unless you want to try a current MSI B450 board and go with the BIOS Flash which has been dodgy at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm of the opinion that the MAX boards are likely to have the same problems as the current boards. Although they'll have an updated BIOS it'll be one of the current ones if they're due out in the short term. It's certainly a time to sit back and wait IMHO.

IF they can get the thing working correctly +1 on the 3600 and the MSI Tomahawk is a good board (plagued with BIOS issues atm).

Advertisement